Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her selfjOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Car is in the body shop. Advise.

Its my first time having a car painted. Did my homework and this guy does some great work.

My car is a s14 kouki, getting the origin stylish kit put on. OEM 17x9, 17x10 (fn's ), spoilerless, badgeless, antenaless.

Right now i am planning on painting it Rosso Corsa (ferrari red) PPG fer322. But in the book it didnt stand out as much as i hoped. What other reds should i go for.

I'm using this car as an advertisement car for my company, paintballtickets.com, i want it to draw attention. The paint im buying is 34.22 a quart, so if i can find something comparable, i might go that route.

Also, when it comes to clear coats (im getting 6 coats of clear) is there anything special i can do to that stage, i want it super shiny. I dont really know the terminology, so if you guys could help me with ideas to set the car off nice it would be appreciated.

Willie
jOeHaCk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
if you want it to stand out, dont get the FNs

other then that, get some crazy custom color. why go with a stock color? tweak it somehow, pearl, sparkle, etc etc
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
if you want it to stand out, dont get the FNs

other then that, get some crazy custom color. why go with a stock color? tweak it somehow, pearl, sparkle, etc etc
lol . no. even tho fns are outplayed they will attract ALOT of attention from non-cargeek croud. oh, ricers will stare at it. and u would look too most likely. so would i

fn is one sexy motherfucka. and inexpensive
Old 04-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
yeah pearl will always change a color...... PERIOD and will always make a car look 10x better... dude a stock red that i have to say is the best color i know.... has got to be the s2k nsx red............ that red is dark, bright, definetly will stand out....kinda reminds me of a girls lipstick red.... might want to do a drop down test panel to see how many coats of pearl u want tho.... have fun good luck..
Old 04-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
how about candy apple red with lots of pearl?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
PIX! still debating whether to aero mine, or go gaydm oem
Old 04-25-2005, 05:23 PM   #7
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
not oem aero, oem SUCKSSS
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #8
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

jOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her selfjOeHaCk98 is making a name for him/her self
fn's were dirty cheap from hook. and i like them. ill just dump some pearl on it. Would red pearl look good on red, or can one tell?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #9
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
i painted my car purple/blue. it stands out.

trust me, if you have a body kit ur car will stand out. cops will love u as well.
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #10
The Jabberwocky

The Jabberwocky is a well-known jackass
Audi TT Amulet red is pretty hot IMO
The Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #11
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

Eh, ill be moving to irvine soon, cops will be more harsh.. oh well. It will be legit, they could walk the hounds.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:16 PM   #12
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
See, im sick of my car being red. Im planning on going for a lil bit more discreet color. Not exactly sure what color but in the general direction of something dark gray, with flakes or pearl. Something that wont be screaming for attention 3 miles away on the freeway.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:13 AM   #13
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
red on red is cool red and gold is cool.......... i did a red and blue for smog-tech.. it looked kinda pink on the side with some purple... all in depends just do a test panel... side cast is what u see when pearl is added.... kandy colors yeah right plan on payin mucho dinero on materials....takes like 2133214241 coats man screw that... house of kolors have nice kandies tho.. and theyre pearl is great... ppg is okay but id rather have dupont.... wouldnt use much of anything else cause i havent tried it... i love the new dupont primer like 3 parts to 1 it flows nice lays flat and u can bury a nut.. and it wont crack from excessive layers.... i think they stoled it from standox tho oh well they own it now...
Old 04-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #14
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jOeHaCk98
Eh, ill be moving to irvine soon, cops will be more harsh.. oh well. It will be legit, they could walk the hounds.

BAH wrong
i have lived in irvine for 4 years
been pulled over 1 time
1 time
and i drive all over
and the one time i got pulled over, warning for exahust and too low
thats it

irvine cops are only bad because people jam on the gas all over and act stupid
drive normal and you'll never get hassled
ill get cops behind me w/ my loud exhaust and 2 way LSD clunking and they never look twice.

irvine isnt that bad, just fyi dood.
i had a full kit on my 240sx fastback and big exhaust
my s14 is just really low and loud. got pulled over 1 night at 12 am, i was only car on street. cop was super nice and said have a good night after the fyi he gave me, no worries.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #15
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
BAH wrong
i have lived in irvine for 4 years
been pulled over 1 time
1 time
and i drive all over
and the one time i got pulled over, warning for exahust and too low
thats it.
yeah, i live in irvine too, never been pulled over ever, cops tailing no problem

then again my car isn't as loud or as flashy as pink dousan's (at least his hatch)

just don't drive like an idiot and blend in with traffic.

to stay on topic, red isn't that bad of a color (mine is stock red) but if you're spending the money and want attention, go with something outside of the normal stock color scheme of 240s. metallic purple with rainbow flake, champagne with gold flake, yada yada.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #16
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

well ive pretty much decided on 2001 Ferrari Red (rosso corsa) but what can i do to the clear or pearl that will just make it pimp. Im thinking like a subtle orange pearl. Pearl is added in clear, right?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #17
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
just still there with the paint guy while mixing, say add this or that till u like it. throw in metallic. or even glitter which is not my taste but it will bring it out
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #18
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

hmmm, metalic with dark red clear?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #19
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

trsilvias13 u my buddy have not worked in a bodyshop........... u know what? guess what test panels are for? for so and so to imply how many coats of pearls so and so wants.... =) and what pearl so and so would like... test panels man no body likes a vulture behind their back just gawking while they work..

u wanna make the clear super duper pristine.............. make sure the body is straight and when the paint is dry like the day after its painted...... sand it with 1500 then 2000 wetsand..... and polish it.. but thats a whole new process...if u wait a few days after its painted.. the clear will be definetly hard.. and good luck polishing hard rock clear..

pearl can be added with clear... but its just better for it to be added in "binder" ... atleast with binder u can add as many coats u want...but with the clear, youll definetly run the factor of having the clear run... good luck...
Old 04-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #20
jOeHaCk98
Zilvia Addict

you lost me, adding color to the clear makes that transucent effect with depth, right?