Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #121
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
How big is the tank?

Do you have any flow besides the sump? I don't see any powerheads.
My only flow is my return pump. I don't like powerheads, anemones & PH's don't work well together. They also cause sand storms once in a while when they fall. I've been thinking about going with a slightly stronger flow return pump lately. The vortech's are nice, but out of my price range at the moment. Currently using a Rio HF17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuteTurkey View Post
Get chemiclean red slime remover. It's 27.99 or so for 900 gallons worth of dosings at my work. Most fish stores should have it. If not, check out my store's website Welcome to Aquarium Connection we should have it and be able to ship it, if its not on there, give us a call and we should be able to from the store. 865-588-2073. I had a heavy bloom and it took 5-6 dosings to clear it up.
Thanks, but I've just been too lazy to run to the LFS to buy some red slime remover.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #122
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
My only flow is my return pump. I don't like powerheads, anemones & PH's don't work well together. They also cause sand storms once in a while when they fall. I've been thinking about going with a slightly stronger flow return pump lately. The vortech's are nice, but out of my price range at the moment. Currently using a Rio HF17.

Thanks, but I've just been too lazy to run to the LFS to buy some red slime remover.
It's a flow issue. You have a dead spot and that's why it's growing there. It will just come back.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #123
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Well, technically, I haven't tested my water so it could be high nitrates & phosphates including low flow in that area. I guess my Spectraspure rodi unit isn't do its job of getting rid of phosphates too well.

My mangroves & chaeto seems to be doing really well even though there's no lighting on them at all for weeks now. Guessing high nitrates due to my high volume feeding. Believe it or not though, red slime didn't start developing until I started using a protein skimmer. Coincidence? Hmmm...
Old 06-13-2012, 05:23 AM   #124
Rag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Rag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rag

Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #125
MuteTurkey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
MuteTurkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@silverarrow
Could also be an old bulb issue depending on how long its been since you've replaced it/them. Looks like it could be a metal halide?
MuteTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #126
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuteTurkey View Post
@silverarrow
Could also be an old bulb issue depending on how long its been since you've replaced it/them. Looks like it could be a metal halide?
Bulb is probably a month old, it is an SE 250 MH Hamilton 14k. Dual VHO supplementation for lighting which is about a month old as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #127
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
Well, technically, I haven't tested my water so it could be high nitrates & phosphates including low flow in that area. I guess my Spectraspure rodi unit isn't do its job of getting rid of phosphates too well.

My mangroves & chaeto seems to be doing really well even though there's no lighting on them at all for weeks now. Guessing high nitrates due to my high volume feeding. Believe it or not though, red slime didn't start developing until I started using a protein skimmer. Coincidence? Hmmm...
Total coincidence. I would say your food is high in phosphates.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #128
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

I was thinking that last night when I was feeding my fishes last night. I'll dose some red slime removal next week if I'm not too lazy to go out to buy some. Other than that, anyone has interceptor pills? I need like 2 tablets to get rid of red bugs. I think I'd rather have these than flat worms which I have also had.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #129
Rag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Rag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rag
Fresh overhaul. It's currently cycling so excuse the mess.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #130
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki_JDM_ds View Post
Got a new tank!

28G JBJ Nano Cube 105 Watt Quad Power Compact Light
25lbs. Live Sand
60lbs. Live Rock
1 Green Frogspawn
1 Green ACG Leather (Looks like a green Afro!)
1 Black Clown Fish
1 Green Chromis
1 Sand Sifting Starfish
2 Percula Clownfish
Some Hermits and snails.

Been really wanting to get a Nano reef aquarium. Stumbled upon this lil setup and I'm really leaning towards it. Just need to keep educating myself on small tank upkeep, and the do's and donts of saltwater tank maintenance.

EPIC NECRO THREAD!!
RIIIIIIIISE!!!

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote