Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
kroos268

Trader Rating: (0)
kroos268 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kroos268
s15 S15 Conversion... In your profession Opinion..

All,

In your professional opinion...

Who are your suggested -*IhaveDoneThisBeforeAndItWasGood*- vendors for S14->S15 frontend conversion and SR20DET? I want something that is going to fit, the first time, and an expereinced SR20 vendor who will include everything I will need

...I installed a trailer hitch from an F-150 into my face last week... needless to say it did not fit and new front end body work is needed...

[I'm driving a 96 240sx]

Thanks!!

steve
kroos268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Steve, look at the top of the screen. See the skinny dark blue bar? See the 7th button over? It says SEARCH. Start there.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Steve, look at the top of the screen. See the skinny dark blue bar? See the 7th button over? It says SEARCH. Start there.
voted nicest way to tell somebody to search. haha

+1 for u.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
chris4130
Leaky Injector

chris4130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroos268
All,

In your professional opinion...

Who are your suggested -*IhaveDoneThisBeforeAndItWasGood*- vendors for S14->S15 frontend conversion and SR20DET? I want something that is going to fit, the first time, and an expereinced SR20 vendor who will include everything I will need

...I installed a trailer hitch from an F-150 into my face last week... needless to say it did not fit and new front end body work is needed...

[I'm driving a 96 240sx]

Thanks!!

steve
Hate to break it to you... any non-oem conversion will require body work period.
chris4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
when you choke and die on your own tongue because you forgot how to stay alive remember this moment.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
katbak
Leaky Injector

katbak is an unknown quantity at this point
thats fucked up...
katbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:27 PM   #7
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
but...life dosent have a search button?

from what i understand do NOT get inner circle...they blow

i heard version select stuff fits well...i donno if they make conversion fenders

in my opinion, if you want a conversion, do the Kouki and then do an HID retrofit...

1. it will be metal and fit better
2. it flows better cuz that's what the front end is made for
3. kouki's w/ HID's are the sex

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212

from what i understand do NOT get inner circle...they blow

i heard version select stuff fits well...i donno if they make conversion fenders

in my opinion, if you want a conversion, do the Kouki and then do an HID retrofit...

1. it will be metal and fit better
2. it flows better cuz that's what the front end is made for
3. kouki's w/ HID's are the sex
no IC fenders fit decent. V:S does not make conversion fenders, Origin Lab makes conversion fenders for s13>5

what i never understood is people bash on the conversion fenders becuz they are fiberglass. what doe sit matter when people buy fiberglass fenders that are 20mm wider, yet i never hear anything about that.

aaron had 20mm aboard fenders, nobody said anything about "whoa." IC fenders are fiberglass as well and 20mm wider too.

i guess you havent seen s15s with HIDs yet.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
Masa fenders>IC fenders(Masa knockoffs)
Old 04-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #10
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
no IC fenders fit decent. V:S does not make conversion fenders, Origin Lab makes conversion fenders for s13>5

what i never understood is people bash on the conversion fenders becuz they are fiberglass. what doe sit matter when people buy fiberglass fenders that are 20mm wider, yet i never hear anything about that.

aaron had 20mm aboard fenders, nobody said anything about "whoa." IC fenders are fiberglass as well and 20mm wider too.

i guess you havent seen s15s with HIDs yet.

I think Ian (MainEvent212) was talking about fitment, not the material the fenders are made out of.

S15 with HIDs are hawt too.
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #11
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

the statement about material have nothing to do wiht MainEvent212's post. i should of made that clear, its just a observation ive made for a while
Old 04-24-2005, 09:13 PM   #12
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
if you do go s15, I'm in NC, and I want your headlights.

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #13
chris4130
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siizzzoooo
Masa fenders>IC fenders(Masa knockoffs)
Do you own Masa fenders? Because I had MASA fenders on my car. They weren't the greatest fitting, and had to be trimmed a lot to make fit. Do get me wrong they are far superior to VIS but, Masa does not fit like OEM, nor will any other aftermarket Fiberglass conversion fender.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
Mine fit pretty well, but 109847325984 times better than any GTP fender ever did
Old 04-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #15
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Masa and to a lesser extent IC, are what I'd recommend.

on the fiberglass thing, I think most people that complain is cuz they have hte crappy VIS/GTP ones, the FG is so thin on those it's amazing, hope u don't even lean on your car

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
really? (i don't have the conversion nor will i have one done anytime soon)

but i thought the IC fenders were pretty good in terms of fitment?

also, where do you guys get masa stuff? i don't think i've seen vendors selling them as much
i've seen cwest, IC, ings, bomex, veilside, doluck, vertex...
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:54 PM   #17
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you're in so cal and dont know where to get masa stuff? this just shows how hard it is to get masa conversion fenders and that they dont come around everyday.. thats because thse fenders cost 500+ and most shops choose not to carry them because 240 ppl are cheap and they can be better off using that space to carry items that move.

anyways. i guess ill say it lik everyone else has.. "any good importer can get it for you. try jspec or raretrick. if they can get xxx brand and xxx brand for sure they can get masa. jus give them an email!"

so does anyone know if someone imports masa fenders on a regular basis or can really get it? havent heard stories of jspec or raretrick being able to get them. where did all you guys get your masa?
only ppl i heard on the forum who has real masa is 'sizooooooo', xavier (white s14.5 with zenki sides and greddy lip from sac area), and enjuku racing. care to share where you guys got your masa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #18
Wei240
Nissanaholic!

Wei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really niceWei240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot
you're in so cal and dont know where to get masa stuff? this just shows how hard it is to get masa conversion fenders and that they dont come around everyday.. thats because thse fenders cost 500+ and most shops choose not to carry them because 240 ppl are cheap and they can be better off using that space to carry items that move.
yeah, i've heard the name 'masa' gets thrown around here and there, but haven't actually seen where it's being sold...
well, it's not like i would be getting a conversion, it's for a friend

most fenders costs alot, i believe most are 500+?
Wei240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #19
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

blu808 i believe has Masa as well
Old 04-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I know Xavier got his from Sam at Jspec. $550 i believe and took bout 2-3 months cuz it was on a damn boat. I saw how that thing fitted, compared to the GTP he had before *teh suckette* the masa one pretty much bolted up. Almost looking stock cuz there were absolutely no wierd gappage anywhere *specially around the headlights* For some reason GTP seems to make fenders or sideskirts that seem to be just an inch shorter than they should be.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #21
Y3llowS14
Zilvia Member

Y3llowS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
blu808 i believe has Masa as well
No...I think Blu808 has one of the earlier batch of VIS fenders. Anyways, if you are going to buy expensive fenders, dont buy SWATT conversion fenders ($550). They are expensive and dont fit all that well for their price.
Y3llowS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #22
statik
Zilvia FREAK!

statik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond reputestatik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to statik Send a message via MSN to statik
i read the s13->s15 conversion (by yoshi I believe) using the IC fenders, he had the same problems I had with my cheap ebay fenders(using spacers to get hood height and such), maybe the IC fenders are sturdier, but ALL fenders will require some sort of body work.

$200 ebay shit:
they fit alot better than i thought

Dark, but it all lined up with the trusty dremel
Old 04-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #23
chris4130
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei240
yeah, i've heard the name 'masa' gets thrown around here and there, but haven't actually seen where it's being sold...
well, it's not like i would be getting a conversion, it's for a friend

most fenders costs alot, i believe most are 500+?
I got mine from a friend of mine in Japan. Price was about $400 shipped. Masa, is good stuff don't get me wrong, but they will not fit like stock so don't expect them to. Trimming is necessary.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:43 PM   #24
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3llowS14
No...I think Blu808 has one of the earlier batch of VIS fenders. Anyways, if you are going to buy expensive fenders, dont buy SWATT conversion fenders ($550). They are expensive and dont fit all that well for their price.
oh i dunno, when i was in the progress of paint, and met up with him at a meeting he told me he had Masa on his car.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #25
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
while this does seem to be an incredibly attractive mod (and anyone saying otherwise a homo) it really seems like it shouldn't cost this much. i really think this kid is better off just buyin a headlight and hood or whatever he broke instead of trying to fit what will ultimately be a nightmare for his fragile mind.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 PM   #26
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
180sx front owns S15 front IMHO
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:39 AM   #27
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
Well i have real MASA that i got from Sam at Jspec.com they cost me about 700 shipped and took about 10 months to get because of some shiet but i didnt care cause i was in boot camp. Anyways i've wasted a lot of money on a lot of combinations and MASA are the BEST fenders for the conversion IMO. here are some pix................

here is GTP fibercrap...

here is halfoem metal(back) half GTP(front) BAD COMBO!!......

And the best MASA (mind the car looks like shit rite now i had an accident)..

THEY ARE PRETTY WIDE...

SORRY FOR ALL THE PIX HOPE THIS CLEARS SOME SHIET UP, IF YOU NEED MORE PIX JUST ASK
Old 04-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #28
TOMY
BANNED

TOMY is a well-known jackass
those don't look to great from the side. Nasty gap there.
TOMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #29
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMY
those don't look to great from the side. Nasty gap there.
which are u referring to? there's a bunch of brands pictured...

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #30
TOMY
BANNED

TOMY is a well-known jackass
well, all of them. Even the MASA seems to have a little gap.
TOMY is offline   Reply With Quote