Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Hope this is the right place to ask. I recently bought a set of brand new FA500s for my coupe, and I'm having an issue with one of them. The front passenger side is clunking on rebound(?) I believe. When going over bumps in the road/potholes/etc. When the wheel comes up in travel, compressing the coil, it's a strange bump/clunking sound. Also, on the same side I'm hearing a binding noise when turning the wheel stationary. I pulled the wheel and knuckle off to inspect it and the tophat will barely rotate at all which is causing the actual insert to turn instead of the tophat. I've tried shooting some silicon lube inside the pillowball but it's still very stiff and won't turn. This is only on the front passenger coilover, none of the others. Overall very happy with the 500s, the ride incredibly well, would just like to figure out if theres a way to correct those issues.
Have you checked your bushings recently, they might be out to lunch.

I would also Contact Terry at Fortune Auto, he's a great guy and got me taken care of when I had issues with the top mounts.

Also: I have the Version 3 set of 500s loaded with swifts. They're not bad. More comfortable than my Tein SS or GroundControl/Eibach kit that came on the car. I can deal with them daily, but I feel a bit embarassed when I put other people in the car... Especially women, cuz they're soft...

Helped my friend swap 510s into his EvoX GSR, no lie, they were more forgiving than his stock sping/struts (not the Bilstein mind you), and I have a sensitive back side. Those were the Version 4s tho. Make no mistake, these guys are serious about suspension, and they back it up with good service.