Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
245/45/17 on a 10.5 rim

I got a set of Mustang Cobra replica wheels for dirt cheap. Like Rotas for RWD cars. I am thinking of putting 225/45/17 on the 9s in front and 245/45/17 on the 10.5s out back. I am looking at the Hankook Ventus RS-2 tire because they are cheap and are said to be comparable to other autox tires.
Too stretched? I see people going down to 225s on 10 inch rims, mostly I am just wondering if its is safe? My car sees lots of HPDEs and drift so I need to know that 245/45/17 is not too much for that situation. Anything I should know about a tire shop doing this for me?
Thanks
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
its fine. take it to a ghetto tire shop that puts 24s on busted 80s caddilacs and stuff, if you take it to a nice place like bmw dealer or somthing they will give you a bunch of shit.
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
ive seen 235/40 on a 10.5
yu can fit it
i think a 255 would be a nicer 'stretch'
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Ha right, I live in the land of huge chrome wheels and spinners. There a used tire shop right up the street from me where I get cheap used tires, I am sure they will do it. I am just a little worried about a half-assed job screwing it all up. I honestly don't know much about how tires are mounted, just what I have seen at the tire shops. Are there different methods that tire shops use? One being better than another?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
hey Speedmonkey, post some pix when you get those! I was looking at those wheels as well...what color did you get? Silver or gunmetal?
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

What would be "nicer" just not so extreme? The other size combo I am considering is 235/40/17 F and 255/40/17 R in that case I would most likely go with Falken ST-115s. Less grip, but I do like those tires.
Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
nice like probably more grippy if you are going for the stretched
too stretched has no grip which is no fun
grip=good
espeically i ndrifting
nicer also easier to get stretched as well.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:06 PM   #8
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

I got gunmetal. I am thinking about rattle-canning them black so I don't have to look at them as much. They are pretty ugly wheels, maybe if they are black the contours of the wheel will not be so visible! We'll see when they get here hahaha
Old 06-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #9
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Hum thanks Dousan. Khumho MX or Falken RT-615s are options because they come in better sizes than the Hankook but I am not so sure I want to drop $600 on a set of tires. I still have two weeks before the wheels get here so I am in no hurry. The MXs come in 235/45/17 and 255/40/17, so maybe I will lean that direction and just shell out for some quality tires.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #10
Dee240sx
Leaky Injector

Dee240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you get the Bullitt wheels or other cobra wheels?

When you get a chance, post some pics.
Dee240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
They are Cobras. The Bullits only come in 17x9 (sometimes +24, sometimes +26 depending which replica company). They also come in 17x8, but in even shittier offsets.

The Cobras are 17x9 +24, 17x10.5 +27.
Hopefully those offsets clear all coilovers, i'm pretty sure the front will. Rear of S14 I hear fits virtually anything, especially with a roll.

Speedmonkey, 235/255 might be too much if its a stock KA, but it would look BADASS.

Forget the ST-115's, get either MX or RT-615...i raelly wanna know how the new Azenis do considering how awesome the RT-215s were...

And are the RT-615's even out in 235/255? I thought some sizes were delayed?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #12
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Rt-615 is out in 255/40/17 and Vulcan Tire's website lists the 235/40/17 as being available the 3rd quarter of 05. I am not sure exactly when that is, but most likely in the next two months.
Kumho MX has a few more sizes to choose from.
http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/Ptn...=1&PtnID=KU-15
I am wondering if 235/45/17 is going to be just a bit to tall to fit under the car with out raising the ride hight on my car ( don't want that )
Yokohama AVS sport does come in 235/40/17 and 255/40/17. I have no experience with Yokohama, but I know they are quality.
Anyone have any idea how the MX would stack up against the AVS? All these tires are pretty close in price so that does not really matter at this point. Performance and ideal size are the biggest factors in my decision now. I don't think these sizes will be too much for the KA, these wheels are not for drift.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:05 PM   #13
OptionZero
Post Whore!

from what i'm told AVS and MX are the same "class", but in AutoX its' either Azenis or MX- if you're not running those, you're either not even trying, or you're running something significantly more expensive (S-03, KD's.)