Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys, the part number you need is Denso:IK24, IK27, IK31 The numbers dictate head range. Generally street cars are happy with the 24's
Old 03-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hey guys, the part number you need is Denso:IK24, IK27, IK31 The numbers dictate head range. Generally street cars are happy with the 24's
And there you go jr

Thanks Hanz!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #3
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
which one dictates what heat range?

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
24, 27, and 31 are the heat ranges.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
This might help

@hanzbrady Thx for the reply bud! Are those regular ACL's or the Race's types? Unfortunately, crank has alraedy been externally balanced. So i will be using the regular 17's on the rods
Old 03-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
This might help

@hanzbrady Thx for the reply bud! Are those regular ACL's or the Race's types? Unfortunately, crank has alraedy been externally balanced. So i will be using the regular 17's on the rods
We use ACL race bearings. As for what you just said, all sport compact engines are internally balanced, not external just figured I'd clear that up.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Guys, can i get a bit of advice on what type of bearings to use for a vet setup?

Block has been machined with oil groooves (sr20ve style, i think the gtir also has them machined) to accept gtir 5-hole bearings.
It's a daily driver with the occasional track/drift use.

I'm sort of leaning towards ACL race or Kings bearings, but i'm having doubts wether to maintain the loser end of the standard recommended clearance (according to FSM 0.025mm) or use the X (+0.025mm/0.001") bearings.

Motor will see max 8.5k rpm on 16ve cams, supertech S+R, HX40 on TS exh mani

And has anyone been able to fit a 4" elbow+downpipe in a LHD s14?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Guys, can i get a bit of advice on what type of bearings to use for a vet setup?

Block has been machined with oil groooves (sr20ve style, i think the gtir also has them machined) to accept gtir 5-hole bearings.
It's a daily driver with the occasional track/drift use.

I'm sort of leaning towards ACL race or Kings bearings, but i'm having doubts wether to maintain the loser end of the standard recommended clearance (according to FSM 0.025mm) or use the X (+0.025mm/0.001") bearings.

Motor will see max 8.5k rpm on 16ve cams, supertech S+R, HX40 on TS exh mani

And has anyone been able to fit a 4" elbow+downpipe in a LHD s14?
We use ACL on every build at the shop when they're available. Use GTi-R bearings, and I'd recommend using a 19mm rod bearing however they require rod machining. Don't bother with HX bearings unless you need them, we also shoot for factory tolerances.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #9
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

What i meant is that it was balanced by itself. Balance was then checked with flywheel attached. Never saw the procedure with my own eyes though.
So that's called individually balanced then i suppose?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
What i meant is that it was balanced by itself, i think with the flywheel or some weight attached where the flywheel is supposed to be. Never saw it being balanced with my own eyes though.
So that's called individually balanced then i suppose?
Well there's essentially two types of engine balancing, external and internal.
V shaped engines, especially old school V8s will be externally balanced meaning that the flywheel and balancer have counter weights on them to correct the imbalance in the crank and rotating assembly.

On sport compact and inline engines you have internal balancing, meaning that since the action of two pistons simultaneously rising cancels out harmonics found in V orientated engines. This way you just have to balance the crank and the rotating assembly by themselves. All sport compact and inline flywheels, clutches, and dampers are "zero balance" meaning that you can change them without ruining the balance of your engine.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I ordered a set of IK24's. I should've ordered some IK22's to keep the heat range the same. We'll see how the car responds with it.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:17 PM   #12
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
+1 for ACL bearings. Bluemoon did my assembly and thats what they recommended (of course, WPC treated, for overkills sake)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:16 AM   #13
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Cams and Turbo setup!!!! + supporting mods

What are you go pushing with the twin scroll GTX3076 turbo? I want at least around 550ish HP. This is the only turbo i have laying around besides a greddy 18g. I want to see who's doing well with the twin scroll GTX3076 and what numbers are you guys putting up so i can determine on cam setup.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Cams and Turbo setup!!!! + supporting mods

What are you go pushing with the twin scroll GTX3076 turbo? I want at least around 550ish HP. This is the only turbo i have laying around besides a greddy 18g. I want to see who's doing well with the twin scroll GTX3076 and what numbers are you guys putting up so i can determine on cam setup.
P11 cams are good for 600 HP. I would not spend the time on cam choice unless going for 6-700 WHP (not Crank HP)
Old 04-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #15
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Soooooo..............Anyone using Kelford 184C cams??
Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #16
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

honestly I want 600hp.

P11 VS. P12 cams. which one would be more sufficient in less lag and quicker spool.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #17
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

P12 are supposedly better.

However, if you want 600 HP either P11 or P12 will work or go spend $1000 on a set of Kelfords (which are out of stock until Nov direct from Kelford, although Mazworx should be getting new shipment shortly)
Old 04-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #18
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post

However, if you want 600 HP either P11 or P12 will work or go spend $1000 on a set of Kelfords (which are out of stock until Nov direct from Kelford, although Mazworx should be getting new shipment shortly)
Mazworx already has them, I got my 184-St's on Tuesday. Call Hanz, super cool dude to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #19
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
P11 cams are good for 600 HP. I would not spend the time on cam choice unless going for 6-700 WHP (not Crank HP)
The problem with P11 cams is they fall off hard up top.

Quote:

P12's are an upgrade over the P11's but the N1's are the bees knees in terms of factory cam options. There is no sense in spending $8-900 dollars for $400 cams with Kelfords(184-B) name on them.

I'm not saying there aren't better options, but for most people in the 4-700hp world, 1k$ cams aren't needed.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:52 AM   #20
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Why is there no love for 16ve cams? My head came with them so I'll be using them on my build....
Old 04-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #21
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

EDIT: I will dig some of the info up on the ramps and such on the 16VE cams

In the meantime, this is a VERY good read! Lots of head and cam info (including info on ramp angles for the VE and why you can use the 16VE cam and not float stock SR20VE valve springs past 8000 RPM)

SR20VE-101-The-good-info

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 04-07-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Old 04-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #22
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
EDIT: I will dig some of the info up on the ramps and such on the 16VE cams

In the meantime, this is a VERY good read! Lots of head and cam info (including info on ramp angles for the VE and why you can use the 16VE cam and not float stock SR20VE valve springs past 8000 RPM)

SR20VE-101-The-good-info
Awesome, thanks for the info! gonna read this on break.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #23
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

One thing to take a note of: What works great for a NA VE, does necessarily translate to a mild turbo VE (example: relatively long duration cams).
Old 04-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #24
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Kelford has several different cam options through Mazworx. It seems they were using the 20V low lobes and the N1 high lobes and 20V overlap (or something like that).

I wouldnt spend 1000 on those, but if I were to spend that kind of dough on cams, those are the specs I would shoot for if I want 600+ WHP.

The N1s are great on high boost.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #25
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
The N1s are great on high boost.
Isn't that the only type of boost? ;p
Old 04-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #26
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Isn't that the only type of boost? ;p
When people ask how much boost I am running. The response

ALL OF IT!

Old 04-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #27
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey guys just to chime into the conversation, we are now dealing Kelfords directly as the US distributor that they were working with no longer plans to stock them. This means that we now can get cams usually in about 2 weeks if we don't have them on the shelf. We try to keep quite a few in stock though so if you're interested shoot us an email or give me a call!
Old 04-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #28
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hey guys just to chime into the conversation, we are now dealing Kelfords directly as the US distributor that they were working with no longer plans to stock them. This means that we now can get cams usually in about 2 weeks if we don't have them on the shelf. We try to keep quite a few in stock though so if you're interested shoot us an email or give me a call!
what's your name so i can call

Old 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #29
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
what's your name so i can call
Hey man,

My name is Hanz (kinda like from Frozen & Star Wars (Yes I know that technically Han, but this helps people haha.) .) We actually just closed but shoot me an email [email protected] and I'll answer your questions 24/7 for the most part.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #30
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hanz is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote