Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #31
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Just the other day my friends s14 hit a tree. The lower mounting point that holds to the rear knuckle had broken. All I said to him you get what you pay for. $300 for coils, and $2000 to repair quarter panel and other suspension arms that got bent, cuz the car's rear quarter panel smacked right into a tree
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #32
wyatt

Trader Rating: (0)
wyatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$300 is nothing.. Lowering springs cost half that. If you don't track your car then I see nothing wrong with it..
wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #33
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
your probably never going to track your car, or do anything besides sit in a parking lot and have your car slammed to the ground so i say get them.

also ive bought there turbo kit and one thing is for sure CXRacing is full of crappy and shitty products.

"do it right, or do it twice"
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #34
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Idk what to say to this, yes I'm pretty new to the 240 world but I know not to buy some garbage china made aluminum/plastic coilovers. I'm not flaming by any means it's your car do what you want.

But when something snaps when you take a corner, or something bends and you hit a wall or a tree all because you cheaped out on something that's bad anyways it's on you.

Think of it like this, you have 300$ if not a little more now, okay a month from now you'll prolly have double. Why not just wait 1-2 more months and buy some quality coil overs or atleat something with reviews for 1-1500.

I saved for 4 months to buy my coils and yeah there not the best you can buy but there good quality, go low, 36way, ext. Just save man, like said above buy quality if you buy eBay most likely you'll be buying again in the near future to replace what eBay broke. Everything I've seen on there, it either breaks or it causes something else to break on the car within months.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #35
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If your unemplyed, the price is right and I'd say yes, and slowly gain trust in them. However, they are still pretty stiff. Im willing to bet this will wear the damper sooner, and ride bad. if the brand Hishiriya's friend had is the same, then no.

If you have cash flow, I'd save and get ksports. People are going to bash them too, but take it from me, Ive had ksport's on my mazda protege sedan for 3yrs daily driven and still going.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #36
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
What I haven't seen out of this thread yet is the simple question, what are you using them for? Are you tracking, DDing, do you race at all, etc...

12/10 is crazy stiff for DD imo. If you want a cheap alternative to lower your DD, just look into springs. You won't get as low but it's a better inexpensive option then putting sub par coils on your car.

Suspension is so much more important than anyone gives it credit for. Ultimately, it's your car and your money. I have 0 experience with CXRacing so I can't really say one way or another on this specific coil but it sounds like they tend to cut some corners (solely based on some others replies in here) and suspension is not a place to cut corners.

If you do any drifting, AutoX, drag, or even just like the spirited driving I would probably do as some others suggested and save up for a set of Fortune Auto or Stance; probably the best two in the 1k price point. If you just DD and keep your foot out of the gas and just want to go lower, see if there is a spring option that suits you (but you, most likely, won't be truly happy with this because it's static. It is an option, though).
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #37
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Cx racing= pbm max??? If not, provide statistical and factual data to reject the hypothesis... You can not use photos of broken pieces ... Y? If we were Yo use "six sigma" a statistical definition of a process that is 99.9997 capable of 3.4 defects per million opportunities.... I will use it in such way,For example, let's assume cx racing sells more. Why? Because they have parts for all types of different makes and vehicles vs say pbm or a comparable company Which targets a more specific market. So cx racing sells 1 million pieces it is expected that 3.4 defects will occur ( the one's everyone sees online which have "failed") But since they sell more its expected to have a higher defect ratio also. pbm and other companies should have the same outcome... But since they sell less the defects "should" be Lower...

Nothing against any company just saying....
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #38
Leetfade
Zilvia Member

Leetfade is an unknown quantity at this point
While I can appreciate trying to apply Six Sigma logic to this (I'm certified myself), I don't think you presented it in a very clear way. :lol:

You are accurate that the problems are going to be the ones everyone reports, that's just how it is.
Leetfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #39
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
You mean these are not legit ?? but they have been tested with salt spray only the best of the best pass the salt spray test!! lol
Old 06-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #40
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetfade View Post
While I can appreciate trying to apply Six Sigma logic to this (I'm certified myself), I don't think you presented it in a very clear way. :lol:

You are accurate that the problems are going to be the ones everyone reports, that's just how it is.
hell no confused TFOO me..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #41
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetfade View Post

Haha! I'm glad others know about it too... The explanation well I tried lol.. But u get what I'm trying to say lol
Old 06-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #42
Frankenstien_Panda

Trader Rating: (0)
Frankenstien_Panda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dude, theyre decent coilovers..i have them on my s13 hatch, they're purdy stiff, nd i honestly hav no complaints!! aside my driver side bending wen i hit a guard rail due to my tires being completely smooth :/, but wut coilover wldnt haha, worth 300!!
Frankenstien_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #43
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I hate every part i've bought from CX Racing, slowly swapping them out for better things. I mean hell they can't even get a hotpipe to fit right... really?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #44
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Just do it.

It's your money, your car, your life.

Or just don't.

It's your money, your car, your life.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote