Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thumbs up the old race Resident Evil 5 thread that sucks

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...98&sid=6175993

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/ru...es_in_afri.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpot
The two subjects are intersecting again, as the recently released trailer for Resident Evil 5 has a number of commentators concerned about how the trailer portrays a white hero--the returning Chris Redfield--against hordes of black zombie foes in what could be an African village.
Trailer:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw[/ame]

Nobody said anything when Resident Evil 4 came out
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
So what, they plan on finding white, Asian, or Hispanic people that living in the middle of an African village? WTF! It's just a game!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
yarou
Zilvia Addict

yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Quote:
Look, I've killed many, many white American zombies, last time it was Hispanic zombies. I think it's only culturally respectful that we have black zombies as well.
And so it shall be done
Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was gonna post this, but didn't want to start a thread that was gonna get locked and people pinked.

I think it's BS. Their comments about why it's racist are more racist then anything the game is depicting. The funny thing is they are saying "the white man killing the black man"...Um helloooo dumbasses, Japanese people are designing the game! Obviously it's not the white devil's idea.

I was really looking forward to this game. This is gonna delay it for sure so they can change it to white people shooting white people. Looks like I'll be looking forward to it a lot longer.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what's next?......PETA's bitching about us killing Doberman zombies?
hahaha
Old 08-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
LoL what's this about me getting pinked????

Seriously though, racism is racism because stupid people let it get to them.

Reacting and giving attention to racism, is as bad as being racist. We had a thread on this.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ugh.. i figured this topic would surface on here sooner or later. it got pretty crazy over at gamefaqs.com.

imo, no racism is involved in the game. the zombies just happen to be the locals where the game takes place, dur.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Old 08-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
wow, I cant believe people are complaining about that shit.

it's embarrassing to me as an "American".
Old 08-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #9
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
ohh noes there is hate in the world
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
delphis
Zilvia Junkie

delphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura about
lol well the last one took place in france and all the people were white? whats the deal. if it took place in asia they would be mostly asain. this is how the world works. easy fix.... make a black character that you switch off with along the game time line.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
ITs in haiti...................where they have documentation of a man walking the streets weeks after he was buried and declared dead. Its just more bullshit to cry about and try to make money.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Don't like it don't buy it don't complain.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
ka24deturbo
Zilvia Junkie

ka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enoughka24deturbo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180 View Post
wow, I cant believe people are complaining about that shit.

it's embarrassing to me as an "American".
I'm with you!

Hey only an african americans game character can kill other african american characters, no ifs ands or buts!

Most of the african american that I know are extremely sensitive and IMO take advantage of the whole racism B.S. and to be really honest it sickens me that most can't get over it.

Just don't put african americans in any game......Oh wait someone might complain why there aren't any african americans in any games!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I still can't sleep over CJ killing white people in San Andreas, I'm soooo offended, ughhhh.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #15
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

Location: Where angels (and most pizza delivery people) fear to tread.
DRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfection
There has to be drama like this... it promotes the game. There's gonna be so much controversy over this that people are gonna go buy the game to see what the hype is. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
seeing old people give you the finger is like winning the lottery...you still can't believe it happened 4 weeks afterwards.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #16
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Uhh when I saw the preview for RE5 I didn't feel discriminated against. Some of my fellow black people really need to let the chip on their shoulder go.

It's not like Redfield was saying racially insensitive catch-lines as he mowed them down with a shotgun.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #17
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Everyone knows japanese people arent racist! what were they thinking lol...

No seriously. Being politically correct pisses me off. Its like if you dont treat everyone equally, and fairly, then they'll get upset. Its like "oh no, we dont want to offend africans by having a white hero" or "oh no, there are 4 white guys and 2 black guys in that poster, we need to even it out!" Well I have news.

THE MOTHER FUCKING WORLD DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT! STOP BEING SUCH PUSSIES! SUCK IT UP, DONT BE SUCH WHINEY LITTLE BITCHES!

But yeah, racism is bad. Seriously though, get a life if you worry about a video game about killing zombies and a virus that turns people into a zombie being racist.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #18
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphis View Post
lol well the last one took place in france and all the people were white? whats the deal. if it took place in asia they would be mostly asain. this is how the world works. easy fix.... make a black character that you switch off with along the game time line.
umm....RE4 took place in spain, my friend.....
hahaha
Old 08-04-2007, 04:16 AM   #19
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
The thing that seems odd to me, is most of the people who say the game is racist, are really being racist towards whites. They are basically saying that we love to kill blacks and we created this game to breed younger generations to have a true hate to african americans.

Its total bullshit how they say "Oh a white guy killing blacks is SO racist." When in fact the game is created by capcom in japan.

I think the best part of the article was the quote from the one guy on some other blog site:
"According to the statistics of racial make-up in the world, I'd actually say that whites have been unfairly discriminated against in the series, if anything, since so many of them have been enemies in RE, It only seems fair that Africans get treated equally, and with only one game full of primarily black enemies to six games full of primarily white, from a racial viewpoint I'd say that the Africans are getting off easy."

Some people just love bringing attention to the wrong situations...in an unnecessary manner.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #20
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Its the japanese's fault. They did it as propaganda to incite civil unrest in the Unite States of America. The second American Civil War is neigh. This game will make the LA riots after Rodney King look like Disney World...

Either that or people need to get a fucking life. Instead of posting bullshiet online, why dont they spend some time in the fucking youth center in the ghetto and do something productive. And no, slanging crack to 12 yr olds aint productive.

NAACP needs a new hobby too, i swear like they can get the word n****r out of people's vocabulary. People will use the word no matter what, and I say PEOPLE, its not just white people who use it in racist terms, its not just black people using it to put down another black person...Thats almost as bad as getting offended by the word F*ck and trying to stop the world from using the word. Whats that gonna accomplish? Why dont they spend the man hours and resources to do doing something more positive. Education is the answer...

Political Correctness can kiss my ass.....IM MOVING TO AUSTRALIA....

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #21
3-240's-N-aMule
Zilvia Member

3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough3-240's-N-aMule is a jewel in the rough
That game is racist as fuck. White man cappin blacks? In africa? Wtf? Nah jk. Some people are stupid though and need a new hobby instead of sittin back thinkin "oh white man killing blacks in a video game? Oh dear". Shit is fuckin stupid. On a side note i am half black and dont see any fuckin problem with this at all seein how 95 percent of the zombies i capped, blew up, torched and sawed up have been white. Game looks pimp as hell though.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #22
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
The game looks SICKK!

Its like, RE4, WAY more intense.

But the funny thing is, i personally feel some people take racism to an extreme.

"You can't have ANYTHING pertaining to African americans doing anything, because its racist."

I can picture it in my head, that if stupid shit like this go on, somewhere along the lines, certain races will become myths. Just like unicorns and orges.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
they should start the game as White people getting the virus, once they contract the virus, they turn black...Zing. give me a break, im sure NAACP wouldnt mind if it was a black character killing white zombies in Iowa.
ORRRRRRR Just make every character in every game green. couldnt do blue/red because the gangs would go ape shit. Purple, gay people whouldnt allow it. Orange is too close to American Indian's...Yadda Yadda yyyyibhasbfjhavb

I love racisim though, i cant lie. I myself am no racist. I just love racisit humor and how offended people get by little words. And the people who try to be correct, by saying "African-Americans". Most black people i know say they hate being called African american. Im half honkey half wop/grease ball/guido.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #24
Fast1One
Leaky Injector

Fast1One will become famous soon enoughFast1One will become famous soon enoughFast1One will become famous soon enough
Im with everyone else, this stuff gets out of hand....

1998 A32
Old 08-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #25
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
its a game some people are racist, im sure if you looked at anyone long enough you could peg em as racist.
shit they should make a game called kill te cracker, adn you would be a black super hero killing white people in hoods and pick up trucks, and i would play it. and im white.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 AM   #26
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Definately racist, cause anything involving 1 race associating with another race in a negative fashion is! durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #27
RazoE
Leaky Injector

RazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RazoE Send a message via Yahoo to RazoE
What the fuck?

where are the Mexican and Asian zombies?

we aren't good enough to kill..?

fuck you all....
Old 08-10-2007, 03:01 AM   #28
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Hey Is Everyone Forgetting That Its AVIDEO GAME!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:39 AM   #29
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
they should make a game called kill te cracker, adn you would be a black super hero killing white people in hoods and pick up trucks, and i would play it. and im white.
They did...it was called GTA San Andreas, but white people didn't have a problem with that.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #30
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Welcome to geography 101, Haiti is closer to Florida than it is to Africa.