Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
A bunch of civilians who've never been in that kind of situation judging a split second decision made by a corrections officer. If that officer goes down, he is dead, period.

I have personal friends in corrections, you do not talk back to them, you do not step up to them. I'd love to have some audio with this. Maybe one day...
There is a vast difference between not letting them treat you like a punk and body slamming a rag doll till you break his neck.

He had control of him before he started slamming him. You know he went to far when the other inmates start stepping forward.

I have a high regard for public safety officials. I respect them but also hold them to a higher standard.

He's a criminal not a officer.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
GluedMyNuts
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
GluedMyNuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
There is a vast difference between not letting them treat you like a punk and body slamming a rag doll till you break his neck.

He had control of him before he started slamming him. You know he went to far when the other inmates start stepping forward.

I have a high regard for public safety officials. I respect them but also hold them to a higher standard.

What you said is true but I'm pretty confident it was never his intention to snap the inmate's neck. We do not know the exact protocol to this type of situation and also dealing with criminals require a fast reaction to disarm the tension. I feel sorry for the inmate because I do agree that the second toss was a bit unnecessary but at the same time I do not think I will hold the CO 100% accountable for manslaughter. I do not know about COs but LEOs are trained to shoot to eliminate threats and not shoot to disarm (which is kinda dumb IMO).
GluedMyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post

Once again I'd love to hear some audio.

I stand by my initial statement, until you have EVER been in a situation like that, you have really no room to judge. All this guy knows is he's outnumbered 30+ to 1.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote