Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
pre-order windows 7 starting today for half off

home premuim upgrade is like $49, ultimate is $99. compared to what their full retail is gonna be, its on microsofts windows 7 site. Better deal for you guys who are still XP and want to consider skipping vista .
Old 06-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
$100 (ultimate) and I get a brand spanking new OS? not bad at all. match that with the netbook busted posted and I'm set.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
you mean i can upgrade from 2003 server which i paid 0 dollars and .00 cents, and upgrade to an operating system that comes with a bunch of useless integrated software?

awesome... i'll highly consider upgrading, just like i considered upgrading to vista. too bad i only considered it for less than 11 seconds.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If my laptop could run it I would upgrade.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
aww man we all know your still on 2003. dont think they have a 64bit version of that OS so your really limited.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
haha what do i need a 64 bit OS for?

this reminds me of the video game bit wars, where the more bits meant the better graphics... but its all a bunch of useless bullshit.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
64 bit has its advantages, but flash still fucking chokes on it. No thanks.
And I thought ultimate wasn't for presale yet? Either way it's a good deal. Too bd I haven't had a legit copy of windows since 98SE.

Remember when ME came out and it sucked ass, then 2000 rolled out and it was awesome and everybody loved it? This is the same thing. The xp holdouts will be the 9x holdouts back then.

BOW TO YOUR NEW LORD
Old 06-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
haha what do i need a 64 bit OS for?

this reminds me of the video game bit wars, where the more bits meant the better graphics... but its all a bunch of useless bullshit.
Sooo, Playstation having 120bits over the NES's 8bits has nothing to do with it having better graphics?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
LeonTheProfessional
BANNED

LeonTheProfessional is an unknown quantity at this point
whats better about 7 than vista heard its the same just with less crap in it....
LeonTheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Sooo, Playstation having 120bits over the NES's 8bits has nothing to do with it having better graphics?
NES 8bit was way more enjoyable and memorable for everyone.

PS 120bit has a sea of faceless mundane games that no one remembers.

NES > PS.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
HyperTek - It's pointless to make such a thread on this forum -_- already know there will be haters.

Also the price is for the upgrade, not full retail. So you need an existing copy of Vista or XP to benefit from this deal.

I rather get the retail version so I can do a clean install on a formatted hard drive. The only problem is the price for the retail copy is ridiculous. *_* I'm going to stick with Vista for now since I got it for free.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
NES 8bit was way more enjoyable and memorable for everyone.

PS 120bit has a sea of faceless mundane games that no one remembers.

NES > PS.
I like NES better then PS. But he's talking about the graphics, not how fun the games are.

You can use more memory with a 64bit OS. That's the only advantage I've heard of. But I'm pretty sure that's only a perk for gaming.
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Good post HyperTek!

I posted this in the deal thread at the top.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...ml#post2882491

This really is a good deal guys and I suggest you guys jump on it. I got 4 for all my computers. If you are not running W7 beta try it, it really is awesome.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

I rather get the retail version so I can do a clean install on a formatted hard drive. The only problem is the price for the retail copy is ridiculous. *_* I'm going to stick with Vista for now since I got it for free.
You can do I clean install with this. I don't have time to find the link but google it.

Not free but how's $39.99... http://microcenter.com/storefronts/m.../preorder.html

Cause I am such a nice guy.

How to do a clean install.

http://community.winsupersite.com/bl...-upgrades.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...74(WS.10).aspx

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
NES 8bit was way more enjoyable and memorable for everyone. PS 120bit has a sea of faceless mundane games that no one remembers.
NES > PS.
Amen brotha. I'm not here to say that older shit is/was better than newer systems, because there have been some great creations over the years. But generally speaking, too many people focus on technicalities than they do on whether or not something sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Also the price is for the upgrade, not full retail. So you need an existing copy of Vista or XP to benefit from this deal. I rather get the retail version so I can do a clean install on a formatted hard drive. The only problem is the price for the retail copy is ridiculous. *_* I'm going to stick with Vista for now since I got it for free.
You dont need to install one and then upgrade to the other. Typically, you can go do a clean install and it will simply do a check to see if you have the older version. Pop in the CD, windows checks your older version and you're good to go. Its always been this way, unless it recently changed. I wouldnt know since I havent had an "upgrade" version of software in ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow40 View Post
I like NES better then PS. But he's talking about the graphics, not how fun the games are. You can use more memory with a 64bit OS. That's the only advantage I've heard of. But I'm pretty sure that's only a perk for gaming.
You can use more memory because these higher-bit OS'es typically require more memory. From the little I've fucked with Vista, the only thing I've noticed is that it takes a lot more memory to process bullshit animations and bloated coding, which older (well built) pc's can do with a fraction of the hardware using old software.

I am not saying that the newer software has no potential. I am just saying that a lot of software (office suite, adobe suite, etc) do absolutely nothing really.. REALLY unique or special that older software doesnt.

I run Adobe CS2 and Office 2003, both work fine and have been stripped down from being updated/verified/etc.

Here is a fun video for all you kids who need a history lesson, the angry video game nerd says shit best:
ScrewAttack Video Game, Angry Video Game Nerd: Atari Jaguar Part I | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
Old 06-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I wasn't talking about whether or not the games were better. Mike's comment was saying more bits doesn't equal better graphics. Which is false. It's not THE only factor but More bits DOES equal better graphics.

Any yes, I agree NES games were better then PS games.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #17
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
You dont need to install one and then upgrade to the other. Typically, you can go do a clean install and it will simply do a check to see if you have the older version. Pop in the CD, windows checks your older version and you're good to go. Its always been this way, unless it recently changed. I wouldnt know since I havent had an "upgrade" version of software in ages.
I know older versions work like that, and I guess it's safe to assume its the same case this time around. The only thing is, I can't go buy assumptions all the time. =/
Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
tgd89
Leaky Injector

tgd89 is on a distinguished road
The difference between 64bit and 32bit is the amount of memory that the system can address, which limited to 4 gigs for 32 bit. If you're not into gaming and could really care less about how your operating system looks, then xp is probably fine, however games today use a lot of memory, and 4 gigs will probably not be enough in the near future. Directx 11 is coming out with the windows seven launch, which is a pretty big improvent on dx10.

On why windows vista and seven use a large amount of memory (if a gig is really 'large'), is due to the superfetch, with an article on how it works here: Understand how SuperFetch uses RAM to enhance system performance | Microsoft Windows | TechRepublic.com
tgd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I wasn't talking about whether or not the games were better. Mike's comment was saying more bits doesn't equal better graphics. Which is false. It's not THE only factor but More bits DOES equal better graphics.

Any yes, I agree NES games were better then PS games.
I know, I just wanted to inject some videogames into this.

I'm running old legacy hardware, on XP, which by todays standard, is a dated OS.

Everything runs peachy, boots up fast, not fancy or flashy. Reliable as shit.

It cost me 200bucks to build 5 years ago. LOL.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #20
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You can use more memory because these higher-bit OS'es typically require more memory. From the little I've fucked with Vista, the only thing I've noticed is that it takes a lot more memory to process bullshit animations and bloated coding, which older (well built) pc's can do with a fraction of the hardware using old software.
What about 64bit WindowsXP?

I have four gigs in my computer right now, but I have XP32bit. I was thinking about just getting XP64bit so I can get more out of my memory without all the bullshit Vista programs.
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #21
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Do it. runs the same, lifts ram cap.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #22
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
will it run aem / fc datalogit? (vista cant)
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #23
HyperTek
Post Whore!

vista cant? i dont see why people cant run things in xp compatability.. people too lazy to right click run in compatibility works like 99% of the time lol
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
FrankDukes
BANNED

FrankDukes is an unknown quantity at this point
how much for a cracked version? =)
FrankDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

^whatever not having updates and fixes is worth to you lol

I got vista ultimate free btw from participating in one of those microsoft deals so im still up in teh air on this, but figured this would be good for those who never bought vista etc.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
hopeless.s13
Zilvia Member

hopeless.s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
cool stuff. i pretty much ignored the nes v ps more or less bits idiocy... that was kinda ignorant to be brought up. (dont take it personally, it just has nothing to do with the thread)

in any case, i have been running W7 for probably 6 months now, and its pretty sick, im not gonna lie... i havent had a single problem. not that i really ever had problems with any other OSs but im not even running an anti-virus... they added some cool stuff like pinning locations and programs to the taskbar (sort of like the apple dock, but different because you can also pin common and recent files to the pinned icons)
and some other stuff... desktop wallpapers that change whenever you want it to... desktop videos... haha. i like it. definitely a HUGE improvement over vista... to hell with xp IMO
hopeless.s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
HyperTek
Post Whore!

^theres a prgram that will remove the windows 7 beta watermark at the bottom right
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDukes View Post
how much for a cracked version? =)
now you're talking my language

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
^whatever not having updates and fixes is worth to you lol
you realize that updates (in most cases) are quite meaningless. ive ran software that hasnt been updated in ages (except for my browser and antivirus).. everything else is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless.s13 View Post
cool stuff. i pretty much ignored the nes v ps more or less bits idiocy... that was kinda ignorant to be brought up. (dont take it personally, it just has nothing to do with the thread)

in any case, i have been running W7 for probably 6 months now, and its pretty sick, im not gonna lie... i havent had a single problem. not that i really ever had problems with any other OSs but im not even running an anti-virus...

wow, you actually bought a zune and have a happy emo desktop? youre the prime example of a modern man.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #29
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
vista cant? i dont see why people cant run things in xp compatability.. people too lazy to right click run in compatibility works like 99% of the time lol
there are things that Vista cannot run. period. this is a fact. compatibility mode doesn't fix everything.
also Vista sucks fat dick, and nothing can fix that
except upgrading to 7. which is the new hotness
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #30
ryceboy_124
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
ryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
now you're talking my language

you realize that updates (in most cases) are quite meaningless. ive ran software that hasnt been updated in ages (except for my browser and antivirus).. everything else is useless.
So updates are useless? Wow...just because you have ran software or operating systems without updating doesnt mean the updates are useless. In many cases, updates or patches are applied/created for security risks/bugs that are found after the software or OS was released...but I guess thats useless. People on the internet crack me up sometimes...lol!