Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
My S14 Drift Car Build - LS1 content inside

Ok, so I finally feel comfortable starting on of these threads. I hate it when people make them and don't update them for months.

I'm going to start this off with a little nostalgia - a short history as to what the car has been through already.

When I got the car it was exactly what I needed it to be - stock, reliable, and it happened to be automatic. These are the pictures I took when I first saw it:

Within a week or so it looked like this:

Then a few months after that I painted the bumpers and picked up some lowering springs/shocks:

I drove around like that for quite some time, I ended up painting those wheels satin black, then traded them for my old 300ZX TT wheels that were satin black. I believe it was about 7-8 months after the above picture that I went to Japan for the first time and bought coilovers, an exhaust, some wheels and other odds and ends (the car was still automatic KA at this point):

Then I sold those wheels after ~6-7 months, did a 5-speed swap with the transmission out of my old S14 (come to think of it I've had something off of my old S14 on this car every step of the way ), and bought the Regamasters:

Then I did the SR swap, I'm not sure how long it was after that...I know I did it at the end of May 08:

I've done little stuff to it since the swap, finally painted my rear valances and c-west mini spoiler, some s15 injectors, a tubular manifold, a custom intercooler set up (which used the HKS bypass valve off my old S14), a OS Giken 1.5way, got some Fortune Auto coilovers to replace my JICs....oh, and lets not forget building the RSs, haha.

This is how it looked up until a few days ago:

Now for the build portion!

I picked up a LS1 short block a month or so ago and it came with a bunch of extra goodies. I drove it back from Richmond in the trunk of the S14!

I picked up some 5.3 truck heads, an intake with fuel rails and injectors, some LS3 valves, dual springs w/ retainers, and trick flow hardened push rods since those pictures. I am still hunting for a transmission, wiring harness/ecu, throttle body, and a few other bits.

This was the car's state Tuesday:

This was the status Wednesday night:

This weekend it is getting towed up to Gloucester where my friend at RE-Spec Garage is going to help me accomplish the next step - cage it, tub it, and a few other things I'll keep as a surprise so you have a reason to keep checking back, haha!

Just an idea for my fellow Zilvians out there (because I am going to be struggling). Anyone who donates $10 via paypal will get their name on my car somewhere. My paypal address: Frog800000 (at) AOL dot COM. Obviously with it written like a normal email address. Depending on how many people do it will depend on where I put the names - I am thinking the front windshield would be pretty funny.

I will be posting updates in my blog as well - knoop.sumospeed.com. I'll probably post more pictures in there then in the thread because I can host them directly on the blog rather then host them on flickr, then copy and past them here and do the [img] tags.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links