Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #61
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
some dude has violated that car and you don't know what they did to it or with it.

i have had exactly the same feeling looking at clean titled cars in my search for a 240 so i really do not know how this would apply any differently to a salvaged titled vs non-salvaged titled car. either way you have no way of knowing what the previous owner has done to "violate" the car. 2 of the 240s i went to look at, according to the CL ad, had "never been drifted" and yet when i went to look at the car the frame rails are shot to hell and the whole underside of the car is sketchy. now that doesn't mean the cars were drifted in any way but some kind of abuse had to account for the condition of the underside of the cars. i definitely wouldn't call those cars "virgins" by any means, which is why i walked away from them.

it's also always amusing to see how the seller of a car reacts when you start to crawl under the car so you can inspect things. though some people never worry about doing that when they look at a car.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #62
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yea that's true with previous owners but thieves tend to be more harsh towards cars. I wouldn't want to deal with a car that cut wires that was fixed by soldering them back or an ignition that got something jammed in it. I could probably deal with a clean title car that was semi trashed with mismatched primered panels and tons of knockoff parts since those are easier to replace. Most of all, to me the "salvage" title means it has a blemish. I know, OCD kicking in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #63
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Have you fellows seen the prices of running KA24DE's lately?
I think it fantastic how high the 240SX prices are climbing.
It will be a glorious day when poor people cannot afford to buy these cars anymore and treat them as throwaway drift cars or whatever silly reason they want them for.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #64
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It will be a glorious day when poor people cannot afford to buy these cars anymore and treat them as throwaway drift cars or whatever silly reason they want them for.
Ya, ka's used to be hella cheap. IMO out here in cali prices are being inflated duet to the fact that the newer smog/emissions laws are tearing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
which is why i'd rather spend more money for a clean stock 240 than for one that has been drifted and modded or turned into an mp3 player with wheels.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #66
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
totally agree with Matej

I love the fact that with a higher price, fewer idiots will own them.

I got lucky and only payed 1200 for my running s13 coupe with a single cam.

As stated before, supply and demand is the cause for the higher prices.

I assure that all you people complaining wouldn't be if you were already owners.

Sure these cars aren't and were never Ferraris or Porshes, but they obviously are special in some way if they have such a demand.

So now why would we owners not try to get as much possible for a special car that has such a demand?
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #67
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydoesit View Post
As stated before, supply and demand is the cause for the higher prices.
So now why would we owners not try to get as much possible for a special car that has such a demand?
i see the same thing happening to geo metros just look on CL or ebay. it's not just 240s. particularly in this worsening economy.
but that could also have alot to do with inflation as well, meaning it takes more dollars to buy the same thing that it took less dollars to buy in the past. because the value of said dollar is declining every year. i remember when paying 1.50 for a gallon of gas was horrendous. but i am just rambling now so .....................
Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #68
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertsi View Post
i see the same thing happening to geo metros...
This is also definitely part of it.

I remember when you could find a mint 90's corolla for just over 1000. Now the same corolla is at least 2000
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #69
Kanto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Kanto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Maybe with the higher prices, the community will lose more broke drift kids and the 240 name can become more respectable
Kanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #70
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
It's like if a girl got raped, would you call her a virgin still? Some people may consider her a born again virgin if she was celibate for a few years, but I think most people wouldn't. (I know this analogy sounds harsh to rape victims, but it's a fact by definition and how each person interprets things. I guess that's why I am an Atheist)
Ofcourse she's not a virgin. But I would date her if she had the characteristics I was looking for if I was looking. You only date virgins? Man, must be a hard search. If you know what to look for in a car, then you have an good idea of how a car was handled. Remember, a clean title can be just as bad, you just wouldn't know because the title is clean.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #71
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i paid 3500 for my s13 8 years ago. 3k is far in my books if the chassis is straight, clean, and stock.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #72
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I know what you mean. A clean title car could be just as neglected and abused as a salvage title car and a salvage title car could have just been a minor theft that the insurance company decided to not pay for and just salvage.

It was a bad analogy. I should probably have compared the salvage title to someone who has a criminal record and finding employment. Dude could have went to jail for robbery, spent some time in jail, and found their calling to give their life to god, AND most employers would not give him a chance and hire him because of the blemish he has on his record.

In all honesty, the car in the OP's post looks really clean and even if everything else checks out, I would still not buy it because it has a salvage title because like I stated earlier:

Quote:
Most of all, to me the "salvage" title means it has a blemish. I know, OCD kicking in again.
Maybe I can be picky because I live in California and there is still a very small handful of good cars left (even though it's pretty rare to see one pop-up for sale nowadays), which allows me to be more picky because both salvage and clean title cars are available to me. I don't have a reason to settle for a salvage title car if I can find a clean title car that I would be willing to pay a premium for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #73
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Nah. I'm sure you bought a 1998 5 speed, LE, Deep Fuschia, mint conditioned with less than 15,000 miles. Right???
Thats what I paid for my red 1997 5 speed LE, red, mint from a dealer with 26,000...

in 2001...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #74
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Boost_Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking of selling my sr coupe for 4k. If you think that stock hatch is worth that much then you are crazy... especially with that salvage title. Call it what you want but thats a drift tax. I just sold a vert with 75,000 on the dash for 2500 and I thought that was a little to high. Get back to reality bro.
Boost_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote