Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #31
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
like I said, for a team of engineers to totally redesign something, change the base materials used to make the engine, transmission, rear ends, chassis, etc, so that it is reliable in a race condition I would think a quarter million would be justified. Any one of us could build a faster car using a parts catalogue and some torque qrenches, but would we be able to go several hundred miles at a time and only need fuel and tires...probably not.

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #32
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
hahaha wopps lol I thought the price said 28k lol....I was like wtf is everyone bitching about thats cheap as hell for that hahaha
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:47 AM   #33
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
like I said, for a team of engineers to totally redesign something, change the base materials used to make the engine, transmission, rear ends, chassis, etc, so that it is reliable in a race condition I would think a quarter million would be justified. Any one of us could build a faster car using a parts catalogue and some torque qrenches, but would we be able to go several hundred miles at a time and only need fuel and tires...probably not.
i'll agree to disagree with you.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #34
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
a base model Z starts at over $26k
no sir, have you checked your nissanusa.com recently? theyre getting wethinkwerehighendcars syndrome. a base Z is gona run u 30k+ otd... thats for a z with no diff...id rather buy a used e46 m3.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #35
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
i'll agree to disagree with you.
race motors arnt built to last forever either...they actually come with what you could call a expiration date?...basically they're built to be ran for a certain amount of hours and thats it. remember its just metal, no matter what you do to it if yove got metal on metal at 10,000rpms for 10 hours its going to wear and warp.

you could build something to COMPETE with this car, but in terms of you duplicating that car in your garage..never.
If anyone payed attention to the Canadian touring car (or is on ziptied) Sasha Anis tore his class a new anus(lol) with his prepd S14 running a 2871r AEM and some good aero. The cars in his class were probably built to a very similar standard to that Z.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #36
Leaky Injector

2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore2,1 is not welcome here anymore
for that much money your outta of your mind, I could build a car from the ground up with better power to weight ratio for cheaper then that, thats for people with way to much money that wont even race the damned thing. Its still nice tho just outta your mind on the price 285thousand dollars...): I would rather buy 2 audi r8's one black on red lol
2,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #37
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
No one here that's complaining about the price has built a race car before. 250k isn't cheap but it is when it comes to a factory race car. A porsche Cup car is 320k. that comes with some minor spares packages and I assume this car will come with some spares as well. you're not paying for a "stripped" 350z with a stroked street car engine. Your paying for a built, completed and tuned race car that has had all the bugs worked out of it. Requires zero development. And has factory support and development. See like next year they'll have what they call a update package. That will included revised aero, new suspension etc that will make the car faster than before. You couldn't develop a car to that potential for 250k in a short time frame with paid crew, extensive datalogging, track time, etc.

See people buy that expensive porsche because if they attend a grand american road race event. There's a porsche trailer there handing out a suggested setup. Suggested tire pressure and shock settings. then if they have an off track excursion and break a suspension arm that they don't have a spare of. They can goto the porsche trailer and buy it. Keep racing that weekend instead of packing it in. Your not only buying a car but your buying support.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #38
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
A porsche Cup car is 320k.
Where'd you find that number? I couldn't find any listed price for the Porsche cup cars on any site.

Anyways, for more comparison a Ferrari F430 Challenge (also a race ready car) is $227,000.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #39
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
friend used to do work with alex job when they ran 911's. Said by the time you got the datalogging kit.. and spare bodywork/wings that would be required.. spare parts.. spindles, arms, lights etc.. the price tipped the scales at 320k for a ready to run the season car, spares and all.. update packages were in the neighborhood of 20k and up.. I would imagine a CF porsche made nose for a 911 isn't cheap. I'm sure you could get the car down to under 250k if you just bought the car.. that isn't going to get you far in a season though. Porsche so far though have the best game though. You can hand them 300k and get a car that will qualify well and race the whole 24 hours of daytona with little to do but a yawn. Out of the box. few manufacturers can say that. Sure things break but out of the box they are rock solid reliable.

Never underestimate the power and worth of that factory trailer.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #40
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
friend used to do work with alex job when they ran 911's. Said by the time you got the datalogging kit.. and spare bodywork/wings that would be required.. spare parts.. spindles, arms, lights etc.. the price tipped the scales at 320k for a ready to run the season car, spares and all.. update packages were in the neighborhood of 20k and up.. I would imagine a CF porsche made nose for a 911 isn't cheap. I'm sure you could get the car down to under 250k if you just bought the car.. that isn't going to get you far in a season though. Porsche so far though have the best game though. You can hand them 300k and get a car that will qualify well and race the whole 24 hours of daytona with little to do but a yawn. Out of the box. few manufacturers can say that. Sure things break but out of the box they are rock solid reliable.

Never underestimate the power and worth of that factory trailer.
Exactly my point. You're getting a car WITH spare parts and all and its a 320K. AND its a fucking Porsche.

They're asking $285K (not including mark ups and what not) for a just the car that really isnt THAT impressive to begin with. Thats only 35k away from the Porsche. In the grand scheme of things thats really not that much money. Like i said in my first post, if you've got money like this, you're not gonna buy the 350z.

Hell, if the Ferrari is $227K, you're for damn sure not buying a $285K dollar NISSAN 350z. Fuck THAT.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 AM   #41
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
scca gt crs dont even cost that much, wc touring cars go for roughly 75k with spares thats what some older bmw 330 went for and hp was 310, unrestricted...

id rather get a used porsche gt2 or gt3... from flying lizard or trg
Old 04-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #42
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I dont understand how this is more expensive than the Z-Tune R34 .. O well sick car non the less.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #43
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Nissan be smokin' the stickiest of the icky.

So many other alternatives out there.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #44
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post

Anyways, for more comparison a Ferrari F430 Challenge (also a race ready car) is $227,000.
winner... I'll compete with my F430 and use the extra change to buy myself a 60k cushy daily driver...

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #45
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeisNissan View Post
I dont understand how this is more expensive than the Z-Tune R34 .. O well sick car non the less.
I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N
Old 04-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #46
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
for you guys wanting to pick up a gt cup car check out racingjunk.com
and get me one too...
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #47
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
We have the 2006 M3 GTR, 2007 GTO-R(triple crown champ) and the 2008 GT3 Cup car at my work and they were all well over $250k used. They come with spares and shit but its just extra body work, wheels and a few other things. That 350z is well developed but if you think that you can roll that shit out of the trailer and win/place a 24 hour races with it, without any development time your fooling yourself.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote