Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #61
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Gamma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yup Gnnr I think ur right Brasil,Argintina and France we'll be the first to loss
Old 06-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #62
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think France might be the 1st out too they struggle a bit, not showing much promise
or Costa rica although, have been quietly winning their games.

too bad about Suarez such good player! still thou Nom nom Nom nom....

the US its showing a lot of heart. i like that, win or lose i am proud of them

the Brazil and Argentina Goal keepers in my opinion are not so good they could of went with a different choice.

i say Holland or Germany might just win it. i have to say thou since last world cups Holland always plays good and looses at the peak. they might go all the way this time
plus they have cool nickname (mechanical orange XD) but its too early to say.

how are the games looking for the next phase
Old 06-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #63
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hate to say it but Netherlands is going to take care of Mexico without breaking a sweat, and if i'm wrong this match will be the biggest upset in the tournament.

Chile's probably got the best chance for an upset in this upcoming round, but Brasil stepped it up in the last game. I'd say the first upset could come in the Switzerland - Argentina match unless they can find someone else to score besides Messi. I hope not, it might just be the Brasilian humidity but their coach has this creepy, sleazy Doug Hutchison/Hannibal Lecter vibe going. Brings chills down my spine when he gets air time.
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #64
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Brazil wins in penalties 3-2 against Chili
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #65
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Colombia will destroy Brazil. That team is in beast mode.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #66
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Colombia will destroy Brazil. That team is in beast mode.
x1 million.... colombia is playing from another planet compared to brazil.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #67
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

I dont know. I see Colombia and Chile about as equally talented. Colombia looks to have the edge but their group was weaker then Chile's and they faced Uruguay without the player that scored half that team's goals. Brasil will be the team that's going to have to show up and prove themselves, but I think they'll muster up a win. I think Chile had the better chance to beat Brasil instead of Colombia.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #68
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Is Netherlands consider one of the favorites to win the World Cup, cause they kick ass in every game... Good game so far Mexico V.s Netherlands halftime 0-0
Old 06-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Mexico played a great game they should have won, but they gave the game away the last 12 min...
Old 06-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #70
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
The Dutch turned it up towards the end of the game. They were bound to score with how they were attacking on the pitch.

Robben has some amazing footwork IMO.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #71
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Mexico gave away the game after their goal. The ball control, the tempo, Netherlands dictated everything from that point on and went into Mexico's 1/3 and even 1/4 of the field with total ease. When they took the ball away from the Netherlands there was little movement forward cause most just stayed back. A total fuck up cause the Mexico goal came very early in the second half and it was a no brainer that the Netherlands would raise the attacking, pressure and search for the tying goal and had over 40 minutes to find it. With a team that ESPN ranks as the favorite you know 40 minutes is enough to at least get a single goal and go from there. If pulling back and playing an entire half of defense was the plan then there was no point in Chicharo entering the game. Herrera should have thrown another defender in the back, maybe even two if they had that many substitutions remaining. My thoughts, they should have sought a second goal. That attempt would have put some pressure on the Netherlands to defend and perhaps pushed them back off Mexico's 1/3. Instead it was all attack by Netherlands and all defense by Mexico, and I don't believe soccer is like the NFL where it's a given that the best defense wins the super bowl.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #72
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Mexico were happy with the one goal lead, and that bit them in the ass.

I hate how the overall quality of football is lower then usual for the UEFA teams because of the heat and humidity. For the love of God, schedule the matches later in the day or the evening so that we get some quality play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
The Dutch turned it up towards the end of the game. They were bound to score with how they were attacking on the pitch.

Robben has some amazing footwork IMO.
Yeah for sure, it was a matter of "is there enough time for them to score"

And they pulled through with the win!

And he has some of the best ball control in the world. That plus his speed make him super dangerous in the box.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #73
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
The amount of flopping in every game is infuriating.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #74
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

QUOTE=tricky_ab;5668049]And he has some of the best ball control in the world. That plus his speed make him super dangerous in the box.[/QUOTE]

not to knock on the guy's talent but marquez is an old man. the game announcers spotted the mismatch on one of rubbens first attacks in the first half and Mexico never adjusted.

If they schedule games to a time when temperatures are cooler they'd be playing the tournament after 11p.m. When I was there we were out at 1 a.m. and it felt like high 70 degree shorts and sandals weather and the humidity was still felt. im not sure they can predict a good time.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #75
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
France and Nigeria tomorrow should be very interesting. Both teams play a bit loose defensively, so it should be an entertaining game and if there's going to be an African surprise this tournament, it's probably going to come from this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chato de shamrock View Post

If they schedule games to a time when temperatures are cooler they'd be playing the tournament after 11p.m. When I was there we were out at 1 a.m. and it felt like high 70 degree shorts and sandals weather and the humidity was still felt. im not sure they can predict a good time.
Playing matches after 6PM is a lot better for the players, then playing mid day when the sun is right overhead.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #76
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpcfonkt4
Old 06-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #77
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
As said before the amount of flopping is ruining this great game. I am a huge soccer fan and played for a quite a few years, and it is hard to watch all these Lebron flops out there. I can't believe Greece didn't capitalize on the costa rica red card.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #78
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

Lmao flopping is contagious what do u expect.. The funny thing is even FIFA has come out and said that robbens penalty against Mexico was the wrong call... The refs have sucked so bad, in this World Cup..
LMAO robbens has even come out and said he sorry for diving to try and get the penalty. Chumps they should kick Netherlands out and award Mexico with advancing

Last edited by Gamma; 06-30-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #79
Gamma
Zilvia Junkie

I believe that we can win, I believe that we can win, I believe that we can win.... Woo Hooo let's go U.S.A we got this next game... U.S.A all day baby
Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 AM   #80
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
France and Nigeria tomorrow should be very interesting. Both teams play a bit loose defensively, so it should be an entertaining game and if there's going to be an African surprise this tournament, it's probably going to come from this game.

Playing matches after 6PM is a lot better for the players, then playing mid day when the sun is right overhead.
6 would be good but they are giving 4 hours between starts. the next game would start at 10PM. I dont know. Perhaps starting games at 4 and 8. the weather out there is crazy. one day you got bright sun and dry air. the next day its grey skies and super muggy. It can feel warm in the morning, then a thunderstorm and humidity can catch you in the middle of the street with sandals and shorts.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #81
Gnnr
Post Whore!

'merica! Lets do this!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #82
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

in that second half it seems the u.s. is quick to give up the ball each time they get possession. that and the constant playing on the u.s. 1/4 of the field reminds me of Mexico.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #83
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Extra time. I almost had kittens during stoppage time.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #84
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
We put up a helluvafight but now down 2, I think USA is done. So proud of them and how hard they played

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #85
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

If I was a US fan (Watching this WC) I would be really pissed at the performances the team had the entire tournament. They never looked like the better team in any of their matches in the group stage, and got results from random moments of individual skill and set pieces rather than good structured play. The Defense was awful in every game they played, they just didn't get punished very often, or Howard kept them in it.

They showed great spirit at the end of the match today, but not much else. They absolutely deserved their spot in the second round based on their results, but they never looked convincing in getting them.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #86
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
That'll be all Howard... that'll be all.

"Beaten at the end, Howard summoned the energy for a postgame lap around the field to wave and thank the American fans who trekked here. As he finished, he ran into the Belgians themselves, exhausted but exhilarated, and what unfolded was a scene of honor among warriors.

Howard had tested the Belgian's will, and they wanted him to know it. So Marouane Fellaini came and gave him a hug and some words of respect. Eden Hazard put an arm on the goalkeeper's shoulder. Kevin Mirallas just patted him on the back. A small group of other Belgium players stood and clapped in his direction."

ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #87
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
tim howard was stone wall he's the henrick lunquist of soccer. we set up a tv at the shop to watch all the games i was really hoping the U.S would pull threw but playing to much defense and a ton of small mistakes just killed it but Howard. but man the last second half things got real emotional at the shop lol

i cant wait for the brazil vs Colombia game colombia should be a great game
Old 07-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #88
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
as Tricky stated, the US didnt look good all tournament. aside from the Portugal game, all they did was give the ball away and play defense for 90 minutes. Mad respect for Tim Howard and his great performance though.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #89
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
as Tricky stated, the US didnt look good all tournament. aside from the Portugal game, all they did was give the ball away and play defense for 90 minutes. Mad respect for Tim Howard and his great performance though.
x2

i was happy they made it as far as they did, but we (USA) didn't play well in the group stages or against belgium.

i think it looked like a lack of fitness. We never looked like we could go the distance. Also i dont really consider any outfield player on USA 'worldclass', when most other teams have at least one.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #90
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
i think it looked like a lack of fitness. We never looked like we could go the distance.
They were tired. That's not an excuse, its a fact. The US team traveled 9,000+ miles during the cup going between stadiums, more than any other team. When you take that into account, I say we did pretty good. I would also say not traveling that many miles we could have gone at least 1 more game so their result is respectable.