Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Police raid California car enthusiast gathering to generate revenue

Filed under: Tuners, Government/Legal

It isn't uncommon for automotive enthusiast groups to organize gatherings in large commercial parking lots. Quite often the local businesses even support the groups due to increased sales generated by the crowds. Such is apparently not the case in Riverside, California. The city believes large automotive-focused get togethers promote street racing and that must also be the purpose of any vehicle equipped with performance modifications. To quell the situation, last Friday night around 11PM, police surprised 150 vehicles and their owners during a meet at Canyon Crossing shopping center. Fifty police cruisers from Riverside County, Irwindale, Ontario and a few other regions were paid overtime to block off parking lot exits and issue citations. Tickets were written for illegal modifications, paperwork violations, window tint and having no front license plate. Twenty vehicles were even impounded due to suspected stolen parts.

The funds for the crackdown, and others like it, get drained from the California state gas tax account. Typically the gas tax goes towards transportation maintenance and improvements, like better roads and public transport. Rather than put all the money into aiding traffic flow, California's math calculations have determined that more revenue can be generated by handing out fix-it tickets with increased frequency. Of course, that is as long as the violation fares are more than law enforcement overtime expenses. Even still, most likely a few folks will fight their citations and thus drain more funds from the state government through the legislative process. Thanks for the tip everyone!
[Source: theNewspaper.com]
Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
$eriou$ly you gotta $pend money to get money.

That'$ how they $ee it I gue$$.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
Xmax
Leaky Injector

Xmax is an unknown quantity at this point
Giving tickets is a business operation, even though the police is here to serve and protect, they are business professionals to generate revenue for the city and state. Nothing new. But in a way that is a good thing, that they did this, because they cracked down on people that have stolen parts on their cars. Which is a few less thieves on the street.
Xmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmax View Post
Giving tickets is a business operation, even though the police is here to serve and protect, they are business professionals to generate revenue for the city and state. Nothing new. But in a way that is a good thing, that they did this, because they cracked down on people that have stolen parts on their cars. Which is a few less thieves on the street.

I dont think anyone got arrested and even if they did they would be right back on the streets in no time.

and now since their car was taken away they need to steal another one.
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
just read about this on another forum.

another reason i dont live in cali.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
why bother the import car enthusiasts... I'd say like 70% of them are
1) young 2) broke

I'd like to see police raid like a cars and coffee meet in Irvine, haha... well, I wouldnt really... but man, that just sucks balls. Cars and Coffee meets are almost the same thing... a bunch of dude standing around in a parking lot showing off their cars and talking gearhead talk...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
Cars and Coffee meets are almost the same thing... a bunch of dude standing around in a parking lot showing off their cars and talking gearhead talk...
Pretty much my weekends for the past year lol. The cops don't usually mess with us because we're not doing burnouts or doing tyte driftz yo!! Sometimes a UC drives though and talks to us. Hey, Starbucks is happy because of us that's for sure.

1 time I did get a ticket for "trespassing" because I was sitting in a MacDonald's parking lot with some other car heads long after it closed. I wasn't even driving and I got a ticket. Had to go to court. Such a waste of time.
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmax View Post
Not true. "Suspected stolen parts" can be if your vins dont match on your dash, honda guys might not have the vins on their trannys, that "questionably stolen" anything without paperwork to prove its legal can be considered stolen. Do you have paperwork on your motorswap? stolen
cops can , and unfortunately sometimes will, bend things around to serve their intrests
Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wait. if performance mods MUST be for street racing, how is it that i see dudes in camaros, mustangs, and other cars of that sort (read: domestic) cruising around with 1000 dB exhaust and NOS in the back window without any sort of second look from the man? where i grew up, if there was a civic with a muffler next to an F-body at a light, and the F-body's revs climbed as it accelerated through the light, the civic would get a ticket and the F-body would get a high five. fuck that. tomorrow, i'm selling the G20, and i'm gonna buy a trans am. shit is wack.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
The cop has his hand on his gun... wtf?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #11
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
make more tracks so people dont street race.
besTint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #12
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
The cop has his hand on his gun... wtf?

they caught him ridin dirty... btw is that a fawking hummer in the background? omfg... i know where that fix-it-ticket $$ is going...
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #13
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
sucks that this is how our government makes money...tisk tisk
s14_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #14
urmyhero4now
Zilvia Junkie

urmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant futureurmyhero4now has a brilliant future
thats a really old shot from an article in superstreet years ago...and thats the o so famous "big bird" skyline....which was also in the f&f...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #15
wylin
Zilvia Addict

wylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud ofwylin has much to be proud of
i think they should stick to ticketing speeders and other forms of driver education through tickets. Wasting money on modded cars is kind of stupid IMHO.

If they really wanted to stop street racing they'd, go browse forums for places that people drift, drag, and touge. That would be a better idea and more in line with protecting the public versus attacking a large non-mobile car meet.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #16
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Wow all this being done in a shopping center parking lot which is most likely private property, so the property owner can be held liable for this. But I would call Greg doll and double check this.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #17
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
hread about this on the s2ki boards...this fawkin sucks cops need to focus on other things that are more important
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #18
Nismoknightska-t
Premium Member

Location: Azusa, socal baby! why do i live this way?? it must be the money!
Trader Rating: (3)
Nismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismoknightska-t
i think its gonna get worse but truthfully i could care less..

1-2 ref tickets a year isnt that bad for driving around with a fully built motor..
Nismokights on http://www.youtube.com/user/NismoKnights
Nismoknightska-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 AM   #19
brewster240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
brewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond reputebrewster240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brewster240
i hope this shit stays out in cali.

well they do it here to, but not that bad.
brewster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #20
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
why bother the import car enthusiasts... I'd say like 70% of them are
1) young 2) broke
Because people that are young and broke, can't FIGHT tickets by hiring expensive lawyers, and thus depriving the state of the money it attempted to steal.

People that drive Ferrari's and Lamborghini's CAN afford to fight tickets. Hell half of them are lawyers in the first place.

And yeah, the argument that cop made: "Why would you modify your car if you don't street race?"

Because I can't afford a Porsche or Ferrari, but I want a car that performs as close to one as possible. Because I'm a testosterone filled punk ass that loves the rumble of a motor and the feel of acceleration. Does this mean I street race? Hell no, I hardly ever break the speed limits (I move with the flow of traffic, if the flow is 80mph on the freeway, I do 80mph.).

But on the weekends I like to be able to take my car to the track, and at least the acceleration up to 45mph is "interesting".

THAT is why I modify my car.

With his attitude, why would ANYONE buy a car that goes faster that the speed limit? Why buy a powerful German luxury sedan that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and tops out at 180mph? OBVIOUSLY whoever is buying THAT car is street racing.

That one statement says SO MUCH about the law enforcement officers in our state it's ridiculous. THAT is how far our officers have their heads up their asses around here.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #21
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
well if it makes anyone feel better i got a 60km/hr speeding ticket in a 50km/hr zone two days ago he was a nice guy at least... lol, he seemed new and most new cops are assholes. Was a young guy, my age, I was like cmon man what is this im going to pick up my wife from a frickin hair saloon; guy gave me a ticket i gotta pay 40 bux 0 points.. woopie do but so lame

Unlike the asshole who gave me a 67 over speeding ticket in rural farm lands in a '50' zone which was actually an 80 not a 50 zone, I went back there and saw the 50 zone buffer which was not visible AND short AND the asses hid there on a holiday. No soul ever even drives there somehow they happened to be there. Been a year since that incident but alas. You can't even hear a cow moo, that's how retarded farm field remote rural it is... what pisses me off is how the guy was grinning and cynical.

Fight every ticket, the government doesn't deserve your hard earned money.

Traffic police/tickets and everything associated with it is nothing but a business. Guess how many millions of dollars did the canadian government lose on 'family day' where the courts decided to 'forgive all cases' and dropped all tickets/court dates that day? Just guesst.... then look it up. It's nothing but a large scam. I HATE when I hear 'safety' bullshit, but then see roads crumbling with basketball size holes and grannies driving 50 on a highway or whatever.

Oh and, lmao, all the hypocracy of some people who throw 'take it to the track' slogans, when we all know EVERYONE speeds at least a lil including grannies and grandpas with their expensive ferraris/porsches/etc... Guess what started happening? Cops started giving tickets at local canadian tracks HAH! Just waiting for people to get off the track and BOOM ticket (illegal exhaust, car made for street racing, blabla).

Oh and I got a wonderful 30.00$ parking ticket for stepping out of my car in toronto downtown for like 5 minutes to pick up my wife from college where there is virtually no parking ever. WOW THATS SUCH A GREAT FEELING! I SAW the parking meter fag give me the ticket right in front of me! So 70 bux of my hard earned money just went to the government for jack shit.

What I ALSO love is how cops CAN turn their lights on and then run red lights if they please or how they ENJOY speeding and taking corners fast when they see fit even though they have no emergency or anything like that. OH AND when they have banged up cars (eg; one headlight only working), how come we can't give them damn tickets and earn a lil money lol. Oh they are trained professionals LMAO bullshit!

Last edited by a_ahmed; 04-05-2008 at 08:57 AM..
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #22
its_teddd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
its_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura aboutits_teddd has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow dude thats super foul. plus why is the cop driving a hummer?! the goverment likes to waste gas?!?!? wahhh!??!
its_teddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
dragon_x330
Zilvia Member

dragon_x330 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via MSN to dragon_x330
Wow, that's gay. Thank god I live in WI. Cops are asses here, but they're not anal...yet.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #24
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I heard about his on the news.

Lame attempt at getting money.

I agree with most of the posts here.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #25
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Because people that are young and broke, can't FIGHT tickets by hiring expensive lawyers, and thus depriving the state of the money it attempted to steal.

People that drive Ferrari's and Lamborghini's CAN afford to fight tickets. Hell half of them are lawyers in the first place.

And yeah, the argument that cop made: "Why would you modify your car if you don't street race?"

But on the weekends I like to be able to take my car to the track, and at least the acceleration up to 45mph is "interesting".

THAT is why I modify my car.

With his attitude, why would ANYONE buy a car that goes faster that the speed limit? Why buy a powerful German luxury sedan that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and tops out at 180mph? OBVIOUSLY whoever is buying THAT car is street racing.

That one statement says SO MUCH about the law enforcement officers in our state it's ridiculous. THAT is how far our officers have their heads up their asses around here.
That's exactly what I was thinking. You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to post something along the same lines on the comments in autoblog, but it'll get ignored anyway...

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #26
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post

EXACTLY

Why do they allow people to buy 600 hp Mercedes ?

to get milk?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #27
Jodan
Zilvia Member

Jodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the roughJodan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jodan
thank god im not in shitville cali
Jodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
see avatar

but I know florida is good too

so yeah fuck cali

They wonder why all the business is leaving the state and we are going bankrupt.

It's like a communist south american country here or is becoming one.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #29
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
i was there...

media totally blows it outta proportion.

there was maybe 50 cars if that.

a few buddies of mine including myself were parked away from the meet.

all the honda heads were burning out and hauling ass, this was the scene for the past weeks , anyways i never saw or heard anyone say they wanted to or headed out to go race.

but when the cops rolled they pulled EVERYONE into it.

we werent even near our cars and they told us to go into the barricade,

the lined up everyone about 6 cars deep and popped hoods

they had the ISO system(vin numbers) and were towing cars that were either missing VIN's or other reasons.

i received a state ref ticket for modified smog. on my s14 sr same as my buddy with a rb25.

i feel that it was kinda shitty how they made us go into the barricade, but hey you gotta pay to play right?

i cant hate.
cops are being cops, its there job and they are doing what our gov says cant blame them really.

and skylar you make a very valid point, in which i cant afford what you drive mr lawyer so imma try to make the next best thing.

its unfortunate that we are stamped as a street racer and such because of the mistakes of others.

yet what do you think the officers near Azusa think when they see a few 240's rolling mountain wards?

cops aren't dumb they connect the dots.

and the reason they end up ticketing spectators as well is. everyone wants to feel like tanguchi or chris rado

having people tell you damn your shit is sick or nice driving is what any teenager kid wants.
so of course you take the fun outta it and things tend to relax.

just my opinon.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #30
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
the cops went to a meeting spot notorious for street racing. they didn't go to just any meet that's nice and quiet. they do burnouts, drifting, and "fly-bys". the cops did what they are supposed to do to stop the street racing epademic that so cal has.

as for the lambo,ferrari,mercedes argument, yes they are fast. the amount of speed that car can make is not important. how often do you see these cars stret racing?

as for more tracks in so cal, that can't be a problem. there are more events going here in so cal than anywhere else in america on any given day. and for those that strictly drag races, there are places like irwindale speedway that have open drag races every thursday.

now i'm not saying the cops are all justified in taking all the cars they did, but keep in mind that like i said, it is a known street racing meeting place. they didn't just pick a meet that is quiet and keeps all the local shops happy. there have been many complaints from this meet from the local shops, and many incidents of street racing accidents that started from here.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote