Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
tunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tunerzimage
If you're a DJ. Check This.

Hey guys, just curious to see who all here is a DJ. Post up your setups, top 5 picks for 2007, what style of music you spin, a pic or 2, and link to your page if you have any mixes/music.

Ill start it off

Name: DJ BC
Setup: (2) Technics SL1200 MK5's, Pioneer DJM-700, Technics Headphones, Ortofon DJ Qbert Needles
Spins: Electronica, Trance, Other

Top Picks for 2007:

1. Deadmau5 - Complications
2. Moonbeam - See The Difference Inside (Inside Mix)
3. The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides In The Deep
4. Justice - Phantom
5. SMD - Hustler

www.myspace.com/djbrandocommando
Old 12-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
HAHA ima get you to dj one my house partys
PM me with price.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

tunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond reputetunerzimage has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good. lll shoot ya a PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
Deadmau5 @ TAO!!

Can't wait.

this is the only reason why this overpriced, overcrowded rave will be worth it.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
i miss my turntables
Old 12-29-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CAPTAINNEO
name: i think you gotta book gigs to have a 'dj name'

setup: x2 Technics 1200 mk2's, x1 Vestax PMC-05, Sony MDR V600's, Cartridges: dont remember what i have...

spins: old school hip hop...early 90's in particular.

2007 picks:
didnt like a whole lot this past year in music...actually, havent liked a whole lot of music the past few years...
CAPTAINNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #7
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Bedroom DJ's FTW!

I haven't spun at an event other than the odd house party, or two.

Currently, my Tech's are sitting in storage along with my vinyl collection.

Anyway...

NAME: HalveBlue
SETUP: 2x Technics M3D's, some shitty mixer, Sony MDR V-700 headphones, Shure Whitelabels, a pair of Klipsch floor standing speakers, and cinder blocks
STYLE: Trance (various sub genres)

Top Picks of 2007: None. Trance has been in the shitter since at least 2003, and probably earlier.

But I did just score a mint vinyl copy of Stage One - Space Manoeuvres (Orkidea Mix).
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:46 AM   #8
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
DJ Name: Fuji aka the hotlavaflow

Setup: Studio. But for the portable I rock Techniques 1210's, Denon CD mixer (hardly ever use), Denon mixer, Ortofon or Stanton cartridges, Audio-technica headphones

Spins: Reggae, Hip-Hop

Top Picks (not in order):
1. International Players Anthem - UGK ft. Outkast
2. Alicia Keys - No One
3. Freaky Girl Remix - Gucci Mane ft. Ludacris
4. Good Life - Kanye West ft. T-Pain
5. Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie ft. UGK & Foxx
I spent a lot of time working down south this year
Old 12-29-2007, 02:47 AM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I used to dabble a little, now I just mess around with audio software every now and then.

Still one of my favorite tracks, Birdy Nam Nam - Abesses.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYMC6atRoE[/ame]
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:35 AM   #10
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

Wow! Awesome guys! Nice to see a lot of people are using the technics!

HalveBlue: what kinda trance you refer to? i think there have been some amazing releases this year.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
Frosty_spl
Zilvia Member

Frosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enough
Technics 1200s
Ortofon nightclub cartriges
Vestax 05 pro mixer
2 denon CD players
Crown amp
Cerwin Vega PA speakers
DJ stand (mini bar) thing I got at the grocery store for 75 bucks.

Ive been spinning for 10 years. Just for fun though.

Im diggin the new Kid Sister stuff, A-Trak, and also the baltimore hiphop scene.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs? just recently started considering it, not for help beat matching, but to use a bunch of my mp3's.

there are so many programs out there now, not sure what i need...being i dont do clubs or anything, dont know if it's necessary to spend the $500 on serato.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerzimage View Post
HalveBlue: what kinda trance you refer to? i think there have been some amazing releases this year.
Really, I couldn't even tell you. I try to listen to the new release catalog from Chemical Records at least once a week and I haven't been impressed.

Inevitably, when I do find something I like it's either a re-release of an older track or something that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not feeling the omnipresent Fruity Loops productions that are floating around everywhere these days.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINNEO View Post
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs? just recently started considering it, not for help beat matching, but to use a bunch of my mp3's.

there are so many programs out there now, not sure what i need...being i dont do clubs or anything, dont know if it's necessary to spend the $500 on serato.
Ive seen serato in action and it looks awesome, were seriously considering it, but just see it as setting us farther away from CDJ-1000 MK3's. T_T Were trying to get those by next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_spl View Post
Technics 1200s
Ortofon nightclub cartriges
Vestax 05 pro mixer
2 denon CD players
Crown amp
Cerwin Vega PA speakers
DJ stand (mini bar) thing I got at the grocery store for 75 bucks.

Ive been spinning for 10 years. Just for fun though.

Im diggin the new Kid Sister stuff, A-Trak, and also the baltimore hiphop scene.
Awesome! Sounds good. Nice equip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Really, I couldn't even tell you. I try to listen to the new release catalog from Chemical Records at least once a week and I haven't been impressed.

Inevitably, when I do find something I like it's either a re-release of an older track or something that's been sitting on the shelf for a few years.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not feeling the omnipresent Fruity Loops productions that are floating around everywhere these days.

Maybe i point you in the right direction then, artists who use Logic, ProTools and Reason, not Fruity loops crap haha.

Heres a few artists to check out. If you haven't heard them already.

Paul Van Dyk - In between (2007)
Armin Van Burren - A State Of Trance 2007
Deadmau5
Blackhole Recordings
Armada Records

Just to name a few top artists, albums and labels. Enjoy!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #15
S13E
Zilvia Member

S13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enough
Name: Devious
Setup: (Mobile) 2 Technics 1200/1210 MK2/3D, Rane TTM-57, Ortofon Concorde Qbert or Shure SC35C, Sony MDR-700, Apple iBook G4, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Pair of Mackie SRM-450 and a Mackie Sub, Martin MX-1 Lights

Setup: (Club) Ortonfon Concorde Qbert, Shure SC35C (backup), Stanton 500AL-II (emergency), Serato SL-1 Box, Apple iBook G4, Shure Bag full of updated vinyl and comps (in case laptop crashes), technics slipmats, Sony MDR-700 Headphones. Usually bring 1 Technics 1200 in a road-ready case (if you've DJ'ed in most of the SF clubs... or any club, you know what I mean) that stays in the trunk just in case....

Spins: Hip Hop, Hip Pop/Top40, Mash-ups, Underground, Old Skool, House, Trance, DnB

Top Picks for 2007: Can't really pick anything for 07... its all garbage (i.e = YOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!) 90-96 was where it was at....
S13E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13E View Post
Top Picks for 2007: Can't really pick anything for 07... its all garbage (i.e = YOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!) 90-96 was where it was at....
WERD.

90 to 96 IS where it's at.

i guess im stuck in the 90's (at least as far as music...)
Old 12-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #17
S13E
Zilvia Member

S13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enoughS13E will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Right now, Rane/Serato Scratch Live is like what the Technics 1200 is to turntables and the Pioneer CDJ-1000 is to CDJ's. It is the industry standard in terms of Vinyl Emulation... some could argue about that but let's not get into that. Rane/Serato is a little bit behind, we have just got introduced to be able to control, mix, and scratch video format while Virtual DJ has had that capability already. On the flip side... they do extensive testing and beta testing on all sorts of Pc/Laptop setups as well on G4/G5/Intel Macs. The end product is Very stable on Macs and PCs. $500 bucks might seem like alot but for you vinyl cats.... what is that? like 50 vinyl records or less.... and buying double copies sometimes... I've been spinning for tab bit over 10 years and I say this is the best thing to ever come out for the turntable user.
S13E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #18
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Maybe i point you in the right direction then, artists who use Logic, ProTools and Reason, not Fruity loops crap haha.

Deadmau5
Blackhole Recordings
Armada Records

Just to name a few top artists, albums and labels. Enjoy!
Thanks for the reco's, but unfortunately that's exactly the kind of stuff that's precipitated Trance's slide into the abyss.

Don't get me wrong PvD, is one of the most important dj's/producers inthe trance scene. I just wish he'd produce more tracks like Forbidden Fruit and For an Angel than the shlock he's releasing these days (Time of Our Lives *yawn*).

Hell, half the stuff that Deadmau5 releases isn't even Trance, it's Progressive/Electro House. Which isn't necessarily wrong, but they're two different genres. And that perfectly illustrates my point: Trance has lost it's way.

I want producers to go back to using 303's, 808's, and 909's. I want songs that keep me up and dancing, not put me to sleep and bore me to tears. There's no more energy in Trance. No more euphoria. No more trance.

Give me tracks like Atlantis - Fiji, Signum - Cura Me (Katana Mix), Transa - Supernova, Olmec Heads - Lift Off, Kaycee - Millenium Strings, BT - Flaming June.

Trance is supposed be rave music. Music where thousands of people dance their ass off. Nowadays it's turned into two-bit lounge music that you chill out to.

The only spectrum of Trance that's been remotely interesting and fun has been Hard Trance and Hardstyle.

/RANT
Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #19
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
^^BT FTW.

the track BT and Tiesto did awhile back...(love will come again?) was fucking amazing, but then again, im also a huge tiesto fan.

i wish i could keep track of all the different genres and sub genres and shit in techno, but after ahile im usually like fuck it. lol

when i had my turntables (which were technics, with a technics mixer, nothing special, i assure you) i used to spin alot of lasgo, tiesto, Ian Van Dahl, felix da housecat etc.....
a couple years back my friend got me into iiO and a bunch of other shit that i forget the name of.

however, one of my favorite records was the Kill Bill 1 soundtrack. it was so damned hard to find, and i still have it even though i sold my tables ages ago (to pay for car parts)

::edit:: the afore mentioned friend also got me listening to alot of Milk INC and Sylver. and that cover they did live of "insomnia" with lasgo was awesome!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJXAJbznYM[/ame]
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NAME: Tek
unfortinutly i dont have any dj equipment.. im more into creatin my own shit
didnt have much money to fund stuff but i sold my amg rims on my benz to purchase stuff..

Akai mpd24, midi keyboard, compressor mic and pre amp.. all my stuff is budget equip but run it thru my computer, software fl studio, acid, albeton , pro tools etc.. 90's hiphop /underground type sound shouldnt be hard to make from ur home.. hell alot of new shit today sounds like it was homemade with piss poor vocal recording... but I aint tryin to blow up on producin/making beats, just need to get by to make some demos or some myspace songs haha.. im just freaking lazy about getting things done, so i havent really made anything yet..

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/
this forum is great by the way, learned alot.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
Frosty_spl
Zilvia Member

Frosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enoughFrosty_spl will become famous soon enough
I just realized i have a Deadmau5 daft punk stronger remix which is DDDOOOPPPEEEE!!!!! I gotta check out more of their stuff.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #22
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Name: DJ BC
Setup: (2) Technics SL1200 MK5's, Pioneer DJM-700, Technics Headphones, Ortofon DJ Qbert Needles
Spins: Electronica, Trance, Other
So, why didn't I get a Demo CD with my Radiator?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
tunerzimage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
So, why didn't I get a Demo CD with my Radiator?

Haha, if you like i can send one out to you! or i can send mp3. lmk what you want !

HalveBlue - True, deadmau5 is more electro/progressive/house etc. I was just naming a few hot artists for 07. DAM, deadmau5 rocked the house at TAO!!

go to www.arminvanburren.com
click on ASOT radio. Listen to and check out playlists from all of 07. Armin showcases MANY amazing trance artists new release on all of his weekly mixes. You wont be dissappointed!

But i feel what you're saying about stuff from the 90's, Trance anthems, old skool rave songs haha. i love hardstyle and hard house, now that is stuff to make you dance!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #24
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Soon to come..

HARDSTYLE,HARD TRANCE/HOUSE

If i have enough patience.. once my income tax is in going cdj800's and whatever mixer i can afford lol

but Prodigy FX are in the works right now

Last edited by PRADOgy; 06-02-2008 at 01:39 PM..
PRADOgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #25
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
just out of curiousity...any of you guys running serato or torq or any of those computer mp3 integration type programs?

iv used serato, I was not dissapointed and not only was i happy not to dig and keep records clean.. but i happend to memorize much more songs since i had to keep looking for em..

oh i also figured out how badly i needed glasses lol!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #26
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
I used to play but im no bedroom dj! lol
Name: DJ Daze (played for frequent clubs/raves in Los angeles. Ams,tyco prod, addicted events,Also 1w1d)
Setup: (2) stanton st100, Headphones, Sonymdrv700, Behringer DJX700, Ortofon OM Elektro cartrideges
Spins: Hhc, gabber, Trance, hardhouse, dutchcore, nrg, hardstyle...
I still have my vinyls in the closet.

Top Picks for 2007 not really all of my favorite.
Matt Darey-last time
John O Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky
tsunami-space man << all time favorite
Above & Beyond - Home (Stoneface & Terminal remix)
Arrival & Fonar - Kazantip (Sean Tyas remix)
The Blizzard vs. Kirsty Hawkshaw meets Tenishia - Reasons to Forgive Kalopsia (The Blizzard Club Mash up)
Vadim Soloviev feat. Marcie - Stay With Me (Genix Remix)
Old 01-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #27
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
Quote:
deadmau5 rocked the house at TAO!!
Too bad the power died more than one time.

WHAT?!

After the second time, I bounced and went to the DnB room.

Shitty main rooom was shiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyy.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #28
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Thanks for the reco's, but unfortunately that's exactly the kind of stuff that's precipitated Trance's slide into the abyss.

Don't get me wrong PvD, is one of the most important dj's/producers inthe trance scene. I just wish he'd produce more tracks like Forbidden Fruit and For an Angel than the shlock he's releasing these days (Time of Our Lives *yawn*).

Hell, half the stuff that Deadmau5 releases isn't even Trance, it's Progressive/Electro House. Which isn't necessarily wrong, but they're two different genres. And that perfectly illustrates my point: Trance has lost it's way.

I want producers to go back to using 303's, 808's, and 909's. I want songs that keep me up and dancing, not put me to sleep and bore me to tears. There's no more energy in Trance. No more euphoria. No more trance.

Give me tracks like Atlantis - Fiji, Signum - Cura Me (Katana Mix), Transa - Supernova, Olmec Heads - Lift Off, Kaycee - Millenium Strings, BT - Flaming June.

Trance is supposed be rave music. Music where thousands of people dance their ass off. Nowadays it's turned into two-bit lounge music that you chill out to.

The only spectrum of Trance that's been remotely interesting and fun has been Hard Trance and Hardstyle.

/RANT
wow if you could not be more dead on with what you said lol. I love the labels buts its everything everyone is playing and there is soooooo much out there. I love how armin does play the new artist and singles of the week which make the money im paying to for asot well worth it. If you want to check some good stuff look under tsunami...well wait depends on what you like.

Im not gonna turn into ravegod5000 and go apeshit like i did before but i notice music genres have changed from time to time at underground raves. It used to be about hardhouse now its hardstyle while contempt clubs still play house/electro pop during beginning sets and trance after hours to bring the crowd up and closing sets.When i went to see corsten at the queen mary i was expecting some good progressive trance though his new cds arent like that...i was again very disappointed. Other good artist i say check out are blank and jones they throw very good sets and always never disappointed. paul van dyk......ehhh lost his style and went into that mellow shit lol example in between. i was very disappointed when i heard that just like i was dissapointed hearing blank and joned relax cd. One of my favorites which was descent was poilitics of dancing the first middle of disc one and the last of the 2nd cd which included some classics. Blank and jones would be in the mix vol 2 and 3. Alot of anthems on that cd which brought the good of trance.

i can go on and on with the mainstream but theres just so much out there to explore besides avb, bt, tiesto, p.o, sasha, digweed, etc etc.

artist i remember back in the day....brooklyn bounce, tinrib, taucher, irene, acousta, above and beyond,system f, geesshhh how can i forget matt darey even his music went soft.sighh,sunburst,cosmic gate, picotto, alphazone. days partying at the fox....yeah watchu know about that?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
miucus
Zilvia Addict

miucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond repute
spin: house/trance/elect/etc, hiphop/top40
setup: (2) technics 1200 mk2s
pioneer djm-600
mpc-1000
serato
heres a crappy camera pic of my setup

deadmau5 was awesome at tao
miucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 AM   #30
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaminii
Quote:

I used to love PvD and AvB but they've gotten way too commercial. Those two mixes/albums are a prime example. I think the best EDM album this year is "Sunlounger - Another Day In The Terrace".

I'm surprised of the amount of EDM heads here. Check out my mix:

L'etoile Qui Brille
01. Kalafut, Fygle - Novocaine (Mark Otten Remix)
02. Signalrunners - Don't Look Back
03. Mark Norman - Niagara
04. The Blizzard - Kalopsia (Mark Otten Energetic Remix)
05. Summer Sesssions - Summer Sessions feat. Tiff Lacey - By My Side
06. Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
07. Adam Nickey - Gone (Above & Beyond Respray)
08. Above & Beyond - Oceanic
09. Breakfast - The Horizon
10. Evbointh - One Wish (Daniel Kandi and Mark Andrez Remix)
11. John O'Callaghan Pres. Mannix - Dream On
12. Kyau & Albert - Made of Sun (KvA Hard Dub)

http://www.hypnotikspeed.com/music/d...i%20Brille.mp3

I have more at http://www.myspace.com/davidhoang1