Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-29-2022, 06:28 PM   #1
yang0769ssss

Trader Rating: (0)
yang0769ssss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Need help with brake pads s14 silvia

I have a JDM 94 s14 silvia and i need help with brake pads.

The fronts have the oem 4 pot calipers. I heard i can use USDM z32 brake pads? Can someone confirm?

The rears are standard calipers. I heard i can use USDM 240sx brake pads? Can someone confirm?

I've found a few places in Japan that sell JDM pads for my vehicle, but i dont want to pay expensive shipping costs and they have a few months lead time.

Any help would be great thank you guys.
yang0769ssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
biasword

biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
same exact situation. the fronts are the same. enjuku claims the front and rear pads for jdm silvias are different than 240s. this is the only place ive seen make this claim. i bought OE 240 rear pads anyways as i cant see what would be different.
biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Yes, Z32, S14 & S15 4-pot calipers all use the same brake pads. You can confirm this if you want by going to Nengun and look up brake pads and you'll see Z32, S14, S15 & some R32 variants all use the same part number for front pads.

S13, S14, & S15 rear brake pads are all the same. There are some minor differences with the calipers and the bracket (to accept larger rotors on ABS models as an example), but the pads are all the same.

Last edited by LoSt180; 04-05-2022 at 09:10 AM..
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #4
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by biasword View Post
same exact situation. the fronts are the same. enjuku claims the front and rear pads for jdm silvias are different than 240s. this is the only place ive seen make this claim. i bought OE 240 rear pads anyways as i cant see what would be different.
My guess is they either pulled it out of their ass, came across a swapped car, or are basing this on the Euro 200SX service manuals. Euro 200SX uses a unique rear pad which I think is shared with the C33 Laurel. All other S13-S14-S15 use the same rear pad.

As for the fronts, they had a bunch of variations, especially the non-turbo Silvias. But 'Nissan' (Sumitomo) four pots all use the same pad, regardless of rotor size or aluminum/iron caliper body.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
biasword

biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
My guess is they either pulled it out of their ass, came across a swapped car, or are basing this on the Euro 200SX service manuals. Euro 200SX uses a unique rear pad which I think is shared with the C33 Laurel. All other S13-S14-S15 use the same rear pad.

As for the fronts, they had a bunch of variations, especially the non-turbo Silvias. But 'Nissan' (Sumitomo) four pots all use the same pad, regardless of rotor size or aluminum/iron caliper body.
yeah this is interesting. that certainly sounds plausible. i reached out to them asking waht the difference was, and they pretty much told me they just dont fit, and that i should instead upgrade to z32 brakes to find pads easier lol
biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #6
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Enjuku has the exact same disclaimer across all of brake pad pages. I think it's just a case of copypasta and they never bothered to update the differences.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote