Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #31
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that matej model is sooo sexy ..
like the dude up there said .. nissan will not jeopardize the 370z if they make this ..
they spent hella money tooling the Z's ..
Old 12-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #32
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I also think Nissan won't have the Z and the Silvia on sale at the same time

i see where you logic is going with this statement...but if nissan really wanted to they could have the 2 platforms out at the same time...i mean they had the z32 from 90-96, and the s chassis from 89-98 *shrug* i think if the market shows a strong enough demand then the 370z and a cheaper s-chassis replacement will be sold side by side again. hell i think the altima coupe is pretty nice looking, all they's have to do is make it rwd.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #33
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Sil4ty View Post
that matej model is sooo sexy ..
like the dude up there said .. nissan will not jeopardize the 370z if they make this ..
they spent hella money tooling the Z's ..
that is not Matej's model. Dorkidori did that. Its also completely fantasy and does not meet current Nissan design language. Nissan does have the room to sell both cars at once and fact is a Silvia should never take away from the sales of a Fairlady.

The only reason the 180sx did that when was on sale in Japan was because Z32 had become a GT sports car and was no longer true to the design language of Fairlady Roadsters or Fairlady 240Z's. The 350 and 370 returned to that design language and concept.
When Nissan releases a 240sx/180sx/Silvia replacement they will make sure not to make a direct competitor to the Z marketing wise. i.e it will not upstage it.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
This is how I personally see it working out

Z car: Grown up sports car. around 30 grand, not really available to most people under, say, 25. 300+ hp, 2 seater, 25mpg.

240sx/silvia/whatever replacement. look for 19-23 grand. Thats easier for the <25 crowd to afford. look for under 200hp base (155ish is what I think they'd do, honestly), 35+mpg, excellent handling, good safty ratings, new nissan design.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
This is how I personally see it working out

Z car: Grown up sports car. around 30 grand, not really available to most people under, say, 25. 300+ hp, 2 seater, 25mpg.

240sx/silvia/whatever replacement. look for 19-23 grand. Thats easier for the <25 crowd to afford. look for under 200hp base (155ish is what I think they'd do, honestly), 35+mpg, excellent handling, good safty ratings, new nissan design.
I would say those would be pertty spot on except you left out the fact that a 370 is an excellent handling car already and winning races.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #36
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I would say those would be pertty spot on except you left out the fact that a 370 is an excellent handling car already and winning races.
lol oops. Well, it was implied lol. But people are looking forward to something SR-ish... I doubt it.

I'd like to see someone shoop that concept into a real coupe, black.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #37
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Only thing I wish for Nissan to do.

Start making S15's again, and redesign it to LHD and start selling in US.

That is all.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 AM   #38
SexPanda
Post Whore!

^Itd be nice... but it'll never happen. I'd like Toyota to start making the classic '77 Celica GT again... But they wont.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #39
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
honestly I don't mind the concept at all.
looks almost like a modern datsun 510 (if it only it were a conventional 4-door).
it has a mellow-sleeper look that doesn't call too much attention.
could even be the new male hair-dresser's car.
could be a welcome alternative to the Miata.

the presumed technical specs (1.8l turbo, rwd, lightweight) are all decent.
it might not be a killer car in stock form,
but it seems like it wouldn't be such a bad platform to build a race/modded performance car.
it's not so outlandish it couldn't happen.

keep it within the low 20k's, and it could be a hit.

it could have been much worse.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:23 AM   #40
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
hmm...the s15 silvia spec r sold for 2,400,000yen at that time and yen was 115 to 120 to 1 dollar.
if they have to remake that car again in Japan keep in mind the heavy import tax and the yen is now less then 90 to 1 dollar.
so it would be close to $27k to $30k usd range.
another word the only way to bring down that price is to make it a N/A 4 banger and made in usa, then it would be lower then 25k usd.
I'm sure Nissan Japan will make the S16, coming to USA would be slim chance.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #41
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's my rendering based off the Essence concept. I like the shape of this much better then the Floria concept.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #42
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
that's not bad.
the face reminds me of a friendly whale.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #43
562nissan
Zilvia Member

562nissan is an unknown quantity at this point
The 240sx was forced on NNA by NML who wanted the 240sx to be a global model. NNA did not want the vehicle because there was no market for the vehicle and the sales only proved their point.

The 370Z is available in mutliple trim levels; base, roadster and Nismo to hit each customer demographic. Bringing out another sports car when Nissan's to biggest competitors Toyota and Honda currently do not offer a sports car, would only put Nissan at more of risk.
562nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Here's another article from Edmund's Inside Line:

TOKYO — With all the media buzz surrounding Toyota's FT-86 and Honda's CR-Z lately, Nissan, which considers itself the preeminent Japanese sports-car maker, is planning to strike back with an all-new version of the 240SX. After getting the proverbial axe in 2002, the 240SX (we call it the Silvia here) will feature styling and packaging loosely based on the Foria concept car that was shown at the 2005 Tokyo Auto Show.

The next 240SX will be built on a shortened version of Nissan's FR-L platform, the same one used for the 370Z and Infiniti G sedan, meaning that the power will be transferred to the rear wheels.

The resurrected 240SX front-engine/rear-drive 2+2 coupe will retain its predecessor's image (the S15) as Nissan's entry-level performance car. The engine is expected to come in the form of a 1.8-liter turbocharged inline-4 with about 200 horsepower. There also may be a naturally aspirated power plant added to the mix, one that will cater to the bargain hunters. We hear that the car will tip the scales around 2,800 pounds, so expect 0-60-mph times in the 6-7-second range.

Plenty of options will be offered, including a flamboyant body kit.

That the new 240SX will be a popular tuner car is a given, so don't be surprised to see 300- to 400-hp conversions (or more) soon after the car is introduced in 2011 or 2012. As for price, we haven't heard much, but expect it to be right on top of the FT-86 and next-generation Mazda MX-5.

Inside Line says: With hot models like the FT-86 and CR-Z on the horizon, Nissan needs the new 240SX to remain competitive in the entry-level performance car segment. — Mak Tokuyama, Correspondent

The Return of the Nissan 240SX

Last edited by usdm180sx; 12-16-2009 at 12:03 AM..
usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #45
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Is it that much of a risk?
I don't think so.

It's just a concept so far, without solid plans.
As mentioned prior, I think Nissan is allowing Hyundai & (tentatively) Toyota to take the first step to test that market of cheaper rwd cars.

If it doesn't intrude too far into the 370z budget,
It would be a good supplement to Nissan's existing lineup.
Plus, it's not like $30k (base new Z price), plus insurance, mpg, etc is affordable for all.
Bringing in a cheaper, more practical rwd alternative would appeal to a wider audience imo.

I'm optimistic at this point Nissan will do well.
I also think they would be able to execute a $20k rwd turbo car much better than Toyota & Nissan.
(or at least I prefer Nissan's past efforts moreso than Toyota's)
Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
We've all discussed this to DEATH over the last few years. Mostly in the http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...pe-thread.html thread.

There is plenty of room for this car to slot into Nissan's line-up. If it is going effect any sales it would be the Altima coupe which will be closer in price. The Altima coupe currently doesn't even cut into the Z's sales. Which it shouldn't because it's only similar in the sense that it is a coupe.

IMO the way they need to market the new SX is to make it low HP, light, and inexpensive. Alsmost exactly what Toyota's formula is with the FT86.

Price wise it needs to start at $19,900, and option out at $26-$27k. Maxed out that should be with lsd, nav (if they make that an option which I think Nissan would with their inexpensive NAV options they are going with in the future), Aero, leather, etc etc. A sport/track model should be around $23-$25k. That is the sweet spot.

HP should be around 200-240 dpeending on weight. If the thing weighs in at 2500lbs (I know that's a long shot) then 200hp wouldn't be that bad.

This car wouldn't even come close to cutting into the Z's sales at that point.

Plus the SX should be more of a barebones "sports" car to further differentiate itself from the Altima Coupe and Z.

Look, I'm no industry expert but once you break it down there's plenty of room for all three cars to exist if they are marketed right and they all stand out as different entities. Which I think Nissan has the ability to do correctly.

And lets not forget, when the SX originally came here Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. They are FAR from that now which only proves they have the capability to pull this off.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #47
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
We've all discussed this to DEATH over the last few years. Mostly in the http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/1...pe-thread.html thread.

There is plenty of room for this car to slot into Nissan's line-up. If it is going effect any sales it would be the Altima coupe which will be closer in price. The Altima coupe currently doesn't even cut into the Z's sales. Which it shouldn't because it's only similar in the sense that it is a coupe.

IMO the way they need to market the new SX is to make it low HP, light, and inexpensive. Alsmost exactly what Toyota's formula is with the FT86.

Price wise it needs to start at $19,900, and option out at $26-$27k. Maxed out that should be with lsd, nav (if they make that an option which I think Nissan would with their inexpensive NAV options they are going with in the future), Aero, leather, etc etc. A sport/track model should be around $23-$25k. That is the sweet spot.

HP should be around 200-240 dpeending on weight. If the thing weighs in at 2500lbs (I know that's a long shot) then 200hp wouldn't be that bad.

This car wouldn't even come close to cutting into the Z's sales at that point.

Plus the SX should be more of a barebones "sports" car to further differentiate itself from the Altima Coupe and Z.

Look, I'm no industry expert but once you break it down there's plenty of room for all three cars to exist if they are marketed right and they all stand out as different entities. Which I think Nissan has the ability to do correctly.

And lets not forget, when the SX originally came here Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy. They are FAR from that now which only proves they have the capability to pull this off.
Well said Mel, in fact I cannot really ad much. Except to say that I think it will happen and I don't think it will have as much HP as a lot of people are dreaming for. I peg HP estimate at 170-200.
I honestly expect the FT 86 to come out a lot worse than the concept and it to be much heavier. I.E. no faith in Toyota as far as sports cars are concerned.

Hell, even the Hyundai, is proving to be a ugly, not as great as you all thought it was going to be fail, in my opinion.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-16-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #48
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Well said Mel, in fact I cannot really ad much. Except to say that I think it will happen and I don't think it will have as much HP as a lot of people are dreaming for. I peg HP estimate at 170-200.
I honestly expect the FT 86 to come out a lot worse than the concept and it to be much heavier. I.E. no faith in Toyota as far as sports cars are concerned.

Hell even the Hyundai is proving to be a ugly not as great as you all thought it was going to be fail in my opinion.
I agree on the HP aspect. I can see them coming out with the SX topping out at 200hp. 200 would be the sweet spot for me. I don't care about 0-60 and quarter mile times. Even if it just ran a high 14 I'd be happy in that department. My 3rd Gen Eclipse had 200 hp and weighed around 2900lbs and I was able to get into the 14's easily. Again though a department that doesn't make that much of a difference to me. But if this thing could weight 2600-2700lbs and have 200hp it would be mighty fun.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #49
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Sadly cars are heavier these days because of all the electronics, safety equipment and insulation. How much does the Genesis 2.0 turbo weigh??

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #50
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Sadly cars are heavier these days because of all the electronics, safety equipment and insulation. How much does the Genesis 2.0 turbo weigh??
Yeah we all know that, but look at the current gen Miata. It only weighs 2400lbs. Plus Nissan announced (a couple years ago now) that one of it's main goals was to reduce weight and stop making cars bigger every generation.

Nissan has the engineering prowess to make a lightweight car with low HP.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #51
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I wouldn't be too fixated on weight alone.
manufacturers have done wonders that would more or less negate the handling/braking.
power figures, I could care less as long as it's turbo.

bottom line is that it's going to be delivered by a company that's proven itself.
that means a lot more than specs alone imo.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #52
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
They would be hard pressed to just build the S15 again and bring it over. Production costs were to high on the car for the price point. On top of that the S chassis factory that it came out of is now shut down. No more S chassis form factor as we knew it. FM chassis is current.
ah, i c thanks for clearing that up
Old 12-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #53
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
the Hyundai Genesis 2.0 turbo weighs 3294 lbs, not too bad if you think about it, it's about the same size as a G37 and definitely bigger than any s-chassis.

Sure Nissan has that awesome 370Z for their RWD sports car but like many of you guys said, it's expensive and catered more towards middle-aged people that couldn't decide whether to get a BMW or a Mercedes(for the most part). Nissan needs to make a low 2X,000 dollar priced RWD platform around 3,000lbs that will seat 4 people to compete with the 2.0 turbo Genesis. If that FT-86 comes out within the next few years I'd say Nissan will DEFINITELY produce something that will precede the s-chassis
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #54
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
the Hyundai Genesis 2.0 turbo weighs 3294 lbs, not too bad if you think about it, it's about the same size as a G37 and definitely bigger than any s-chassis.

Sure Nissan has that awesome 370Z for their RWD sports car but like many of you guys said, it's expensive and catered more towards middle-aged people that couldn't decide whether to get a BMW or a Mercedes(for the most part). Nissan needs to make a low 2X,000 dollar priced RWD platform around 3,000lbs that will seat 4 people to compete with the 2.0 turbo Genesis. If that FT-86 comes out within the next few years I'd say Nissan will DEFINITELY produce something that will precede the s-chassis
Ah you really are showing that you don't know what your talking about. The Z is not that expensive at 30k in fact you can get them below that. I would also say that if you think its catering to middle aged people you are clueless. It caters to people that what a good sports car that performs well for a reasonable price in comparision to the cost of Porsches and whatnot.
On top of that the car that Nissan pushes towards the BMW Mercedes crowd is the G35/G37 not the 350 or the 370. Get your facts straight if you're going to make this argument.

Oh wait you will probably say a Porsche caters to middle aged people as well because of its price? Get a clue. Just because you cannot afford a Z does not mean its catering to a older crowd.

Now on the other side for the money you spend on a Genesis you could buy a used 350 for half the price and it will be just as nice and pretty much a better car.

So that argument flies out the window as well. Unless you just want to buy a ugly car that weighs the same but cost almost twice as much as a used 350 at this time.

Now getting back on to the topic, Nissan does not need to compete with the Genesis. Its not selling that well its not setting records. Its not that amazing. Nissan will produce a 240sx/Silvia replacement because they feel its needed for the market segment.
The FT86 will prod them into this long before they worry about anything Hyundai produces. LOL

Oh and your 4 seater comment LOL give me a break. Our cars may have 4 seats but they hardly qualify as 4 seater. Rear seats that do not fit more than small children do not count as a true 4 seater.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #55
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
socal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It doesn't matter cause people on here will find a way to make it look like anal crust.
socal_kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #56
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I wouldn't be too fixated on weight alone.
manufacturers have done wonders that would more or less negate the handling/braking.
power figures, I could care less as long as it's turbo.

bottom line is that it's going to be delivered by a company that's proven itself.
that means a lot more than specs alone imo.
This is a very good point to bring up. What Nissan has done with the GTR is an absolute engineering marvel. If you read tests drives and comparo's of the GTR still the media is blow away by the fact the the GTR performs as well as it does considering it's weight. It literally defies the laws of physics.

I want these guys designing my next RWD car.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #57
562nissan
Zilvia Member

562nissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking at the base model MSRP's of the current Nissan line up where would the new 240sx fit in that would not canabilize another current vehicle? The Z is in the perfect place to compete with what ever Toyota and Honda decide to bring to market. Wishing for a 240sx near 20K is not going to happen. The 97-98 Kouki's were not far from that over a decade ago. Believe me I like to dream to, but its not going to happen.

**These MSRP's do not include the $800 destination charge.

Model Base Price
Versa$9,990.00
Cube$13,990.00
Sentra$15,420.00
Frontier$17,540.00
Altima$19,900.00
Rogue$20,340.00
Alt Coupe$22,440.00
370z$29,930.00
Xterra$22,450.00
Titan$26,320.00
Pathfinder$27,440.00
Murano$27,680.00
Maxima$30,460.00
Armada$37,210.00
562nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #58
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562nissan View Post
Looking at the base model MSRP's of the current Nissan line up where would the new 240sx fit in that would not canabilize another current vehicle? The Z is in the perfect place to compete with what ever Toyota and Honda decide to bring to market. Wishing for a 240sx near 20K is not going to happen. The 97-98 Kouki's were not far from that over a decade ago. Believe me I like to dream to, but its not going to happen.

**These MSRP's do not include the $800 destination charge.

Model Base Price
Versa$9,990.00
Cube$13,990.00
Sentra$15,420.00
Frontier$17,540.00
Altima$19,900.00
Rogue$20,340.00
Alt Coupe$22,440.00
370z$29,930.00
Xterra$22,450.00
Titan$26,320.00
Pathfinder$27,440.00
Murano$27,680.00
Maxima$30,460.00
Armada$37,210.00
You fail to realize that everything under 29k from Nissan is FWD. In other words a RWD car in the 20k would not cannibalize any thing as its a complete different market segment. Most people buying FWD cars do not even think about RWD. So it would not affect the Altima coupe at all and that would be the only car it could possibly effect. Oh and honestly I do not think Altima coupe sales are so great that it would matter as well. So your argument fails.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #59
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Ah you really are showing that you don't know what your talking about. The Z is not that expensive at 30k in fact you can get them below that. I would also say that if you think its catering to middle aged people you are clueless. It caters to people that what a good sports car that performs well for a reasonable price in comparision to the cost of Porsches and whatnot.
On top of that the car that Nissan pushes towards the BMW Mercedes crowd is the G35/G37 not the 350 or the 370. Get your facts straight if you're going to make this argument.

Oh wait you will probably say a Porsche caters to middle aged people as well because of its price? Get a clue. Just because you cannot afford a Z does not mean its catering to a older crowd.

Now on the other side for the money you spend on a Genesis you could buy a used 350 for half the price and it will be just as nice and pretty much a better car.

So that argument flies out the window as well. Unless you just want to buy a ugly car that weighs the same but cost almost twice as much as a used 350 at this time.

Now getting back on to the topic, Nissan does not need to compete with the Genesis. Its not selling that well its not setting records. Its not that amazing. Nissan will produce a 240sx/Silvia replacement because they feel its needed for the market segment.
The FT86 will prod them into this long before they worry about anything Hyundai produces. LOL

Oh and your 4 seater comment LOL give me a break. Our cars may have 4 seats but they hardly qualify as 4 seater. Rear seats that do not fit more than small children do not count as a true 4 seater.
MSRP for a 2009 350z is in the 30's I don't care if you can get them for lower than that, I'm just looking at numbers.

You live in hollywood, look at 80 percent of the people driving these cars and I guarantee you that they are over the age of 28. The kids that do own one are driving ones that are at least 5 years old. This thread is about NEW cars, not used cars. Sure you can get an older 350z for way cheaper I figured that much.

For the most part I'd say a porsche and other cars that are in the 30's and 40's in price are catered more towards the middle aged crowd cuz well, that's who has the money to buy them. Wake up and smell the coffee bro, there are a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds running around in 20 thousand dollar srt-4's, wrx's, civic SI's but not very many driving around in a brand new 370/g37 or at least a porsche for that much lmao..you think infiniti has ass warmers in their seats so the 21 year olds will buy their car? lol

I don't know how the Genesis will sell but the fact is, Hyundai produced a somewhat light-er turbocharged RWD platform for around 22K. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Hyundai was trying to produce something along the lines of the silvia would be in competition IF Nissan decided to produce another 240/silvia.

and s-chassis's are 4 seaters...that's a fact, just because you can't comfortably fit anything larger than an infant baby back there doesn't mean they AREN'T 4 seaters.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #60
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
MSRP for a 2009 350z is in the 30's I don't care if you can get them for lower than that, I'm just looking at numbers.

You live in hollywood, look at 80 percent of the people driving these cars and I guarantee you that they are over the age of 28. The kids that do own one are driving ones that are at least 5 years old. This thread is about NEW cars, not used cars. Sure you can get an older 350z for way cheaper I figured that much.

For the most part I'd say a porsche and other cars that are in the 30's and 40's in price are catered more towards the middle aged crowd cuz well, that's who has the money to buy them. Wake up and smell the coffee bro, there are a bunch of teenagers/20 year olds running around in 20 thousand dollar srt-4's, wrx's, civic SI's but not very many driving around in a brand new 370/g37 or at least a porsche for that much lmao..you think infiniti has ass warmers in their seats so the 21 year olds will buy their car? lol

I don't know how the Genesis will sell but the fact is, Hyundai produced a somewhat light-er turbocharged RWD platform for around 22K. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Hyundai was trying to produce something along the lines of the silvia would be in competition IF Nissan decided to produce another 240/silvia.

and s-chassis's are 4 seaters...that's a fact, just because you can't comfortably fit anything larger than an infant baby back there doesn't mean they AREN'T 4 seaters.
LOL the man from Hesperia thinks he knows what 20 somethings drive in Hollywood. LOL You are the clueless one and I do not need to wake up and smell the coffee. 25-35 does not constitute middle age, and believe me there are a lot of them here driving even more expensive cars than 370's . Sorry you live in bum fuck no where but you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to my area or the bay area for that fact.

New Video
Buy my mounts!