Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #241
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Mullet style chrome of course. Pix is crappy but I didn't take it so don't yell at me.

g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #242
golfer17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
golfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to golfer17

here is a pic of mine when it was on my built motor. it now currently sits on a stock longblock, and has been in and out of the car enough times that its gotten pretty scratched up, not too mention it was painted about 3 years ago, but surprisingly it still looks dang good and is super shiny. I want to get it powdercoated the same color though, eventually, so it will be a little harder to scratch and have a more even color throughout.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #243
240srhatch
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
Cool Thread =)

Here's few of mine.

Wrinclke Black w/ the pipe's to match Old Set-up

Original Top Secret Gold =)
WOW.. Thats sick.. props
240srhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #244
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #245
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Yes thats color changing powder coat
Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #246
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post
Yes thats color changing powder coat
Did you get to do anything w/white yet?

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #247
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I actually did and unfortunatly you can barely tell theirs sparkle.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:49 AM   #248
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post

Looks like crap in person, I did it with Krylon. I don't really care. I can touch it up whenever.
UPDATE:

I did a lot of wrenching to get the motor running and it messed up the paint. So I invited a bunch of people over and gave everyone a can. Its all good though I got extras I'm working on.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #249
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Did this for my friend. Most pain in the ass cover I've done.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #250
JAEBEATZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
JAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JAEBEATZ
just out of curiosity has anybody ever tried using a glow in the dark mixture with paint?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #251
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEBEATZ View Post
just out of curiosity has anybody ever tried using a glow in the dark mixture with paint?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Some of my PCing.....

Some more shots of the glow in the dark white:

read the thread....
Old 07-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #252
Nskylinerb-25
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Nskylinerb-25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Flat Black w Aluminum and 3 coats of clear coat w some blue flakes.

can't really see the blue but it's there looks alot better in person.

Nskylinerb-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #253
Nskylinerb-25
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Nskylinerb-25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nskylinerb-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #254
CelicaDRIFTER
Zilvia Junkie

CelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond reputeCelicaDRIFTER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
crayola makes/made a glow in the dark paint.
house of kolor makes a glow in the dark powder(kosmic glo) in different colors that mixes into the clear. works best with light colors.
shits expensive tho.
i think for a 4 oz. jar or sumthin was around $60 or $70
CelicaDRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #255
LetsKillKevy

LetsKillKevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
my sr20
reminds me of the early Steve Vai Ibanez Universe color scheme. Always loved that color combo.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #256
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I did this for one of our members.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #257
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wow julian, you've gotten really good with the PCing. I gotta get myself some extra covers so that I can finally do this shit.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #258
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
spray paint orange, then dabbed with black with aluminum foil

Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #259
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ lol wait? so you painted only so you could make it look grease covered all over again?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #260
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
Welll I painted it solid orange, then Mr. Wind came by and decided to blow a plastic sheet on top of my valve cover with almost full can of orange spray paint freshly applied.

So I said F*ck you Wind and made the best of it, Its really only temporary, I have a stripped valvecover im gonna paint sick, with a very nice clear coat.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #261
Jonnyblaze
Zilvia Member

Jonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymoreJonnyblaze is not welcome here anymore

'91 Hatch - Work in Progress
Jonnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #262
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
how do vinyls hold up on valve covers . as far as the heat , will it mess up the vinyl ,

i was thinkin of doing a base coat , a lil vinyl juss cause , and a clear over it ??
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #263
dahbeeed
Zilvia Member

dahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to beholddahbeeed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post
I did this for one of our members.

^^ thats mine! thanks! ^^
Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #264
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #265
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Painted and shaved my valve cover today
cant really see it on the pictures but its really sparkly.

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM   #266
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
[quote=Megasquirt

how did you do this, its amazing
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 AM   #267
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
do i need to worry about the breather hose when i take off my valve cover? theres the breather hose and some other hose on the other side on my valve cover not sure what the other hose is for.
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #268
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by n240sxfnatic View Post

how did you do this, its amazing

Its powder coating, I did it for a friend. The color is called Silver Vein.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #269
.jrmyrmx
Leaky Injector

.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice.jrmyrmx is just really nice
didnt feel like painting it red like everyone else so....

kind of makes it look like a toy.
.jrmyrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #270
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict