Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #31
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmm that was alot of info, I agree both companies have a badass racing history but now days even tho nissans family cars might have sport suspension or whatever I think its pretty easy to see that nissan is more of a family car company than porsche is now days. Porsche for the most part still makes mostly sports cars while nissan makes a lil something for everybody, that doesnt subtract anything from the company or its racing heritage. Its just that porsche focuses almost strictly on performance and racing still today. Das ist mein opinion.

"They market the Maxima as a Sports sedan. Its in their commercials"

i think thats only to make the soccer moms feel good about themselves. lol

Last edited by twotoes; 10-12-2008 at 02:39 PM..
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #32
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
ok buddy. Lets agree to disagree. I believe that Nissan is a Family oriented car company. I also believe that Porsche is a sports-car oriented car company. All the technology and racing heritage and what not behind, I stand by that. To most americans and most of the world, Nissan and Porsche are on 2 different levels.

I would never say that every BMW (or Mercedes, or Lexus, or Jaguar, etc) is a sports car, especially not my old e36. Its nice yeah, but sports car? No.

I would like to say, however, that I resent the fact you are grouping me together with the other so-called "ignorant americans" simply because of how I feel about 2 car companies. While I agree that many americans are ignorant, I'll say that is a very elitist point of view there my friend.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #33
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
"Ve don't sink zee car can do it in schtock form."

If i spent 80k on a GTR... i wouldnt want it to be stock...
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #34
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
lol it has to be stock, change anything and you void your warranty lol
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
ok buddy. Lets agree to disagree. I believe that Nissan is a Family oriented car company. I also believe that Porsche is a sports-car oriented car company. All the technology and racing heritage and what not behind, I stand by that. To most americans and most of the world, Nissan and Porsche are on 2 different levels.

I would never say that every BMW (or Mercedes, or Lexus, or Jaguar, etc) is a sports car, especially not my old e36. Its nice yeah, but sports car? No.

I would like to say, however, that I resent the fact you are grouping me together with the other so-called "ignorant americans" simply because of how I feel about 2 car companies. While I agree that many americans are ignorant, I'll say that is a very elitist point of view there my friend.
I don't have a problem with agreeing to disagree. As for you taking the comment the about putting you in the same catagory as most Americans? You did that yourself my friend with the statement you made.

BMW does indeed call themselves a sports car company regardless of what you think or your opinion.

I never said Nissan and Porsche were not on two different levels. What I did say in not so many words, is Nissan is and has been one of Japans Sports car companies.

One who is responsible for putting Japanese Sports cars on the map in a major way and breaking ground with them as well. Not with one but with many. As I outlined in previous post. You posted about the GTIr and Attessa. You said nothing about Roadsters,Bluebirds(510's)early Skyline GTRs, Fairlady Z's, Gazelles(200sx in the U.S in the 80's), Silvia's,180sx's,R32 GTR's,R34GTR's The MId 4 concept in the 80's which Honda bit off of completely to make the NSX.

Regardless of where Nissan may have started, since they have been in the Japanese automobile business since the earliest days of the 20th century. Regardless of them purchasing Prince. They managed to establish themselves as a Japanese Sports car company.
Actually they were Japans premier sports car company to due to the amount of Sports cars they built.
Mazda only of recent has challenged this with the Miata and 3rd gen RX7 and the ugly RX8(which does handle well).
Still of all the Japanese car companies no other ones markets as many Sports cars as Nissan does.

That qualifies them as Sports car company as well, as their continued commitment to building ground breaking Japanese sports cars. It just so happens they don't just market Sports cars.

Look at British Leyland for an example. Though no longer in existence they manufactured, MGB,Triumph,Austin etc. everything from a gang of sports cars to economy cars and wagons and trucks.

Were they not a British Sports car company given the amount of Sports cars they actually produced? Of course they were,regardless of the other cars they produced.

Now your choice of ignoring the facts I gave and insisting on thinking Nissan is strictly a Family oriented car company also puts you in the same place with most Americans. Again this is not my doing, its yours, you said it yourself. Not I.

Oh and I am elitist because of I have the opposing opinion based on my knowledge? Not in the least, its just I have facts, to back up my claims. Thats not elitist its educated.

I am sorry if a lot of Americans have misguided opinions or knowledge. Hell don't even get me started on all the idiots that believe stupid shit like we did not land on the moon. Something I watched on TV as a kid and my father worked for one of the companies responsible for proving it happened with their Camera's(Fairchild Camera and Semiconductor).

Oh but if I call those people dumb or ignorant I am elitist by your rules.

Oh and there are dumb ass Europeans as well. But again if I say that I am elitist right?

Oh and wait you agree that most Americans are ignorant but then call it a elitist attitude, wow. I guess you are calling yourself elitist, but resent it as well. Wow you have some issues to work out there. LOL

Give it up man. Get educated and speak with knowledge. Its that simple. Its not elitist, its facts and I think the fact that you think its elitist pretty much means your taking it personally.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-13-2008 at 12:38 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #36
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Hey guys, when you "agree to disagree," you DROP THE FUCKING ARGUMENT!!!

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #37
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
You seem to be getting really upset over all of this. lol Relax man. Its the internet. This pissing contest has gone on too long. I know, on a website created and dedicated to Nissan sports car I shouldnt say anything bad about them, and I still don't think i did. If we continue this little spat between us two, someones feelings might get hurt lol.

This will be my last post here in this thread, because no one ever wins a pissing contest. Everybody just gets pissed on.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #38
MaD1337M3DRiV3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
MaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
....This pissing contest has gone on too long...
all the threads recently have been pissing contests... followed by "get educated"... LOL

must be related to bank account/penis size, give it up guy.
MaD1337M3DRiV3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #39
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
What's the argument?

While Nissan has a storied racing history, it's NOT the same type of car company as Porsche. That's why the GTR is so beautiful and amazing. Here we have a car company that makes cars for the masses making a car that destroys it's competition that has been building nothing but "race cars" it's entire history.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:28 AM   #40
160Z

160Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Exactly exitspeed, in fact Nissan's racing credentials date back to 1964 when Prince modified a 2.0-liter Skyline GT production car to take on the race built Porsche 904 GTS and came damn close to beating it! Totally amazing!
160Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #41
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Prince? the artist? purple rain?

awesome.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #42
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Porsche will be in a world of serious financial hurt soon.

They have written a lot of checks that will come due soon and will be a throw back to the days of 1991 when Porsche was seeking bankruptcy protection in Germany.

Labor contracts
a 4dr sports car that will be for sale soon and no buyers for it and same for the Gas Guzzling SUV that has a shrinking market.

Lets not forget Nissan is now owned by Renault which has a very nice sociallist endowment from the French government + a car market share that is growing for Nissan.

Porsche is in a really bad financial situation and it may not look like it now but wait you will see.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #43
David Steele
Zilvia Member

David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Family car company or not they ran a 3800lb car on standard tires did a faster time that Porsche couldn't do and now they are cry babies.

hahahah @ this line.
''Ve don't sink zee car can do it in schtock form''