Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stepGoesPowPow View Post
This is true.. but at the same time the same bride rep seat i got vs the real one i cant really imagine much difference, there both fiberglass. & BTW @ur sig if u get a gtr v spec id be super jealous, after i finish this i really wanna chase after an R33
I've seen a lot of replica seats do some silly things even in minor collisions. mounting points from hardware snap, its not so much the shell of the seat itself. Idk given the fact that we all drive 25 year old nissans without air bags, one thing I dont chince out on is safety.

And thanks man, I know your exact position very well. Im a 1992 kid and bought a 1990 honda accord sedan in 2009 when I was 16. I now daily drive a clean and bone stock 2001 Civic sedan (auto), but I've been lucky enough to stumble across a few cheap Skylines over the years as projects. Went back to university this year after doing 2 years of community college so I sold off my GTR. I will be importing a v-spec this fall, I can't wait.

Its super cool to see guys our age tackling big projects like this...every 20 year old in Ontario is usually in a slammed civic or vw, very little nissan/toyota love up here.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
2stepGoesPowPow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
2stepGoesPowPow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
I've seen a lot of replica seats do some silly things even in minor collisions. mounting points from hardware snap, its not so much the shell of the seat itself. Idk given the fact that we all drive 25 year old nissans without air bags, one thing I dont chince out on is safety.

And thanks man, I know your exact position very well. Im a 1992 kid and bought a 1990 honda accord sedan in 2009 when I was 16. I now daily drive a clean and bone stock 2001 Civic sedan (auto), but I've been lucky enough to stumble across a few cheap Skylines over the years as projects. Went back to university this year after doing 2 years of community college so I sold off my GTR. I will be importing a v-spec this fall, I can't wait.

Its super cool to see guys our age tackling big projects like this...every 20 year old in Ontario is usually in a slammed civic or vw, very little nissan/toyota love up here.

yeah im gunna put in a harness bar with the reps this time too, i might get real seats in the future but for now the reps will have to do. Thats sick though, skylines are really rare here in the U.S, R33 GTR V-spec is my dream skyline. It is cool though being our age, its kinda like competing with the older crowd, gives me more inspiration lol.
2stepGoesPowPow is offline   Reply With Quote