Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Robocop (2014)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeSfnIT_Bw

I'm still kinda iffy on this. The black suit does look nice tho.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I saw one comment about how they more or less raided the batman parts bin and came up with Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton and a suit that bears some resemblance to the batsuit. I kinda see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Daft Punks "Get Lucky" plays on my head every time I see that picture.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
can only hope it isn't PG13
HyperTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
yay, bi/trillion dollars corporations... detroit's future looks alive, again.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
BoredEE
Leaky Injector

BoredEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks too "emotional" robocop films are supposed to be witty and visceral not emotional

Also the first few seconds of the trailer look like they were stolen from Dredd

Hell the black paint job even makes him look like Dredd

Last edited by BoredEE; 09-06-2013 at 10:35 PM..
BoredEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i believe it is pg13....
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
His arm/hand bugs me :0/
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Yet another remake?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Another tech savy, mind numbing, 2 hours of shoot em up awesome. I'm sold. lol

If you guys are really hoping for plot depth in a remake, you're kidding yourselves. The original RoboCops were cheesy and lame and you know it. AND we loved every bit. This will be the same....only with better special effects and costume design. I actually like the idea of him being more human in this one and the "emotional" aspect of it. Lets be real, its a lot more plausible than the original with him surviving ROUNDS of close range shotgun and handgun shells, being twiddled down a carcass and then basically being transformed into a robot with a face who's only humanity consists of short vine-like video play backs that HE himself cant even make sense of.
Instagram: @rjsladerade

Last edited by revat619; 09-07-2013 at 01:37 AM..
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
7x13
Leaky Injector

7x13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Another tech savy, mind numbing, 2 hours of shoot em up awesome. I'm sold. lol

If you guys are really hoping for plot depth in a remake, you're kidding yourselves. The original RoboCops were cheesy and lame and you know it. AND we loved every bit. This will be the same....only with better special effects and costume design. I actually like the idea of him being more human in this one and the "emotional" aspect of it. Lets be real, its a lot more plausible than the original with him surviving ROUNDS of close range shotgun and handgun shells, being twiddled down a carcass and then basically being transformed into a robot with a face who's only humanity consists of short vine-like video play backs that HE himself cant even make sense of.

Sounds about right...
7x13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm a HUGE Robocop fan. Thee first movie is in my all time top 5 favorite movies. The only movie I've seen more is probably Top Gun (ok probably Coming to America, but those are both on TV all the time). I'm really looking forward to the statue going up in Detroit since I go there every year on Man-Cation.

The original was amazing because of it's political satire and it's not giving a fuck, over the top violence. The acting was quite good as well.

I've wanted to see a remake or new sequel forever and was pumped when they announced it. Since then and up until this trailer I was really getting bummed out by a few things. One being PG13. Another is how much different the plot is compared to the original. Shit Detroit is in 10000000x worse shape now then it was in the late 80's in many ways. And of course the suit. A bare hand? Really? And why does it need to be black? Let's just admit that the color of the original costume is about as fucking cool as shit gets.

However since the trailer was released my mind is changing again. It actually doesn't look like it's going to completely suck. I mean sure, it has plenty of potential to be terrible, but the trailer does a good job convincing me it might not.

We shall see.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Ill buy that for a dollar!

i hope all the awesome in movie commercials still come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8mQhxhE_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39o6eSI06Y
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #14
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yeah... fuck that noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHcB1n0qCM

The original was a billion times darker and more hard core from the looks of that preview. I also can't stand the new black armor. It takes out a lot of the "bulky - robotness" of it. The visor looks like tron and the flesh hand just pisses me off too.

I also don't like the over emphasis of the wife and kid and the "oh he's paralyzed". The originals "he a corpse, we can do as we please" and then he get's his memories back was so much better.

Also, the scene were he realizes he's alive, but then decides to tell his wife he's dead so she can move on... touching. This movie looks like some hack job garbage... and since Jackson's in it, you know it's a joke.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
The only flesh robocop had was his face... And that was just to accomodate him

Late Night Crew #1
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
It is nice of them to keep his face attractive in this new movie. For the ladies.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It is nice of them to keep his face attractive in this new movie. For the ladies.
Im guessing his hand is for the ladies too lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #18
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Im guessing his hand is for the ladies too lol
His hand is for holding his purse.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
If Kurtwood Smith isn't going to be sticking his foot up someone's ass, I'm not watching.
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Better have an acid bath death,....just sayin
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Well they seem to have destroyed yet another great movie.....they need to STOP remaking movies overall lol. Very few movies work out better the second time around.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #22
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Well they seem to have destroyed yet another great movie.....they need to STOP remaking movies overall lol. Very few movies work out better the second time around.
A remake doesn't destroy the original movie.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #23
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I hated how slow the original robocop was, it made no sense since it was a suit to make him a better cop, slow is not better, but it looks like in the new one, robocop moves a bit more faster and natural
Old 09-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #24
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
A remake doesn't destroy the original movie.
I think he means they took a great story and concept and fucked it all up.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #25
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
I hated how slow the original robocop was, it made no sense since it was a suit to make him a better cop, slow is not better, but it looks like in the new one, robocop moves a bit more faster and natural
THIS.

I seriously can't believe how much you guys are bitching about this! LOL It's not like the original was some Oscar award winning masterpiece. Yes it's a cult classic. Yes i thoroughly enjoy watching it ANY and EVERY TIME it's on, but lets be real the film is cheesy as fuck and the acting in it is terrible. The movie made no sense and like andisan said, he was slow as hell which made his "ass kicking" ability even less plausible, but we enjoyed the hell out of it because it was fucking entertaining. Plot depth? get real.

The new one has a weak plot? Dudes, be honest, this new one makes a hell of a lot more sense plot wise than the old one and you know it. Yeah the suit looks different....as it should. It'll be 2014 not 19 80 fucking 7. My ONLY problem with this remake is that it's PG-13. I'm sure i'll still be entertained, but just not as much so as if it were an R rating.

What has you guys so bothered? Seriously, i'm not being facetious. I really don't get what the big deal is.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
As a modern day rendition, it looks like it could be good.
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
I've been excited to see this since it was announced. One of my favorites growing up. Murphy/RoboCops face always creeped me out, kinda like when Darth Vader took off his helmet. Damn! That foo was ugly
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #28
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLSpmAtc1Q
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I just want them to make a beverly hills cop movie. Just like F&F m sure ill go watch this movie as well. Was this filmed in Detroit as well?
Old 02-15-2014, 06:17 AM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

RoboCop was actually pretty damn good. There were some things I would have liked to be different but overall I wasn't disappointed at all. The main issue I with it looking back is there should not have went PG13. We were there at the 8pm show and there was not a single 13-21 year old kid in there ie the audience they were hoping to get wasn't there. At least at my showing. It was all 30+ year old people. I don't want to spoil too much. I'd give it a 7/10.

PS the original Robocop is my #3 favorite movie of all time. I was excited for the remake but had low expectations.