Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
A/c?

i have the a/c button on my 240, and i'm not sure if i really have a'c or not, i have an 89 fb model, i put in a new fuse for the a/c and the button still won't light up, maybe the a/c is just old and doesn't work anymore, or maybe i dont have it, is there any way to look under the hood to see if i did have a/c?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2003, 12:41 AM   #2
method2833
Zilvia Junkie

method2833 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to method2833
OK heres the deal with 240sx compressors...if you have a leak or you have lost all of your freon you wont get anything as in no light on button...there is a safety switch that if you have no freon it wont come on so you dont burn the clutch up on the air conditioner....have your freon level checked to see if you have a leak
Old 07-12-2003, 12:44 AM   #3
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by method2833
OK heres the deal with 240sx compressors...if you have a leak or you have lost all of your freon you wont get anything as in no light on button...there is a safety switch that if you have no freon it wont come on so you dont burn the clutch up on the air conditioner....have your freon level checked to see if you have a leak
that's the problem, i want to know if i do have a/c, what are some things to look for under the hood to know i do have it?
Old 07-12-2003, 12:55 AM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
you could always look for an A/C compressor.
It's the thing with A/C lines coming out from it.

Meh.
Look to see if there's another 'radiator' in front of your radiator. If so, that's the condenser. You have A/C. If not.. well I'll let you figure it out.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

i looked in front of my radiator and i saw a fan, with lines coming out, does that mean i have a/c?
Old 07-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #6
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my guess is yes. for future reference, it'd be a good idea to learn your car some. go buy an FSM or Chilton's guide and figure out what is what.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:33 PM   #7
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

i guess i do have a/c! woohoo, imma go have it serviced, how much you think it'll cost? i don't think the a/c has been running for years
Old 07-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #8
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

damn! i went to Firestone today, they said i needed new hoses, a new condensor ( i think) and i told them to convert it from R12 to R134a, they told me the estimate was around 5-6 hundred.... is that normal? because i miht just go ahead and do it next week... i'm moving to the valley in CA, and i need a/c, imma fry in there
Old 07-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn simoun, you were such a n00b back then! hahaha
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #10
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Don't bump 2 year old threads to post useless comments.
Closed Thread