Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #31
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by warauto View Post
I made an ASSumption
Yes, yes you did.

Zilvia.net is not a California based forum.

It is an international forum, based out of the United States. However, even our servers are not located in California.

Be careful with ASSumptions.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #32
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
warauto is on the path to ruinwarauto is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
knock on wood, no exhaust tickets since ive owned my car in fl
hell, just drive slow and clutch in when u see cops, not hard.

Again it depends on where you live, Miami is decent when it comes to exhaust. Broward and Palm Beach isn't.

I useto fear driving my car, especially how things are getting down with the economy and South Fl increased the ticket prices. That is due mostly due to their declining funds, I couldn't handle another ticket.

One day i had no choice and i had to drive my car to Georgia. While driving I saw (2) FHP on the road within (9) miles. I decided why don't i count how many officers i see from here, which is South Florida to the border of Georgia. I begun counting, before i could realize their were 21 officers, they seemed to dwindle as I neared the state limit. When i reached Georgia I drove about the same distance, give or take a few miles that i did in South Fl.

The results were as follows,

(0) Highway Patrol
(0) Sherrifs
(0) Not even local Police officers
(20) Numerous signs saying Electronic devices checking speed
(1) Dummy sherrifs car - I actually stopped to check it out ( asking for directions)
warauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #33
warauto
Zilvia Addict

I will remember to not make ASSsumption boss, please don't chain me to the cotton tree and whup me Sur, I beg yu sur....

By the way i am only kidding.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:19 AM   #34
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Watch your choice in terms, and watch your tone.

Nice edit, after the fact.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #35
warauto
Zilvia Addict

Anyway.

The fact is that most of the counties in South FL are bleeding for cash and will do anything just to make enough money to support their vast (keeping the peace), labor force. Just recently Miami had talks about laying off over 100 officers, due to saturation of the field and the incapabilities of paying them.

So what do they do, increase fines for traffic offenses to compensate for their losses, i would much rather have less police officers and more that do their job correctly.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #36
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've been running open dp for a few months. As I have before on other cars. Never been stopped for exhaust.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #37
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
When I first got my RB26, I was running open down pipes for about a month. Never had an issue with cops, and yeah, it was insanely loud. Even now, I have a 3.5" straight through exhaust and I've never been messed with. In fact, I've never been pulled over in that car. Friends of mine have heard me from about 2 miles away banging through the gears.

However, my S14 has a molded widebody, dark gray primer, black wheels, and no tint. I think cops assume its a much older car and not some "kid with a loud exhaust"
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #38
Fidel Cashflo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
Fidel Cashflo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fidel Cashflo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
murda did you ever think they are just picking on him? i've been pulled over before for exhaust and my car has a full cat back with a resignator and muffler.
I have a buddy club specII... I live in Tampa, FL... I get pulled over 2 or 3 times a month for my damn exhaust and they always ask whats hanging on my tow hook and chuckle then tell me to go on about my business. I have yet to get an actual ticket, but nonetheless its a waste of my time to sit on the side of the road like an asshole because my exhaust is a tad on the loud side.

I got pulled over last month going 25 in a 45 right as im turning onto this side street, and out of nowhere, officer of the year decides to pull me over. He asked for my info and id and shit and then ran my info, proceeded to tell me to get out of the vehicle, he searched my car while I was cuffed in the back of his car. He didnt ask for permission to search my car or anything. Then when I asked why the fuck he pulled me over, he said "because your lights are illegal" fucking 6000k HID's! I was cuffed in the back of a car because of fucking headlights?!?!?

I have never met any police officers or sheriffs as rude as the ones in the state of Florida!
Fidel Cashflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #39
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Iv only been pulled over twice for exhaust once in north dale and once in new tampa and iv had my 240 with aftermarket exhaust for about 6 years now. So im pretty lucky. I once had a cop pull me over cause my friend was driving my car cause I was drinking in the passenger seat and he spun out cause it was raining and well the officer pulled us over and was like nice s14 I have a sentra with a SR turbo in it at home he proceeded to ask me what kinda turbo i had and what I had done and at the end of our conversation he let us go and I had no seat belt and my other friend was sitting in the back with only a roll cage around him and no seat belt. God I wish there were more cops like him.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #40
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
It's funny since I've started doing stuff to my car I've gotten less attention from cops, I have a buddy club spec II exhaust on my car with cat delete and downpipe they don't even so much as look my direction... sorry to hear you were poorly treated.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #41
240sxenthusiast

240sxenthusiast is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been told to always carry a recorder with you, for reasons like "I'm just getting my quota" Sometimes you can use that against the cops in court, because they're always recording what you have to say. Just my .02cents.
240sxenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #42
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So is it save to say that, there is 2 states in the USA that are again so called ricers and exhausts and stuff? Fl and CA. SO anywhere else on the map is all good? Just curious. I live in Cali, ever since i put my stock exhaust on, cops have been inviting me over for dinner.