Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
pigeon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
pigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The shop is a project that My Grandfather, Dad and I took on three years ago, needed a work area and a place for a tractor (which is now back outside again haha) and some other equipment. Cool thing is, it powers the house and the barn and any left over is run back into the grid and sold to power companies.

Airplane parts

Anyways, back to the car. I got the rear subframe put on and put the motor and trans back in for another mock up. I need to make up a trans mount and then the underside of the car will be mostly done apart from running fuel and brake lines.

With Georges dual caliper spacing the wheel out another 8mm or so and then a 15mm spacer on a 17x10 +12 I should be filling out some 50mm fenders pretty well i think.

Steering is still unfinished, I have s14 FLCA that I cut and put heims on the inside of the arm so it wouldnt bind, extended the arm by 25mm after the tension rod and then scalloped the arm for even more room for the steering heim. Moved the steering rack forward almost an inch, picture is earlier in the thread, and now im waiting on my spherical bearing from Aurora. I got bearings from the chassis shop but the misalignment on those were only 8 degrees or so which is not enough. The Aurora bearings will 18 degrees of misalignment.
Ill be running a 17x9 +15 wheel with a 15mm spacer. still looks like the tension rod is going to be the limiting factor but I have a good idea of what I want to do with that.

All I have for now, Thanks again for all the love.
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote