Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Nissan GT-R will be priced from around $68,000

Filed under: Car Buying, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Japan, Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan

click above image to enlarge

We chuckled as we saw the official image that accompanied today's press release from Nissan about its upcoming GT-R. It's a high-res studio-looking shot of the GT-R wearing the same covering we've seen so many times in spy shots. In fact, the GT-R has already been spotted on the Nurburgring wearing no covering at all, just unpainted panels that poorly hide its front clip.

Regardless, Nissan also released new information about the GT-R, including its base price, which will be around 7.8 million yen, or $68,000 USD. Now conversions from other currencies can hardly be trusted, but we think the Corvette start worrying now.

We've also learned officially something we already knew, which is that the word "Skyline" has officially been dropped from the GT-R's name in every market in which it will be sold. Surprisingly, this includes Japan, where the Skyline name has a lot of history.

Finally, Nissan revealed that it's setting up 160 Nissan High Performance Centers in Japan that will provide sales and support for the GT-R.

According to the downloadable countdown clock on the GT-R's official website, only 27.5 more days to go until the car's officially unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in Japan.

[Source: Nissan]Continue reading Nissan GT-R will be priced from around $68,000
Â*
Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Wow $68,000.

Awesome

If it was $70,000 I couldn't be able to afford it.

*sarcasm*
Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
lol^^^^^ Jack^^^^^ ya but at that price its still a relative bargain though it should make the Z car market pretty interesting.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 09-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #4
GoldenLeg
Banned from the Marketplace

GoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enough
I wonder what prompted them to drop the "Skyline" name tag
Old 09-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLeg View Post
I wonder what prompted them to drop the "Skyline" name tag
Well this was actually a publicized fact that came out about 2-3 years ago when Nissan actually announced they were going to be another GTR. Basically they wanted to make it a world car. In that sense, The Skyline moniker while true was a Japan and certain parts of the United kingdom and a few places in Asia car to begin with. On top of that the Skyline originally and always were a luxury sports vehicle and not a full bore super car. The GTR was first conceived to take the Skyline racing in the 70's. In the 80's the GTR moniker pretty much went bye bye. It was brought back in the 90's with the advent of the R32.R33 and R34. It was then that the GTR really rose up to Super Car Status because the R32 ones were the first of the AWD GTR's.

Now Nissan has decided that being a Super Car it deserved its own designation seperate from the Skyline itself. Hence the decision to just call it the GTR. Everyone that really knows about the older cars i.e. the people who would even want the new one or could afford to purchase it, already know what the GTR is . There is almost no need for Nissan to have to explain it anyone.

Plus when it comes out and romps ass on cars cost close to three times it well it won't really matter. It will be another legendary Nissan. Time will tell, time will tell.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
GoldenLeg

GoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enoughGoldenLeg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well this was actually a publicized fact that came out about 2-3 years ago when Nissan actually announced they were going to be another GTR. Basically they wanted to make it a world car. In that sense, The Skyline moniker while true was a Japan and certain parts of the United kingdom and a few places in Asia car to begin with. On top of that the Skyline originally and always were a luxury sports vehicle and not a full bore super car. The GTR was first conceived to take the Skyline racing in the 70's. In the 80's the GTR moniker pretty much went bye bye. It was brought back in the 90's with the advent of the R32.R33 and R34. It was then that the GTR really rose up to Super Car Status because the R32 ones were the first of the AWD GTR's.

Now Nissan has decided that being a Super Car it deserved its own designation seperate from the Skyline itself. Hence the decision to just call it the GTR. Everyone that really knows about the older cars i.e. the people who would even want the new one or could afford to purchase it, already know what the GTR is . There is almost no need for Nissan to have to explain it anyone.

Plus when it comes out and romps ass on cars cost close to three times it well it won't really matter. It will be another legendary Nissan. Time will tell, time will tell.
Wow. Thanks for the explanation. Now I feel as if that was a dumb question . You learn something new everyday I guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Good explanation drift freaq.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #8
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Overpriced...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Overpriced...
your on drugs

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Overpriced...
nahhhhh, i don't think it's overpriced....do u know wat is overpriced?....a friggin' $80k NSX!
hahaha
Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #11
silviatunersr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
silviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I dont know if this is true or not but I went to the nissan dealership in asheboro NC and ask if they had any info on the GT-R and as soon as I asked that the guy in parts face lit up like a little kid at a fair. He slung the computer moniter around and showed me a butt load of pics but I dont know if that was nissan stuff of spy shots he got off the net but the one thing he said that stood out to me was that there was only gonna be 1250 give or take for sale on the u.s market and there is something like 1500 nissan dealerships in the u.s. But like I said thats just what he said and I dont have any hard proof that what he said was real. Oh and he said the price would be around 75k depending on the model and a fully loaded top of the line would be in the low 80's???
Old 09-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
GoldenLeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviatunersr20 View Post
but the one thing he said that stood out to me was that there was only gonna be 1250 give or take for sale on the u.s market and there is something like 1500 nissan dealerships in the u.s.
Cali will probally get about 800 of them
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 AM   #13
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ill be getting a used one in about 5 years. Just think what the next generation is gonna be able to do with those.

"Home is where the armor is"
Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #14
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
your on drugs
yeah so...

10k evo IX roller + 58K in mods > overpriced gt-r

You buying a gt-r? If so, when you do pick it up, how about we do a autox, drag, road course battle? Best 2 out of 3 wins. Then we will see who is on drugs.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #15
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
yeah so...

You buying a gt-r? If so, when you do pick it up, how about we do a autox, drag, road course battle? Best 2 out of 3 wins. Then we will see who is on drugs.
I hate to say it but your 10k evo is going to be a pile of shit in comparision in to a GTR. Naw actually I don't hate to say it.
Mitsushitty. Never have liked Mitsu's and they have always been pieces of crap that fall apart its no different with the EVO.

And you admit your on drugs, which means you fail even more.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #16
Zilvia FREAK!

So is this a bet? No I don't do drugs that was a lame joke, but my bet is not.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #17
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
Perhaps I can trade in with everything I have to date and get a GTR... hehe...

that is with my SAAB 92x and SAAB 9-5 Aero + the two nissans...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #18
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
The more expensive, the better! I don't want to see one on every street corner like I do Corvettes.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #19
Zilvia FREAK!

^I will agree with that.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #20
reflexdb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
reflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reflexdb
0100: You can have your EVO and the 3 hot guys you can pack in back. For 68k, the GTR is a force to be reckoned with, and on a level that a Mitsubishi will never be.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
I would like to drive the new GT-R in the 08 Cannonball Run...
Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
So is this a bet? No I don't do drugs that was a lame joke, but my bet is not.
I don't bet clueless people. Its not fair to them.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #23
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
yeah so...

Considering the millions Nissan probably put into the car for R&D, you have to be pretty naive to call it an evo 4 with mods, let alone thinking you can beat it on the track.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #24
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexdb View Post
0100: You can have your EVO and the 3 hot guys you can pack in back. For 68k, the GTR is a force to be reckoned with, and on a level that a Mitsubishi will never be.
Nah you can have the 3 guys, since you seem to be into that. lol who the hell calls guys hot. I guess I will feel that much better when I beat a "force to be reckoned with".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki_s14 View Post
Considering the millions Nissan probably put into the car for R&D, you have to be pretty naive to call it an evo 4 with mods, let alone thinking you can beat it on the track.
Wow considering I am building this car myself on my own dollar I am going to feel pretty good when I do beat this monster!

Quote:
I am not that clueless. Maybe I am I don't know. I have raced formula cars and closed wheel cars in the SCCA for along time and I know what works and what doesn't.

Don't back out of the bet now.

Wow just crazy I call the car overpriced, which it is, and people go mad. I don't think any of you have built a race car before, is the problem. $68k for that pig with that hp is a joke. I know first hand what can be built in that price range. I am not saying I don't love the car because I do, and in 5 years when it's not overpriced I will buy one. I don't buy overpriced cars and that is every new car. All I said was that the car is overpriced, and that for the same (less) money a car can be built to destroy it.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Nah you can have the 3 guys, since you seem to be into that. lol who the hell calls guys hot. I guess I will feel that much better when I beat a "force to be reckoned with".

Wow considering I am building this car myself on my own dollar I am going to feel pretty good when I do beat this monster!

I am not that clueless. Maybe I am I don't know. I have raced formula cars and closed wheel cars in the SCCA for along time and I know what works and what doesn't.

Don't back out of the bet now.

Wow just crazy I call the car overpriced, which it is, and people go mad. I don't think any of you have built a race car before, is the problem. $68k for that pig with that hp is a joke. I know first hand what can be built in that price range. I am not saying I don't love the car because I do, and in 5 years when it's not overpriced I will buy one. I don't buy overpriced cars and that is every new car. All I said was that the car is overpriced, and that for the same (less) money a car can be built to destroy it.
You know what, I never bet you in the first place and you really need to check your attitude and yourself here. You don't even know if I was going to buy a GTR anyways. I was commenting on the car and friends were joking about buying it.
For someone who claims to have so much experience you fail in life experience and being able to read jokes and sarcasm.
You also fail in researching the shit your talking about. Your losing here and going down fast. give it up. Unless you want to look like a complete idiot.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #26
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Whats wrong with you? I'll bet against him, someone throw a wet towel at his face to confuse him!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #27
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
how are you comparing modded cars with bone stock cars

look at my civic with a 30k dollar jet engine

itll pwn your gtrrrrrrrr muahhhaha

toolbag
Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #28
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
how are you comparing modded cars with bone stock cars

look at my civic with a 30k dollar jet engine

itll pwn your gtrrrrrrrr muahhhaha

toolbag
You haven't been watching Best of Motoring, repent your sins! AWD + Torque > Pansy Understeering Straight Line Rice Rockets!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #29
silviatunersr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
silviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Im waiting on the Z06 vs GT-R when they get released cause thats gonna be fun. Whats the stats on a GT-R cause the Z06 is 11.5 in the 1/4, 0-60 in 3.7 and weighs 3132 with a top speed of 198 stock. I figured this will be a huge battle over here cause they have about the same price tag. I hate to say it but the new vettes are nice, I test drove one the other day but it was the auto ls2 400hp. The bad is you just cant see crap out the back and the windshield is so narrow. I had to come home and buy a fidanza flywheel for my 240 cause I felt like I cheated on her.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:00 AM   #30
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You know what, I never bet you in the first place and you really need to check your attitude and yourself here. You don't even know if I was going to buy a GTR anyways. I was commenting on the car and friends were joking about buying it.
For someone who claims to have so much experience you fail in life experience and being able to read jokes and sarcasm.
You also fail in researching the shit your talking about. Your losing here and going down fast. give it up. Unless you want to look like a complete idiot.
I don't know man start from the top and read what I wrote and what you wrote. I didn't have an attitude, if anything I think you did. I didn't say overpriced for no reason. I said it because I ment it. You called me out by saying I was on drugs. So I wrote a reply proving that it is overpriced aka an evo IX can be built to outperform it for less money. Now the only way we can prove this is to have a 2 out of 3 battle like I suggested. It would have been fun not for money or anything. Just for fun. I didn't know you weren't actually buying a gt-r. Why didn't you post that after I asked if you wanted to do the 2 out of 3 battle?

What did I fail in researching? I wrote two things that the gt-r is overpriced and that a roller IX could be built for the same (less) and outperform the gt-r. Both are fact. Any new (econo or super) car is overpriced. The minute you roll it off the lot you loose thousands. That is why I never have and never will buy a new car. You get so much more for your money used and even more if you buy a roller and build. So how do we prove that fact that a roller IX can outperform a new gt-r? Going to have to wait till it comes out I guess, but trust me the gt-r will be 1 sec slower in the 1/4 and even further behind on the road course.

Again don't get me wrong I love this new gt-r just wish it wasn't so heavy. In 4-5 years I hope I find a roller.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
Closed Thread