Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #31
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
lol. Very nice video. Gotta love the arabs with their oil money and cheap ass gas.

I know this may piss certain people off... But the GT-R is a show queen, and thats about it. Cars should be driven, and enjoyed. Nissan, in their infinite wisdom, has basically told us not to do anything fun in these cars. They will know when you do a launch, when you go over xxx miles an hour, when you hit the brakes too hard, when you fart, when you sneeze, when you check out the chick next to you while your wife/girlfriend is in the passenger seat, etc. Nissan has managed to take the fun out of owning a premium sports car.

and thats it. fuck the facts, fuck the figures. Nissan really shafted the owners with the GTR.
"Hey, sweet GTR! I wanna see what it can do!"
"Sorry man I cant, it'll void my warranty."
"should've bought yourself a corvette."
"Should have."

Quote:
Break a Lamborghini and see how much the transmission will cost or a Ferrari or Porsche. People we are talking about expensive sports and super cars here. They just are not cheap in way sense or form.
Lamborghini and Ferrari both have 3 year unlimited mile warranties on the drivetrain. Totally different league tho. There is an age old saying: You get what you pay for.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #32
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
omg....i predict that you will be flamed very hard for that in the near future lol! I wish u the best of luck

but then again...i also predicted mothership would be here oct. 14th so wtf do i know?
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #33
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
lol. Very nice video. Gotta love the arabs with their oil money and cheap ass gas.

I know this may piss certain people off... But the GT-R is a show queen, and thats about it. Cars should be driven, and enjoyed. Nissan, in their infinite wisdom, has basically told us not to do anything fun in these cars. They will know when you do a launch, when you go over xxx miles an hour, when you hit the brakes too hard, when you fart, when you sneeze, when you check out the chick next to you while your wife/girlfriend is in the passenger seat, etc. Nissan has managed to take the fun out of owning a premium sports car.

and thats it. fuck the facts, fuck the figures. Nissan really shafted the owners with the GTR.
"Should have."

Lamborghini and Ferrari both have 3 year unlimited mile warranties on the drivetrain. Totally different league tho. There is an age old saying: You get what you pay for.
You know what your argument might have some validity to it, but you have never driven a GTR therefor do not know how bad ass it already is!
With out voiding your warranty I might add.

Given that you're speaking out of pure ignorance of the car. Until you have actually driven one you should not even be making comments like the one you made above.

So until you say "I have actually driven a GTR and it sucks your argument is pure out and out opinion not based on actual experience and nothing more.

Oh and it does not piss me off. It just shows that you really do not know what you're talking about here.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #34
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
It happens. People get butt hurt over little things, like a disagreement over car manufacturers, or how 1 car is better than the other. Petty arguements of which no one will ever win because both parties believe they are correct.

20 grand on a transmission though, that should tell consumers something. If a car costs 80 grand, and a tranny costs 20 grand, whats that mean? There seems to be a very disproportionate part cost to total car ratio here.

Like I said, if someone is buying a car to drive it, then a corvette is one of the best choices. Parts are cheap for what they are, huge aftermarket, great performance to cost ratio, and no black box.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #35
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
guys there is more to the story and the 18year old driver who was using it.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #36
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
you guys realize turning off the traction controll is retarted as hell right? why would you want to do that just to do a stupid burnout? or use the launch control? its reatrted IMO just set all 3 settings to R mode and all will be well. with no warranty voided

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #37
twistedsymphony
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
twistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of lighttwistedsymphony is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
corvette T56 tranny ($3,000) > GT-R tranny ($20,000)
not even... I just bought a freshly rebuilt T-56 for my LS1 swap... fully loaded all sensors bellhousing, slave, etc... $1350 shipped to my doorstep.

ad for a good analogy of this warranty coverage...
it'd be like buying a pickup truck without being allowed to put anything in the bed of the truck... what's the fsking point?
twistedsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #38
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

"Should have."

BorgWarner makes the DSG for Lamborghini and the GTR.

There are many GTRs on the road and only a few with problems. I think it's safe to assume people are driving like they stole them and then bitching. Does now one remember people destroying the EVO trannys when they came out then bitching when their warranty claim didn't go through?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #39
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Does now one remember people destroying the EVO trannys when they came out then bitching when their warranty claim didn't go through?
I was just about to bring up this point as well... and the STi and WRX for that matter... any all wheel drive car, when launched hard, on a regular basis, is eventually going to grenade the tranny and it WILL NOT BE WARRANTIED. No automaker makes a production vehicle that is supposed to stand up to that kind of abuse on a regular basis.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #40
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Couple years back when lots of people were jumping to the wrx and driving them like hondas dumping the clutch hard shifting everywhere and wondering why their clutches and trannys were dumping out. The GTR is such a behemoth and monster of a car to create such buzz and remember you are buying a sub 100k super car so don't expect a golden spoon shoved into your mouth. It was awesome that nissan even pushed the envelope to release such a beast and offer it so cheap. But i guess since its a 80k NISSAN people are expecting way to much. Basically Americans don't know how to appreciate only bitch. Where else can you get supercar performance with real world practicality.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Couple years back when lots of people were jumping to the wrx and driving them like hondas dumping the clutch hard shifting everywhere and wondering why their clutches and trannys were dumping out. The GTR is such a behemoth and monster of a car to create such buzz and remember you are buying a sub 100k super car so don't expect a golden spoon shoved into your mouth. It was awesome that nissan even pushed the envelope to release such a beast and offer it so cheap. But i guess since its a 80k NISSAN people are expecting way to much. Basically Americans don't know how to appreciate only bitch. Where else can you get supercar performance with real world practicality.
This man and S14db and Dook all have it right. I in fact said the same exact thing in different words but no, everyone had to bitch and moan and say the GTR was just a piece of shit, and or overated. Its not, its fucking great. It can be driven and enjoyed without blowing shit up. Though like any car if you trash it its going to go boom. I just love how people drive their daily sports car with a modicum of sanity but the minute they pick up a GTR its drag launches all night long boooooy!

Its like if someone drove a Porsche like that constantly I guarantee it would wind up in the shop. In fact go out and observe how most Porsche drivers drive their cars. You do not see turbo owners boosting hard all over the place. Drive a car hard your going to tax it. If you tax it, it can break.

Get the fuck over it and own your responsibility in the shit. Stop being like sue happy lawyers that are costing the taxpayer money with stupid frivolous lawsuits. On and the jackass that started this shit was fucking attorney. If we did not need attorneys I would string them up by there balls cause most are slimy weasely dishonest fucks.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-22-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #42
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Its like if someone drove a Porsche like that constantly I gurantee it would wind up in the shop. In fact go out and observe how most Porsche drivers drive their cars. You do not see turbo owners boosting hard all over the place. Drive a car hard your going to tax it. If you tax it, it can break.
The 2009 911 uses the PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung). Which is based on the same gearbox as the GTR from BorgWarner. It's only a matter of time...
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #43
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone on this site that hates on the the GTR should be banned permanently.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #44
twotoes
Zilvia Member

twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Im not a fan.....

*runs and hides from the permabanlol
Old 10-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #45
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Anyone on this site that hates on the the GTR should be banned permanently.
I dont hate it... I would just rather spend 80k on something else.

ok I don't really like the styling...

YAY! Post 2000
Old 10-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
I dont hate it... I would just rather spend 80k on something else.

ok I don't really like the styling...

YAY! Post 2000
No, you are entitled to buy anything you want for $80k. The FACT of the matter is NO car for the price of a GTR can compete with it. This is a fact.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #47
MaD1337M3DRiV3r
Zilvia Junkie

MaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond reputeMaD1337M3DRiV3r has a reputation beyond repute
Reminds me of when people were blowing up the E46 M3 motors and BMWNA was like... "no way not our engines", then they did a massive recall and lowered the price of the motor itself from 13k to 8k.

If we continue to see more failures of the transmissions in the GTR Nissan will need to answer. As of right now it seems to be just one car.
MaD1337M3DRiV3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #48
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
thats why the fuck you buy a r34 for 30-40k .. where trannys are 1000 max.
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #49
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
No, you are entitled to buy anything you want for $80k. The FACT of the matter is NO car for the price of a GTR can compete with it. This is a fact.
Yeah, that may be true... But I can take a corvette, drive the hell out of it, and if something goes wrong, I can replace it myself for only a few grand, depending on what it is.

And Vodka2... I doubt many people will want to buy an outdated, used japanese coupe for 50 grand. Some people will, but not many. FOr 50 grand, get a g35, turbo charge it, add some coilovers, and you have a car that'll rape an r34.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #50
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka2 View Post
thats why the fuck you buy a r34 for 30-40k .. where trannys are 1000 max.
and then pay the exact same price over to make it legal in the us
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #51
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I see the consumer standpoint. Why offer something that would temporarily enhance the performance of a car but if it is used would destroy the transmission and void the warranty?

Nissan should develop a beefier tranny and delete the launch control feature until a stronger tranny is available.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #52
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
My interest in the GT-R has pretty much died out...until the V Spec or whatever the hell they plan on calling it comes out, that is. And I still haven't seen one of these fucking things on the road yet.

But anyways...

I've tried to stay neutral with the whole Vette vs. GT-R pissing match but to be honest, I've made up my mind and I'd rather have a Vette. Yeah I'm sure the GT-R can do this and that but it's all for peace of mind...and the fact that I've been craving for something with a V8 lately. And no, I'm not the type that's gonna launch the shit out of it but don't expect me to drive it like granny either. Besides, fuck buying a new model in the first year. I'd rather wait 2-3 years. I'm in no rush.

Not that I can afford either one but that's besides the point. Just saying.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #53
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
I see the consumer standpoint. Why offer something that would temporarily enhance the performance of a car but if it is used would destroy the transmission and void the warranty?

Nissan should develop a beefier tranny and delete the launch control feature until a stronger tranny is available.

Makes sense to me, u said it perfect dude.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #54
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoes View Post
Makes sense to me, u said it perfect dude.
Word is they(Nissan) are actually doing that already(beefing the trans up). Oh and to all those that laud the Vette. I have nothing against C6's they are bad ass cars.

Except one thing. Its today's GM a GM while doing things a bit better still is not known for the quality they once were.

In fact I know a lot of shops and mechanics that will tell you,if your going to own a Vette own it the first two years and get rid of it. I.E. Outside of the drivetrain (which is rock solid) they fall apart. This is not something I have heard from just one shop or mechanic either.

FWIW I still believe the GTR overall is a better build quality than anything GM builds today. If your not constantly launching I am sure the transmission holds up fine.
Oh and like someone else said it only seems to be one person who has managed to blow the trans up, if it were a ton of people then it would be an issue.
I honestly think the Anti Nissan camp aka haters and naysayers are just looking for anything they can trumpet as wrong.
Face it people, regardless of how you feel, if the car was not badass there would not be this much debate and talk about it.

Shit cars do not come out and then become talk of the automotive world by being shit. Seriously you never saw people debating whether the Original Hyundai Elantra was a piece of shit or not. LOL I
t was a piece of shit it was recognized as that. They fell apart and Hyundai went to work improving their quality.
This is not the case here.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #55
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Word is they(Nissan) are actually doing that already(beefing the trans up). Oh and to all those that laud the Vette. I have nothing against C6's they are bad ass cars.

Except one thing. Its today's GM a GM while doing things a bit better still is not known for the quality they once were.

In fact I know a lot of shops and mechanics that will tell you,if your going to own a Vette own it the first two years and get rid of it. I.E. Outside of the drivetrain (which is rock solid) they fall apart. This is not something I have heard from just one shop or mechanic either.

FWIW I still believe the GTR overall is a better build quality than anything GM builds today. If your not constantly launching I am sure the transmission holds up fine.
Oh and like someone else said it only seems to be one person who has managed to blow the trans up, if it were a ton of people then it would be an issue.
I honestly think the Anti Nissan camp aka haters and naysayers are just looking for anything they can trumpet as wrong.
Face it people, regardless of how you feel, if the car was not badass there would not be this much debate and talk about it.

Shit cars do not come out and then become talk of the automotive world by being shit. Seriously you never saw people debating whether the Original Hyundai Elantra was a piece of shit or not. LOL I
t was a piece of shit it was recognized as that. They fell apart and Hyundai went to work improving their quality.
This is not the case here.
You know how many people have been screwed by GM ? no matter how much their quality has improved - people will not buy from them and that is a growing trend - people would much rather put their money into a solid car as a Honda, Toyota or etc. To top it off I don’t approve of Rick wagner's $20,000,000 annual salary meanwhile the workers of GM who are the people that keep the place running are generally getting screwed on a daily basis.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #56
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Word is they(Nissan) are actually doing that already(beefing the trans up).

Hey thats cool man. Nothin wrong with improvement no matter how good the car already is.

Actually i just watched a few vids that might have given me a mind change on the new gt-r So i might seem more and more optimistic about the car from now on which is cool.

SNIP
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #57
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:

good points. And yeah, vettes do kinda... shake them selves apart, ive seen it. But I would know how to prevent that, unlike many owners... And I agree, Chevy( along with most other american car companies... well the other 2 i should say), beginning in the mid to late 70's, started to go to shit. Thats when foreign companies began to come into play huge, especially with the fuel crisis, and people were like "oh shit my 240z handles better than my corvette, has enough balls, and gets better mpg then any of my cars"

and Good job for nissan beefing up the tranny. I will never buy a new new model. I'll always wait for the 2nd or 3rd year so that any little bugs can get worked out.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #58
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Damn you are all a bunch of homos. If people beat the shit out of the tranny, its gonna fuck up. Why would you EXPECT the dealer to pay for your fuck up. And the GTR has a damn black box in it. They will figure out where you went wrong. I mean if it broke on its own then im sure they will replace it. but you know the driver beat the shit out of his car and expected a freebee. Stop hating on the NISSAN because of their warranty.

FUCK we drive some old ass cars for christs sake. Who are we to say shit about nissan when we cant even afford to keep our cars on the road all the time. The world is not about freebees or giveaways. Dont be stupid and shit like this woudlnt happen.

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #59
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoes View Post
wow......FAIL!!!!! Seriously this warranty stuff with the gtr is so gay, fix that and the car would be golden.

and why the fuck does the tranny cost 20k???!!!
I bet 2/3 of that number is labor. Aren't there only a handful of people in the US that are qualified to actually do warranty/repairs on those cars for Nissan?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #60
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
I bet 2/3 of that number is labor. Aren't there only a handful of people in the US that are qualified to actually do warranty/repairs on those cars for Nissan?
about the labour part, I guarantee your right. About the techs... Your prolly right, although I cant say so myself.

Perhaps I jumped the gun with all the things I've said about the gt-r now that I think about it. Sure, its a fantastic car for 80 g's, and yeah if you abuse a tranny and it goes out, too bad its on you. Every car has its faults. The Vette does like to tear its self a new one after a while... I've seen it.

But still, its there, and you're not supposed to use it. That part still gets me. Why not just remove the feature all together? It'd cut down on the number of people being stupid i'm sure.