Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 02-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Screw With Subaru Forum Members, Go To Jail [Car Crime]

02-18-2010 03:30 PM

A scam artist screwed with the wrong forum. After paying for parts they didn't receive, members of the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club collected evidence on the guilty party, managed to discover his real identity, then alerted police.

The sting was lead by NASIOC member Team Scream, who collected evidence from several victims, traced the perp's ID back through local chapters then presented police in Dalles, Oregon with a ready made case. Two days ago, he received this email from a detective there:
"I wanted to let you know that I have arrested and charged [Redacted] in relation to this case. He was charged with two counts ID Theft, one count of Theft 1, and Computer Crime. All of these are felonies in Oregon. He will most likely be going to prison for a period of time based on his past criminal convictions. He was using Riggs name without his knowledge. If you want to pass this on to the other victims in this case, by all means do so. If you have any questions feel free to call or e-mail. Thanks for your assistance."

Go forum, go!

Isn't Internet justice sweet? [NASIOC]

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i wish we could do that to our scammers here (one immediately comes to mind *cough*Texas*cough*). that's awesome news.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Too bad this doesn't happen to every scammer.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
good job subaru folks
chinabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
BlitzRPS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BlitzRPS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
i wish we could do that to our scammers here (one immediately comes to mind *cough*Texas*cough*). that's awesome news.
msg length
BlitzRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Which one?
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I had an instance here with a similar situation. Managed to get ahold of said 'members' contact info, and called his local police. Needless to say I got my exhaust in no time. Sorry bastard tried to use Hurricane Katrina for his reasoning that he couldn't process my order, even though that was nearly a month after I initially sent payment. After police got a hold of him, a refund was quickly sent to my name.

Good job Naisoc! For once they used their brains for somethign good, rathre than bashing each other over turbo upgrades that are all in 5 hp of each other haha.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
it could if those victims really wanted too

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
Which one?
check the review thread for sellers....its a pretty long thread lol

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #10
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lol, I opened this thread thinking if you screw w/ Nasioc mods, you go to jail haha.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote