Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...

Yesterday a Tornado tore thru Shawnee.
Shawnee, OK Tornado Reported As Storm System Tears Through Oklahoma, Kansas And Iowa

Now, today OKC, OK gets hit.

Mile-wide tornado touches down near Oklahoma City, causing damage for second day in a row | Fox News
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yup.

Good old OKLAHOMA
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
And people still build buildings out of wood.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
It is actually pronounced Oklahomuhhhhh...

Just like Texass...

Floriduhhhh...

Fuck tornadoes! I'll deal with an earthquake a decade or so over tornadoes, hurricanes, or blizzards on a yearly basis.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I am in okc. But this happens every 10 years or so where it hits the metro.

We have the next week of prime weather for tornados. High humidity and low 80s.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Everything in OK needs to be underground.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
And people still build buildings out of wood.
I'll never figure this shit out. Why can't we start building houses like bunkers.
Okinawa sits in typhoon alley between mainland Japan and Taiwan. You pretty much expect it to get skirted by atleast 3-6 typhoons every year, sometimes dead on. In the 4 yrs I was there, we had 3 cat 4-5 typhoons roll over the island, one of them over the base. Whole place is built with cement. Takes a beating from typhoons and 7.0-8.0 earthquakes.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I'll never figure this shit out. Why can't we start building houses like bunkers.
Because wood is cheap and quick, just like Varrstoen wheels and junk.
But seriously, I am pretty sure America is the only first world country that still builds homes out of wood, with tar roofs, as if it were the Middle Ages or something.
If I am ever to have my own house that I am to take pride in, it will be built out of brick or cement or mortar or whatever proper material, with a nice shingle roof. I refuse to deal with the annoyances of these matchbox cookie cutter houses, especially as they age.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dont understand why people live out there still. GTFO or its your own damn fault.

If there was a 10.0 earthquake that kills me, its my own fault for knowing i live where it can happen.
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Because wood is cheap and quick, just like Varrstoen wheels and junk.
But seriously, I am pretty sure America is the only first world country that still builds homes out of wood, with tar roofs, as if it were the Middle Ages or something.
If I am ever to have my own house that I am to take pride in, it will be built out of brick or cement or mortar or whatever proper material, with a nice shingle roof. I refuse to deal with the annoyances of these matchbox cookie cutter houses, especially as they age.
Actually in Earthquake country a brick building is recipe for disaster. Brick buildings crumble in Earthquakes. Also in Earthquake country wood frame houses are more likely to stand up.
In the 06 San Francisco quake most of the buildings were still standing after the quake but the fire damn near burned down the whole city because of all the Victorian structures.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
I dont understand why people live out there still. GTFO or its your own damn fault.

If there was a 10.0 earthquake that kills me, its my own fault for knowing i live where it can happen.
Most D bag shit in this thread. If we got hit by a earthquake and killed and leveled cities I highly dout people will say what you did. There is natural disasters everywhere. We all learn to deal with them and these people are no different
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

people will say what i did? WTF? please reread and explain?

all im saying is you know the dangers of living where you do and everyone is responsible for making that decision to live there.

and id watch the dbag shit.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rather live in S. Florida where we get a warning a MONTH before a hurricane hits us when its "born" off the coast of Africa. Plus we have strict building codes here, "super storm sandy" would not have done shit here.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
I use to be afraid of hurricanes before I moved to Florida. But they aren't that bad unless they are Cat4 or Cat5. Plus, as Gnnr said, plenty of warning beforehand. Now tornadoes on the other hand, those scare the shit out of me.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
That fucking GIANT tornado hit TWO schools! That's fucked up...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE6r37lvuK8

This guy has some balls.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Rather live in S. Florida where we get a warning a MONTH before a hurricane hits us when its "born" off the coast of Africa. Plus we have strict building codes here, "super storm sandy" would not have done shit here.
We'd known for a week or so that there was going to be a good chance for tornadoes this week. It's really just a matter of how much fear you're going to live in. You could get out of town like people do with hurricanes, but are you going to do that every time that there is a chance for tornadoes? Also, the likelihood of a tornado hitting your living establishment is incredibly small and most tornadoes that come through aren't nearly as big as this past one. That said, the people that don't have some kind of shelter are a whole different kind of dumb, in my opinion.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #18
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
HOLY SHIT! haha. im not worried about the tornado from that distance as much as the shit it sends my way at 100+mph.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
This guy has some balls.
It's funny how the dude moves like 50 feet at a time, like it's going to make a difference...
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
I live in LA, the heart of the earthquake zone, so when I bought my my house what did I look for?
A house that can stand up to a earthquake... DUH....
My house is rated for a 9.2 before it will start to show signs of damage...rated tested by the insurance and building codes.
It is made out of iron and cement, one of the reasons why I bought my house.
And get this, during the building boom around here back in 08-09 it was cheaper to build this way than out of wood because there was such a short supply...
That always got me...
I also save a shitload on my homeowners insurance because of this.
So I don't understand why people can't build this way more often, it's not a cost thing...
People just have to use common sense when building and making building codes.
Get more involed in what is out there and educated yourself to what is avalible and what new projects are out there just like we do with our cars.
Because of this I live in a freakin bunker in the middle of LA.
It's awesome!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
They seriously need to change the local building codes to include steel tornado bunkers....

My stomach dropped seeing this
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote