Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Carsumer Advocacy? Nissan refuses to replace GT-R owner's busted transmission

10-13-2008 02:01 PM

Filed under: , , ,

Click above for high-res gallery of the Nissan GT-R

A member of the North American GT-R Owner's Club forums started a thread recently in which he tells about dropping off his Nissan GT-R at the dealership when he began hearing loud noises coming from the rear of the car. The dealership told him that his transmission was toast as a direct result of him turning off the car's VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) too much, which you have to do in order to use the Launch Control function. The cost to repair the tranny is $20,000 and Nissan won't cover it under warranty since the GT-R owner's manual states that damage to the transmission is not covered if it is proven to be the result of using Launch Control with the VDC turned off. In fact, the manual states that the only reason you should turn off VDC is for when you're rocking the vehicle because it's stuck in mud or snow. That's kind of like Nissan saying you should never use the Launch Control function despite the fact it's there.

Continue reading Carsumer Advocacy? Nissan refuses to replace GT-R owner's busted transmission

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
wow......FAIL!!!!! Seriously this warranty stuff with the gtr is so gay, fix that and the car would be golden.

and why the fuck does the tranny cost 20k???!!!
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
jandysil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the roughjandysil80 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i've said it before and i'll say it again.........fuck the gtr
jandysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
fuck 20,000! thats unbelievable

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
So... he did something knowing that the warranty wouldn't cover it?

GENIUS!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is nothing new. Warranty is there to keep the manufacturer from having to pay azzholes from destroying their product.

Now if they were refusing to cover something that was not specified in the warranty then I'd feel bad for the guy.

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
why put a feature in a car if you cant use it?

thats like saying "your car needs gas but if you put gas in it your warrantys void"

why put a feature in a car that you dont want people to use. why advertise it? fucking retarded.

and for clarification, the warranty states that if the VDC is turned off, the warranty is void. it doesnt state anything about the LC. so as soon as the VDC goes off, so does your warranty.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
why put a feature in a car if you cant use it?

thats like saying "your car needs gas but if you put gas in it your warrantys void"

why put a feature in a car that you dont want people to use. why advertise it? fucking retarded.

and for clarification, the warranty states that if the VDC is turned off, the warranty is void. it doesnt state anything about the LC. so as soon as the VDC goes off, so does your warranty.
It's not like that at all.

That's like saying it's absolutely necessary to use launch control and to turn off VDC to drive the car. It's not so much that Nissan doesn't want you to use it, it's that Nissan doesn't want to have to repair/replace parts/entire GT-Rs due to abuse.

Owners know what will void the warranty and (should) know the risks of beating on the transmission like that.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
abuse? common for a car of that caliber and for that price it should be built to handle its own technology like the launch control. Everybody knows that the warranty on the gtr is fawked up and way to strict.

a friend of mine bought an srt4 a few years back and drove the living shit out of it, needed a new tranny and countless other parts *he was an idiot driver* before the warranty was up and he got it all fixed for free. But if someone were to change the wheels on a gtr or use the launch control that comes with the car they void their warranty.

lol just realized that the gtr tranny is more expensive than my friends srt4 bought brand new LOL (thats freakin priceless)

I can understand that a company doesnt want to have to pay for a certain level of abuse but why have it there if it cant be used? I think they tempt the drivers on purpose lol so they dont have to pay for anything.

whats the point of buying a gtr if u cant use the stuff that makes it cool and if u cant push it to its potential?

side note: I would of told nissan i was stuck in the mud lol LOOPHOLE! lol jk
Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
It's pretty obvious what this owner did was blatanlty disregard the expressed warranty.
He deserves what he get's (or in this case what he doesn't get) plain and simple.

Ever own a Subaru? They have pretty retarded warranties too, but you learn to deal with them. If they have reason to believe that anything you did you your car caused the problem, then you're pretty well screwed.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
This GT-R had too much hype now its just being bashed.

Meh.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
twotoes
Zilvia Member

i understand that he voided the warranty with his actions, im just saying that the warranty is very strict and to brag about the performance capabilities of a car like nissan did and then to tell the people who buy it not to push it to its max potential or to use the cars capabilities is stupid. I guess if i was nissan i wouldnt want to pay for people breakin their shit cause they were goin balls out at a track or something but damn give the lil man a bone why dontcha lol

I never had warranty problems cause im more of a used car type of guy so maybe my views are more on the buyers side
Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

twotoes, are you saying that the GT-R is impossible to enjoy unless you have a warranty? It's not that fragile, but at the same time you can't expect everything to remain factory fresh if you're beating on it.

If you're on the "buyer's side" in this case, you're just pushing for handouts, not for companies to honor warranties.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
twotoes
Zilvia Member

im not saying that its impossible to enjoy, but pushing a car like that to its limits would be ultimate joy IMO. I understand that any car if pushed enough will break but the drivers actions werent that clearly explained he could of been raping it for weeks or launched it just a few times.

HANDOUTS FTW!!!! lol jk it just seems extreme to me that if someone messes with the shiny buttons and knobs on the dash, they might void their warranty by pressing a button and turning off the VDC. If something like that can void the warranty make it so that only a dealership or a shop can turn it off. Cause honestly how often is a gtr gonna get stuck in the mud? lol
Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
I read that thread on the gtr forum...

it totally sucks. Almost every review on youtube (I think even Jay Leno's too) tried the launch control... if its on there and almost every magazine boasts about it... its kind of hard not to want to use that feature after hearing about it so much.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #16
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

somehow I doubt he used it just once....

Old 10-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #17
twotoes
Zilvia Member

I agree, he prolly raped the shit out of it (thats what i would of done) but the fact is, using it once will void the warranty. Im not trying to defend the dudes actions just arguing the fact that the warranty is easy to void.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #18
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
cough cough *buy a corvette* cough cough.

The GT-R will be fantastic when they realize they are gay until they do some magic with that warranty.

AS cool as the GT-R is... I mean come on. WTF kind of warranty is that. Yeah, you shouldnt be able to do mods to a car like that, but seriously. If they make it possible with the stock stuff to do certain things, then why not cover it? You might as well have gone out and bought a nice Mercedes.

Last edited by SexPanda; 10-13-2008 at 10:02 PM..
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #19
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
[quote=luftrofl;2381158]It's not like that at all.quote]

you're right i should of said

"its like putting a radio in a car, but using the radio voids the warranty"

either way most people get what im saying

nissan builds a cheap supercar, flaunts all the nice features, flaunts the fancy lap time. but tells owners to baby it like a grandma driving a caddy.

you honestly dont think nissan has used the launch control? or tested it? you would have to be retarded to THINK they would release a car with a feature they have tested hundreds of times. they realised too late in the game the tranny wasnt strong enough and took a copout with the warranty to cover there asses and other financial problems it could create (replacing trannys in already built cars/more r&d for new tranny/costlier materials/delay of release/etc/warranty issues of blown trannies in already delivered cars) the tranny issue is being addressed in the v-spec so it'll be intersted to see the warrantoffered with that car, and what kind of abuse the tranny can take.

either way its a shitty situation for both parties.

yes the guy beat on the car even tho the warranty says not too.
yes nissan should of made that damn tranny bullitproof.

i know they dont want people to modify it but if the car wasnt so popular in the aftermarket to begin with, we wouldnt even have a gt-r released in the us. of course people will modify.

gt-r's with blown trannys will sell for pennies on craigslist!!!!
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #20
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I read the GT-R forums thread. The guy turned off the VDC and used the launch control 20 times. He should have done his research. He deserves it.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post

gt-r's with blown trannys will sell for pennies on craigslist!!!!
And I will be there buying them. LOL . Seriously guys that guy that turned off his VDC and used launch did not do it 3 times or 4 times. He did it constantly till the shit blew up . That's total abuse. That's like you buy a stock SR you put it in your car. Your told don't boost over stock boost without a new higher pressure fuel pump or the it could lean out and blow up. You don't put the fuel pump in you buy a boost controller and proceed to run around boosting 10 pounds on a stock KA fuel pump. Engine leans in number 4 and blows up. You go crying back to the importer and start whining when they tell you they will not honor the warranty. Why? You did not follow instructions, you did abuse it.

Its the consumers fault!

For any of you guys, to think that you need to use launch control, to enjoy the GTR? Well your shitheads if you think that.
The car drives and is freaking fast and aweseome even without the launch control engaged.

What, you want to go drag racing everyone on Public roads?

What, you want to do Formula launches all over the place?

What, are you slightly insane and asking to be locked up for exhibition of Speed?

I don't know, if any of you guys noticed lately, but they confiscate cars( crush em too!)
and lock people up for this shit these days.

If your stupid enough to not pay attention to your warranty then A: you either have the cash to pay and don't care or B: your a stupid fuck because it was all there implicit in writing.

In other words this dick fails big time and their is no argument.
The car is awesome and quite fast and enjoyable without having to engage launch control. If Nissan manages to work it out where it will not jack the trans after 20 launches great.
The funniest thing of though is all you guys whining about it, can't even afford the car to begin with so it should not matter to your asses.

When you can afford you can speak up about how you don't like it. Funny thing is, I know of People who have already purchased the cars, are quite happy with them and have not said anything about this. In other words besides this guy the biggest whiners are non owners. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-17-2008 at 02:41 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #23
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
The name of this section should be changed to "Zilvia Debate Club"

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
^^^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^^^ you're right sir^^^^^^^^^^

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #25
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

Eek, I totally did not say that, drift freaq!

Make sure you've quoted the right person
Old 10-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #26
cisco240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud ofcisco240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I look at the feature being there for you to use once your warranty has expired. Bet some people will think twice about abusing their tranny if they realize the warranty is gone and they would have to come out of pocket to replace/rebuild.
Besides, how many people bought or are looking at buying a GTR to drive it at the posted speed limit and baby the thing? Very few. The majority don't give a flying flip about warranty.
cisco240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #27
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
Eek, I totally did not say that, drift freaq!

Make sure you've quoted the right person
sorry man the way that guy quoted you messed up my quote routine I am fixing it

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco240 View Post
I look at the feature being there for you to use once your warranty has expired. Bet some people will think twice about abusing their tranny if they realize the warranty is gone and they would have to come out of pocket to replace/rebuild.
Besides, how many people bought or are looking at buying a GTR to drive it at the posted speed limit and baby the thing? Very few. The majority don't give a flying flip about warranty.
And by that sense should not give a flying flip about blowing up the tranny. I.E. if you really can afford to pay 100k for a car then you can be expected to pay for $600 tune ups and expensive repairs. If you do things you know will break major components that are very expensive well? pay the piper. Otherwise like I said before the guy is a fucking whiner and should not be spending that kind of money on a car if it bothers him so much.

Break a Lamborghini and see how much the transmission will cost or a Ferrari or Porsche. People we are talking about expensive sports and super cars here. They just are not cheap in way sense or form.

Fact is People need to realize this is not a fucking Altima coupe its a Super Car.
"OH but this is a NISSAN it should not cost that much!"

Oh but we are going to have the typical American mindset come into play. "But NIssan is a family car company" Of course I covered this in another thread.

I stated the truth and the facts and left. Why? there was nothing more to say because I used facts that proves a lot of Americans seriously delude themselves about Nissan's.

That is nothing new here its the same old shit in a different fashion.
That owner is a crybaby, an idiot and typically stupid.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #29
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I would rather spend my money on a corvette. Then I could make it more powerful, handle better, and still get better gas mileage than a GT-R, for less money then said GT-R. And no black box!

Basically im still not a fan of the GT-R.

But thats the typical american mindset.

corvette T56 tranny ($3,000) > GT-R tranny ($20,000)

Last edited by SexPanda; 10-17-2008 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: I had to corrrect some grammar.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
I would rather spend my money on a corvette. Then I could make it more powerful, handle better, and still get better gas mileage than a GT-R. And no black box!

Basically im still not a fan of the GT-R.

But thats the typical american mindset.
YOU TYPICAL AMERICAN! How dare u love grilled cheese and have an opinion like that.....personally.....I HATE YOU!

This video is for you sexpanda! and I hope u choke on it!!!!!

p.s. the guy in the gtr voids his warranty during the third race...the silver one at the end too...

( NEW) GTR R35 VS C6 Z06 - first street race.- Video

Last edited by twotoes; 10-17-2008 at 09:35 PM..