Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Rps13Style
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Rps13Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weekly 818 canyon cruise and meet

Would anyone be interested in a weekly canyon cruise and meet? I know of the perfect place to do it, beautiful look out on an awesome canyon.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
cumbewong
BANNED

cumbewong is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cumbewong
maybe once a month, but weekly. i don't think alot of people can unless your ballin. GAS $$$$ IS A MOTHER PUCKER.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbewong View Post
maybe once a month, but weekly. i don't think alot of people can unless your ballin. GAS $$$$ IS A MOTHER PUCKER.
Lol that is true... but if you are in the 818, it isn't that much of a drive. Maybe bi-weekly?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Element_on_20s
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Element_on_20s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Which Canyon? There's a few I frequent to get to my girlfriend's house.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_on_20s View Post
Which Canyon? There's a few I frequent to get to my girlfriend's house.
The one I am thinking of is coral. take topanga to the PCH and it is on the right behind a shell or a 76 (cant remember which) heads all the way up and dead ends at an open look out area. There is also another off of los virgenes called piuma that has an awesome look out as well.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Rps13Style
BANNED

My thing is, there are all these meets, but noone drives. So I want to start a meet where you get to drive to get there, hang out, have fun and actually do what the car is meant to rather than sitting like show queens in a parking lot
Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Element_on_20s
Zilvia Junkie

I know both very well. This sounds like a good idea as long as people keep it safe.

I've seen one too many deaths on Piuma. I took that Canyon to get to my girlfriends place everyday for 7 months.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Want to actually drive the car? Track it.

Stating what canyon and how often you'd want to do this is just asking to get rolled on. As hard as it may be to believe, but cops do actually have access to the internet lol.

Definitely not something you put out in the open or even that you want to do in large groups.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 12-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post

Stating what canyon and how often you'd want to do this is just asking to get rolled on. As hard as it may be to believe, but cops do actually have access to the internet lol.

Definitely not something you put out in the open or even that you want to do in large groups.
agreed bud...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
I know both very well. This sounds like a good idea as long as people keep it safe.

I've seen one too many deaths on Piuma. I took that Canyon to get to my girlfriends place everyday for 7 months.
I agree, that would be the difference between a run and a cruise. a fun drive to a nice spot to hang out at.

Quote:

Definitely not something you put out in the open or even that you want to do in large groups
The cops can look at it all they want. there is nothing against the law about driving a car on a road or meeting in a public place. Otherwise all the other meets here would be shut down. As I stated it is not an illegal canyon run, it is a fun drive up to a public look out to hang out. Nothing against it or wrong with it.

As for tracks. Now that is expensive. 200 dollars a week for 3 hrs? no thanks.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps13Style View Post

The cops can look at it all they want. there is nothing against the law about driving a car on a road or meeting in a public place. Otherwise all the other meets here would be shut down. As I stated it is not an illegal canyon run, it is a fun drive up to a public look out to hang out. Nothing against it or wrong with it.

As for tracks. Now that is expensive. 200 dollars a week for 3 hrs? no thanks.
you might think about it like that but theres always one fuck head who mess's it up...

Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
Rps13Style
BANNED

Id also like to add, I never posted a day or time yet. and even if I did, so what? all these other meets do, and they are fine. People hear canyon and they freak out. It is no different than meeting at ralphs, or at in n out.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
you might think about it like that but theres always one fuck head who mess's it up...
Right, but again, how is that different than meeting in a parking lot? some fuck head can do donuts and smack into a pedestrian. it doesnt make it any different.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
If you haven't noticed, the meets held by folks in the Nissan crowd are a lot more mellow. Usually any activity that brings unwanted attention to the meet is frowned upon and kept in check. The likelihood of someone doing something on a cruise is a lot higher and the control factor is very limited.

Either way I'm not here to argue the differences and what may or may not happen as a person will do what they want no matter what is said. The warning was stated, as was some advice. Take it how you wish.

As far as the track being expensive, hardly. Price is actually more around $120 for nearly a half day's worth of track time. Plus with places like Adam's Track popping up it's insanely cheap ($20/hr). That's a hell of a lot cheaper than reckless driving, speed contest, or any REF ticket that may come from having a little "fun" on the street.

Any way, wish you luck on canyon cruise.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 12-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
If you haven't noticed, the meets held by folks in the Nissan crowd are a lot more mellow. Usually any activity that brings unwanted attention to the meet is frowned upon and kept in check. The likelihood of someone doing something on a cruise is a lot higher and the control factor is very limited.

Either way I'm not here to argue the differences and what may or may not happen as a person will do what they want no matter what is said. The warning was stated, as was some advice. Take it how you wish.

As far as the track being expensive, hardly. Price is actually more around $120 for nearly a half day's worth of track time. Plus with places like Adam's Track popping up it's insanely cheap ($20/hr). That's a hell of a lot cheaper than reckless driving, speed contest, or any REF ticket that may come from having a little "fun" on the street.

Any way, wish you luck on canyon cruise.
Yea I have noticed. And, I am one of the people who keep it in check. I was one of the original members of the 240sx meet in sfv when it first started (back when I had my rps13). And the same control factors would be put into effect for this. if someone does something stupid then they are no longer welcome to join in on the ride and meet. Simple as that. Like I said, I dont see the big deal. It is no different.

20$ an hour is expensive. if you are there for 4 hrs, that is 80$. not cheap. Then you have to take into consideration, gas, food etc. which tacks on even more. AGAIN, this is not a thread saying lets all go drift the canyons going 120mph. It is a fun cruise...again cruise, up to a public look out space to hang out at. rather than being stuck in a parking lot. If you dont like it. that is your thing, and that is fine. But, what I am proposing is not a bad idea, nor is it going to be a crazy ricer fest of people flying off canyon roads. just an FYI

The problem is people associating canyons with illegal activity and idiot people driving recklessly. Not everyone does that. Some people just like to drive the roads and cruise. And that is what I am saying.

Anyone who knows me (be it from the 240sx meet, or ae86 nights, or any of the various forums) knows that I am a very reserved and straight minded person. I always drive slow on the street, never race anyone, and take it with a relaxed motion. and you would too with 13k invested in your car. I would not risk it for anything. So that alone should be enough character proof that what I am proposing is legit, safe, and a fun change of scenery for people who are sick of the concrete playgrounds.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #16
Element_on_20s
Zilvia Junkie

I mean, if it can be kept to the speed limit I don't see the problem. But, there is always the chance of that one person going too hard. He'd be lucky if he just spun, and never was allowed back.

But the chance of it being much, much worse is high. I say give it a try with a few people.

I'm also a much bigger supporter of the track. Spinning at the track is great, lots of run off and you're likely to drive off unharmed. Spin in the canyons because the elements of the road caught you by surprise, your run off is the downward slope of the cliff.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #17
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
I mean, if it can be kept to the speed limit I don't see the problem. But, there is always the chance of that one person going too hard. He'd be lucky if he just spun, and never was allowed back.

But the chance of it being much, much worse is high. I say give it a try with a few people.

I'm also a much bigger supporter of the track. Spinning at the track is great, lots of run off and you're likely to drive off unharmed. Spin in the canyons because the elements of the road caught you by surprise, your run off is the downward slope of the cliff.
I am not doubting something COULD happen if someone does something dumb. But, at the same time. cars are forced to follow the lead cars drive. So as long as we have a trustworthy person as the lead car, there will never be any problems. everyone meets up at a designated location then heads out with the understanding of the designated lead car. With that pointed out, everyone is forced to follow the same pace. If it is too slow for them and they don't like it, they don't have to go with the group. if someone leaves early from the pack, or goes early, it is their own doing, and has nothing to do with the meet.

edit: I have been thinking of this for awhile now. And have a good set of rules and ideas thought up to keep it legit and safe for everyone. So whoever wants to be the first test group. We can discuss it and get it rolling (even thought of a meet name as lame as that is)
Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
If it is too slow for them and they don't like it, they don't have to go with the group. if someone leaves early from the pack, or goes early, it is their own doing, and has nothing to do with the meet.
...and that one person could ruin the meet for everyone.

You haven't done many group canyon runs, have you? lol

If you do it, do it in the daytime.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #19
Element_on_20s
Zilvia Junkie

A daytime cruise is the best idea here yet!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #20
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
My thing is, there are all these meets, but noone drives.
Thats what you think.
You are talking to the wrong people at the meet.

Quote:
and 1 persons behavior will get the entire group pulled over and ticketed.

Thats why, on the off chance i do end up off the track, i ONLY go with people i know that are mature, are close to my skill level and we understand each others driving styles and engines, suspention setups and what not.

I would suggest not doing it.
Sitting on the hood of your 240 weekly overlooking the canyon seems a little "tool"ish to me.
just sayin takumi....................
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #21
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
...and that one person could ruin the meet for everyone.

You haven't done many group canyon runs, have you? lol

If you do it, do it in the daytime.
I have been on quite a few group runs, but again this isnt a run, it is a cruise. And my point was, they are forced to run the lead cars pace. if they dont meet up with the group at the designated meet up spot, or leave before everyone else does, it is on them, it is a personal thing and not part of or associated with the meet at all. Them going on their own before the group or after the group is the same as if they went alone. it doesnt associate them with the group there for it has nothing to do with the meet.

Day time was part of what I was wanting to plan. around 2-3pm on a day I wont designate as of yet, except to those who want to be part of the test group.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
Rps13Style
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Thats what you think.
You are talking to the wrong people at the meet.

and 1 persons behavior will get the entire group pulled over and ticketed.

Thats why, on the off chance i do end up off the track, i ONLY go with people i know that are mature, are close to my skill level and we understand each others driving styles and engines, suspention setups and what not.

I would suggest not doing it.
Sitting on the hood of your 240 weekly overlooking the canyon seems a little "tool"ish to me.
I am going to say this as nicely and with as much respect as possible, do NOT result to calling names buddy. You don't even know who I am. Never call me a tool, or try and lump me in with initial D fanboys. Ok?

Last edited by Rps13Style; 12-24-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #23
Rps13Style
BANNED

So anyways, if anyone is willing to try this out and start meeting up, feel free to PM me here and we can all get together.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:22 AM   #24
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
LMAO!!!
I didnt call you a tool buddy.
READ !

I just cant keep a straight face when I imagine someone sitting on the hood of their car at the end of a canyon, weekly.

You need to start doing it with your friends first, and thats how you get these things to grow.

And dont get all "NICELY as I can", "you dont know me".
I would say, Im Eric Castro, you dont know me :P lol
but you can, google my ass or come out to an event and hang out.
Im one of the nicest guys you will meet, just very straight forwards.

GLWS
Old 12-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #25
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Quote:
I would say, Im Eric Castro, you dont know me :P lol
but you can, google my ass or come out to an event and hang out.
Im one of the nicest guys you will meet, just very straight forwards.

GLWS
agree...lol

Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
ericcastro
Post Whore!

^thanks Steve.

And im just ribbin you man, not trying to offend or hurt your feelings or make you look bad.
Im just blunt after years on here, so thats my fault, sorry to offend.

And Kyle (soreballs/turbo balls.), you coming back yet??
Old 12-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #27
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Right, but again, how is that different than meeting in a parking lot? some fuck head can do donuts and smack into a pedestrian. it doesnt make it any different.
Yes it does. There are no CLIFFS at a parking lot

Closed Thread