Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #181
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Looks so sharp Cursed
Super Bad Ass

How did you guys make that chassis Dolly. that looks awesome I need to fabricate one aswell in the future/ thanks for the updates champ!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #182
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
wow this thing looks great, have fun with it
Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #183
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Are you gonna try to hide all the lines you got coming out of the rad? Im guessing it to cool off the head and stuff
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #184
bRUt@L`S13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
bRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this is like the ultimate silvia.

an S15 with a RB26..

u know how many ppl u wish they were u? hahah
Old 10-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #185
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
holy! that thing is gonna be wide. I'm loving the colour choice also. wish i had a project like you did. keep the updates rollin.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #186
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Love View Post
Are you gonna try to hide all the lines you got coming out of the rad? Im guessing it to cool off the head and stuff
Yeah it is for head cooling and turbines, but I do not intend to hide them. The plan I have for routing the lines will be very visible but also good looking and functional.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:48 AM   #187
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
your building a dream car it's simply amazing
Old 10-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #188
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Nice update! Its looking really great man, keep it up!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #189
BAY240
Leaky Injector

BAY240 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn.. so many ppl only dream of owning an s15 some day, and u already got urs, and ur goin ALLLLL OUT!
great job man, keep up the good work! hope to see some updates soon
Old 10-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #190
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, maybe it should be a little bit wider?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #191
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
That car used to be the super wide, red one with some body damage right? I dig the AN fittings on the radiator. Love the car man, it is a pure reflection of how picky and attentive you are. Can't wait to see who becomes top dog with all the badass builds going on.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #192
remety
Leaky Injector

remety is on a distinguished road
Updates?!?!?!11111
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #193
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
DuuuuUUuUDe....

Review Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #194
B Love
Zilvia Addict

B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Havent got an update in a while? MORE PICTURES
Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #195
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Love View Post
Havent got an update in a while? MORE PICTURES
I am having some brackets and other shit machined right now, so progress is at a stand still until that stuff is all done. Then I can complete the body install and some other mods I had planned for it then get it back into paint.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #196
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Cool Cursed, I'll be faithfully waiting haha.
I love this car so far.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #197
bwake 5
Zilvia Member

bwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura about
yeah i just shit my pants a little
Old 11-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #198
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^ ... LOL

The hotness. Maybe will be even hotter than Tein's S15.... dum dum dum....

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #199
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i feel like it already is hotter than tein's S15... .but thats just me
Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #200
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Hhaha tein cant even drive that car in Formula D series
Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #201
tdub377
Leaky Injector

tdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruin
Cant wait to see this thing done and running. It is gonna be crazy fast and such a nice car. Very impressed.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:09 AM   #202
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Another boring yet somewhat decent update.
First off, I made some repairs to the fiberglass body kit (minor cracks and dings) which caused it to be a little bit off, so I spent most of the day perfecting my little repairs in order to ensure everything fit and lined up correctly. I still have some work to go with custom headlight brackets and some other things but for the most part it is lined up and ready to go.
John Pullen over at Sobe Power and Speed made a really trick intercooler mount for me, which consisted of welding two 19mm thick blocks of aluminum to the bottom of the intercooler and tapping them for 10mm bolts. I took the measurements and made the templates. However, I kind of fucked up the templates so the mounts are a bit off. We remeasured everything today and he is turning out some new ones so they will be balls on come this week. I learned a little bit about taking measurements in degrees and millimeters today, which I will ensure I use in the future.

For those of you who may ask me in the future, absolutely anything that requires truly custom and perfect machine work. I use John Pullen at Sobe Power and Speed (here in Okinawa). He has an imagination and ability to visualize what you are talking about and delivers an outstanding result within a very reasonable turn around time.

The Intercooler mount utilizes two T6 Aluminum Spacers that are 10mm thick and cut to the contour of the botton of the Tension Rod Brackets at the front (Where they mount to the bottom of the core support). This enables everything to be even. Then another T6 Aluminum 10mm thick plate is used to kick out perpendicular to the core support and bolt into the blocks on the bottom of the intercooler. Then, a final 10mm plate is used to sandwich the long brackets into place at the subframe. There is also a sandwich plate for the blocks on the intercooler, but since the alignment was a little bit off I could not depict them. Next week, when I have everything dead on, I will be able to show pictures of it successfully being implemented. I figured, very few people would ever use a mounting system this in detail, but now that I have had a taste of what it will be like, it is impossible for me to even consider any other route.
Also, I had some SPL Aluminum Diff Bushings (Front) that were pretty much useless. John went ahead and machined them down to the specs I provided him and we ended up turning them into Aluminum Radiator Bushings. Alot of people have asked about them rattling when driving, but that should be mitigated by a small rubber insulator that I will put in at a later date.
As Usual, Pics below.

Bushings Before being machined

Bushings After

Coolers in place (they will be taken out again soon)

Old 11-10-2007, 05:53 AM   #203
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
damn man, i got more and more impressed every time i see this thing
Old 11-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #204
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
wow this build is insane..
that intercooler is HUGE

awesome work!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #205
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
why mount the Radiator on AL bushings instead of rubber? that little bit of cushion might help prevent things cracking considering how heavy that sucker gets once its full of fluid.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #206
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Wow crazy build and good luck with it.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #207
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
This picture had me lol'ing.

I wish I could repaint my car in that manner.

Super nice build!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #208
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
wow.
truly top not build, with some of the most amazing quality of work i have ever seen.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #209
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkuuzenki View Post
wow.
truly top not build, with some of the most amazing quality of work i have ever seen.
AGREED!
you the man MARINE!!

you can juggle a 18month baby girl, wife, job, car build and life!
HOLY SHIT YOU ROCK!!!

Your build will never be forgotten, you may not want to tell Sarg you got 1200 kids jerking off to you on the net! lol...you may be skinning taters for a while! lol...

KEEP IT UP!!! you will go far.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #210
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
I like the intercooler mounting setup, looks really clean. Overall the build is sick
Closed Thread