Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Yes, again: Nissan rumored to be reviving 240SX, bringing it to the U.S.

12-11-2009 12:26 PM

Filed under: Coupe, Japan, Nissan, Rumormill

Nissan Foria Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery

Nissan's plans to revive the 240SX (Silvia in JDM parlance) has almost become a running joke, right up there with the fake moon landing and Tom Cruise's heterosexuality. But still, this old chestnut carries forth, with a new report from Insideline's editor in Japan who says the coupe's revival is due to hit the market sometime in 2011 or 2012.

Details, per usual, are both scarce and obvious. The next-generation Silvia will supposedly be built atop Nissan's popular FM platform (370Z, Infiniti G, etc.), come in a 2+2 seating configuration and tip the scales around 2,800 pounds. Naturally, as the S15's successor, it will be a front-engine, rear-drive setup, and is rumored to be packing a turbocharged 1.8-liter inline-four putting out around 200 horsepower. A naturally aspirated variant will also be available to keep the cost of entry low, but the turbo'd model is obviously the pick of the litter and should deliver a 0-60 time of between six and seven seconds.

IL's man in Japan points to the Nissan Foria concept (shown above) as the stylistic inspiration, but notes that the coupe would only be "loosely based" on the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show concept. Judging by Nissan's recent design endeavors, we doubt the Foria -- or as previously rumored, the Urge concept -- will be a heavy influence on this supposed Silvia revival.

Although we're all for more budget-oriented FR sports cars, the popularity of the Toyota FT-86 is sure to be a factor in Nissan's decision to bring the 240SX back to life. That, coupled with the unknown demand for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe (Hyundai doesn't break out Genesis Sedan from Coupe sales in its monthly reports) makes the proposition of a new 2+2 from Nissan even more hazy. So until we hear something solid from Ghosn and Company, we'll resume our normal respiration routine.

Gallery: Nissan Fiora Concept

[Source: Insideline]Yes, again: Nissan rumored to be reviving 240SX, bringing it to the U.S. originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:26:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am hoping to see silvias in the future... S16 possibly?

nissan can not stop making silvias, cause after all there is a lot of them out there and ppl are still buying the S-chassis every where around the world. so come on Nissan don't let us down!!!
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
rotas13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
rotas13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If that thing is the new 240sx.....kill me now. I would not drive that in a million years! What a shit box
Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
if you went on to read the article, it would say loosely based off of. which means that's not it.

IL's man in Japan points to the Nissan Foria concept (shown above) as the stylistic inspiration, but notes that the coupe would only be "loosely based" on the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show concept. Judging by Nissan's recent design endeavors, we doubt the Foria -- or as previously rumored, the Urge concept -- will be a heavy influence on this supposed Silvia revival.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
shits hideous i think..
nismo 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
DISCLAIMER: I know this is a prototype design model thing or whatever... Lay off my suggestions lol

The overall "shape" isnt too bad. A little bulky, but not too bad. Reminds me a little of an S13. But loose the goofy cadillac grill, maybe de-bulk the looks it a little, the rear needs to be a tad bit longer IMO, and for god's sake... loose the RX8 3rd doors. Please. I hope to god it doesnt have 4 doors. Please don't let it have 4 doors.

They're going to want this to compete with the likes of the genesis coupe, the Miata, scion TC, and the upcomming toyobaru. I doubt they're going to use too many design keys from this concept on the production model. Look for a sportier shape, with a few more angles and sharp edges, a more agressive front fascia, and hopefully 2 doors.

Last edited by SexPanda; 12-14-2009 at 12:52 AM..
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
If it was going to be out by 2011, I would assume it would already be in the pipeline and we would know. I doubt it's going to happen.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
fos240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
fos240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fos240 Send a message via Yahoo to fos240
yeah, me no likey.

frankie
fos240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
eddieflo
Leaky Injector

eddieflo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to eddieflo
It looks like an FM chassis camaro, lol. I hope they wouldnt bring back a silvia/240sx on the FM chassis, because its already a bunch of cars! It buggs me that the GT-R has basically the same skeleton as the Z... doesn't that make it almost the same car? which would make the maxima the 4-door version of the 2.... simultaneously making it the same as an altima???? ugh.... plus they all have VQ's.... damn

someone please correct me if im wrong...

Wastelandfresh.tumblr.com & soundcloud.com/eddieflo
eddieflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Wish it would look like this.

(Repost this in every S16 discussion, for Nissan to see.)
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
I agree with you matej, completely.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
ghettoSi

ghettoSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Ugly as all hell.
ghettoSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #13
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
I 2nd Matej's motion

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #14
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
3rd, I would buy if it looked like that
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #15
Jacob'S13
BANNED

Jacob'S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
POS.

msgtlgth
Jacob'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #16
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
that car looks like a damn ford fusion
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #17
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im with Matej on this one
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #18
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotas13 View Post
If that thing is the new 240sx.....kill me now. I would not drive that in a million years! What a shit box

Agree...I honestly hope it looks nothing like that

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #19
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaBot View Post
UGH! people! learn to read! the pictured shown is the Foria which if i remember correctly is basically a revival of the 60's Silvia. And the Urge is the the style of platform they are shooting for.

if they bring it back based more off of this style almost all the 240sx enthusiasts would rejoice!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #20
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I am all for this

But it will never happen people. it would kill the sales of the new 370z which competes against cars twice the price. Nissan will never jeopardize the sales of cars they have already spent money on tooling.

Last edited by blu808; 12-12-2009 at 03:49 AM..
blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #21
treezzy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ew not JDM !
treezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #22
jza240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
jza240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

i would sell my car asap to buy this one
jza240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #23
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
lol @ the posts of people who haven't read.

me, bring it back!
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
s14canyoncity
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
s14canyoncity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:

if it looked like that im sure the price will be more than a 370z or same
Old 12-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14canyoncity View Post
if it looked like that im sure the price will be more than a 370z or same
which pretty much means they would not make it or it would be an Infiniti and cost more.

Seriously guys put down the crack pipe. The rendering that dorki did was his fantasy of what he thought they should make it look like. The Fiora was a concept car on Nissan's part. Nissan has never actually built any of their concept cars. If they had they would have had the Ferrari like Supercar market sown up back in the late 80's with the Mid 4.
They do sometimes take design cues from their concepts. There are design cues in the 180sx that are straight out of the first Mid 4 concept. Now will they take cues from the Fiora? Most likely not. Reason being is they are not doing anything retro in the lineup and they have alread seen what the competition is doing.

Expect the car to be along the lines of a Urge and more than likely a shortened Z.

Do not think Nissan would design anything that would be so hot and less than the Z to damage Z sales. It is just not going to happen.

So stop smoking that crack.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #26
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Nissan never did sell the s15 in the U.S. Why not just sell that chassis here and for emission purposes drop a VQ and problem solved, we would have a 240 which looks good and packs decent amount of power. If u ask me, the new cars coming it, are obese as fuck, just look at the new corolla, that shit is almost as big as the camry hahahaha, in a few more years you won't need a camry
Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #27
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:

Yes yes yes win!
TPS240sxS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by second_chanceS14 View Post
Nissan never did sell the s15 in the U.S. Why not just sell that chassis here and for emission purposes drop a VQ and problem solved, we would have a 240 which looks good and packs decent amount of power. If u ask me, the new cars coming it, are obese as fuck, just look at the new corolla, that shit is almost as big as the camry hahahaha, in a few more years you won't need a camry
They would be hard pressed to just build the S15 again and bring it over. Production costs were to high on the car for the price point. On top of that the S chassis factory that it came out of is now shut down. No more S chassis form factor as we knew it. FM chassis is current.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #29
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:

ill be happy as long at it looks like that ^^^^^
dont matter on what chassis its on..pure sex
nismo 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
There are design cues in the 180sx that are straight out of the first Mid 4 concept.
I totally agree with you. It's too late for Nissan to release that S15/G37 coupe love-child looking car (as georgeous as it is). They're already starting to move away from that design language. I think the next Silvia will have visual cues from the Essence instead.

I also think Nissan won't have the Z and the Silvia on sale at the same time. By the time we get a new Silvia, it should probably be about 2012/2013. By that time, it should be time for the current Z to be wrapping up it's production and leaving the market for a little while to make room for the Silvia...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote