Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Lock yourself

got meself a Works Bell product

blacked out because it might be my serial key number

mods can...

this thread anytime

Last edited by SilviaDriver; 06-07-2005 at 03:13 AM..
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #2
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
WTF is that for?
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Macadoshus
Zilvia Member

Macadoshus is making a name for him/her selfMacadoshus is making a name for him/her self
Quick release lock...Woodbell Rapfix is the hot setup but $$$.

Where'd you get it from?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
what is that/???
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i was like wtf is that? hood lock? is it to lock the quick release so you can't move the steering? or locking the quick release steering wheel in place so it doesnt come off when you're driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
It locks onto the the quick release instead of the wheel attachment. Theres a key so people with the same QR can't just put it on and drive away....I WANT ONE!!!!! T_T
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if I had $$$ I'd buy all the Worksbell stuff. Their new quick-release is the BEST.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
twong85 got it right.

being that QRs are so damn popular right now, its not really a anti theft thing no more because anybody witht he same QR can break into your car put on his QR+wheel and drive off with the car. pretty pointless to have a QR then.

with this, you take the wheel off, and place this over the QR that is attached to your steering column and lock it with a key. all keys are not made the same, so the guy witht he same QR lock will most likely not have the same key as you.

i mean there is the techniq [however you spell it] one, but i think that one looks stupid

i mean c'mon guys, i put the site in the first pic so you guys cna visit it and look for urself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
if I had $$$ I'd buy all the Worksbell stuff. Their new quick-release is the BEST.
indeed, rapfix II is the shizz

Last edited by SilviaDriver; 06-06-2005 at 09:18 PM..
Old 06-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #9
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
silviadriver, I've been looking to buy a similar product as of late.

Where did you get it, and how much did it run you?

Looks super trick, I want it.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #10
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
are you using it on an L2 hub?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #11
twong85
Zilvia Member

twong85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twong85
This piece is pretty expensive iirc

I remember a long while back the people who made the L2 copy were looking into adding something similar, I don't think it ever materialized though.
twong85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:12 AM   #12
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

gonna use it on either L2 or NRG
Old 06-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #13
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaDriver
indeed, rapfix II is the shizz
I got to play with one at TAS05 and fell INSTANTLY in love.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #14
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
isnt that gonna be a pain in the ass? i mean taking off the SW is already pretty extreme (to me)
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #15
Alan_no.1
Zilvia Member

Alan_no.1 is a well-known jackass
Ebay

This??
Alan_no.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:59 AM   #16
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_no.1
Ebay

This??
umm...no. i dont buy cheap parts for my car. ive seen those ebay QRs etc etc and they are all POS. the reason why there are so many holes on the bottom end is because you can place it anyway you like, which means it might not lock on certain parts. with mine, you can only put it one way, which is why it says TOP. if you put TOP facing right, you cannot lock the thing.

if the keys are all the same, whats the point of getting this? might as well not get it and save money and just have the QR itself

pain in the ass? no, i rather take an extra 15 seconds of my time than have somebody drive off with my car that i invested over 6K in.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:57 AM   #17
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hmmm, false sense of security? What if some shops stock extra keys. And now they have your info and what your serial key number is... hmmm just a heads up. Too many thieves out there these days and I hardly trust shops either.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 AM   #18
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift into a curb
And now they have your info and what your serial key number is... hmmm just a heads up.
How? He blacked the serials out.
The only thing he DIDN'T do is black out the keys themselves.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:18 AM   #19
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
The only thing he DIDN'T do is black out the keys themselves.
what keys?

Quote:
Hmmm, false sense of security? What if some shops stock extra keys. And now they have your info and what your serial key number is... hmmm just a heads up. Too many thieves out there these days and I hardly trust shops either.
shops do not stock extra keys. this is not something you can buy seperate like stocking a hub and bearing. when you buy the unit, the unit itself is made specific for the keys, so when when bought, the company bags them TOGETHER. and if you know worksbell, there is no worksbell USA.

so with that said, how can you stock extra keys? in order to do so, you'll have to open every box find out all the key combos and order them from Japan. but how can a company do that when they buy the item with the item sealed with a sticker? so would the company risk opening serveral if not tons of boxes to find the keys and risk having an OPEN BOX SALE?

i called approx 3-4 shops that hold this item, and asked them about the keys.

"what if you happen to lose both sets of keys?"
"ooh man, thats something u dont want to do. i dont know what to tell you, your going to have to give them some numbers for them to remake your key."

and lets say they DO stock extra keys. how does a company know what serial eky i have? my box was sealed, and im sure it was sealed from Japan. the only way a distributer knows what to send out to each customer is because there is a check by the color. so of course if somebody wants silver, they send out the silver checked box, but the box isnt open. i dont see a way somebody can have your "info" w/o opening the box. the only thing they know is your address and what color you picked.

i will add futher security by covering the lock. that way the theives will not know WHAT kind of anti theft is under that cloth.

false sense of security? if so, its still a 100x better than a normal QR poeple run and leave open to the public to see.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 AM   #20
Giant Robot
Leaky Injector

Giant Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
as with anything, a thief will one day learn how to break off those locks...hell he could just TOW your car away without having to touch the steering wheel...
but i guess it could make it more discomforting for a thief to even consider trying to pry that lock off...

also, Quick Releases shouldnt be looked as a one use function as its supposed to serve its function to getting you out of your aftermarket seat "easier"

best security is still a garage, but if you dont have one then opt for landmines
Giant Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 AM   #21
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I didn't know if it was a serial number on the outside of your box, that's why I was speculating. Either way, it's not very hard to re-package a box. My friend has a plastic sealer that he uses for projects and it could very well seal a box to look like new. Seems like a decent theft deterrent, but I was just posing a situation because I've heard of some very shady acts like that.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #22
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Good stuff... where do they sell these locks?
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #23
Drunk Bastard
Zilvia FREAK!

Drunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really niceDrunk Bastard is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Drunk Bastard
damn, this is a pretty good invention. great for anti-theft. the key issue might be a problem later down the road...but let's hope not. never-the-less, good buy!
Drunk Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #24
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so I'm confused.
Obviously the one you got is intended for specific styles of QR?
Are there different models for different QRs?
or does it have to be a worksbell product?

Just wonderin if it would work on my FET QR, looks like it'll make a wonderful QR dust cover for when my car is in storage

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #25
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
I didn't know if it was a serial number on the outside of your box, that's why I was speculating. Either way, it's not very hard to re-package a box. My friend has a plastic sealer that he uses for projects and it could very well seal a box to look like new. Seems like a decent theft deterrent, but I was just posing a situation because I've heard of some very shady acts like that.
yea i know what you mean, i hear about shady stuff all the time, which is why most of the work done on my car is at home. i only took my car to the shop once and it was for some body work suggested by a good friend.

the box is sealed at the opening with a sticker. you cant open it unless you rip the sticker up. i dont see any way of opening the box w/o ripping the sticker up.

there are two serial codes that you need to give to worksbell in order for them to get you a master key. if somebody has one serial, they will need another to get the key.

Yoshi: this is made for ball locking QRs only. worksbell is the only company i know tha tmakes this type of QR lock. it works on NRG and L2 QRs, because they are knockoffs of the worksbell QR. i tried it on a NRG ebay knockoff and it does not work because the dimple for the ball groove was too small.

no it wont work on ur FET
Old 06-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #26
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
ya this lock set up is the best. I have had mine for a year now and it is so sweet. I got the red one just so it stands out.
derux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:43 PM   #27
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

what QR did you mount yours on?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #28
derux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
derux is making a name for him/her selfderux is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I have a the worksbell rapfix. The original one that the other companeys copied. I want to get the new one but the price is to high.
derux is offline   Reply With Quote