Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #31
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
.i keep telling myself i should attemp backflips but i chicken out at the last moment, ahha...
thats burly. thanks for the insight on the skateboarding/snowboarding concept. now i really gotta try it if its gonna be a totally different experience.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #32
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i bought a board up to my nose.

you can't go wrong with what I have...
burton board (bullet)
burton cartel binding
burton snow boots
northface snowpants
northface jacket
northface gloves
northface thermals

I waste as much money on cars as i do on snowboarding
if you really into it.
i would get the burton vapor ($1000 board, nice and flexible for tricks) my bro has one. and burton p1 carbon binding, really cool stuff

My friend has a full carbon fiber board, which I think is pretty cool.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #33
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Snowboarding sounds sweet, but it's a rather expensive hobby.

Spend $500 getting all the gear, then add lift tickets, gas money, tire chains... and after two seasons you're looking at the equivalent of a set of WedSport TC005s. Yikes.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #34
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
Snowboarding sounds sweet, but it's a rather expensive hobby.

Spend $500 getting all the gear, then add lift tickets, gas money, tire chains... and after two seasons you're looking at the equivalent of a set of WedSport TC005s. Yikes.

gears can be reuse for more than one season, buy all the good stuff off hand and you are set.

if you go to those snowboard show/conventions.. about $15-20, you get a pass.. sometimes with no black out dates (save about 50%)
get a season pass at the convention as a student is way cheap... plus there one my sister got that applys not just to northstar but sierra too.

northstar is fun, but sierra is better.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:58 PM   #35
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13
i bought a board up to my nose.

you can't go wrong with what I have...
burton board (bullet)
burton cartel binding
burton snow boots
northface snowpants
northface jacket
northface gloves
northface thermals

I waste as much money on cars as i do on snowboarding
if you really into it.
i would get the burton vapor ($1000 board, nice and flexible for tricks) my bro has one. and burton p1 carbon binding, really cool stuff

My friend has a full carbon fiber board, which I think is pretty cool.
telling a person who just got into the sport to buy a $1,000 board is the WORST advice i have ever seen.

i have big feet so i needed a wide board. i love my Ride Yukon, its really responsive and quick reacting for a wide board. i have Drake Matrix bindings which i highly recommend, Drake makes some great bindings. and Northwave boots. brands don't matter as much as the quality of the stuff because all brands have their good stuff and shitty stuff. so to the kid who said Burton and K2 are top of the line, pay no attention to him. Burton's and K2's high-priced stuff is nice, but the lower grade stuff is trash. I had a Burton Floater and it sucks. My friend has a Burton Canyon (their expensive wide board, more than the Ride Yukon) and i like my Ride Yukon MUCH MUCH more.

don't buy for the name brand, buy for the quality and find something you like.
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #36
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13
gears can be reuse for more than one season, buy all the good stuff off hand and you are set.

if you go to those snowboard show/conventions.. about $15-20, you get a pass.. sometimes with no black out dates (save about 50%)
get a season pass at the convention as a student is way cheap... plus there one my sister got that applys not just to northstar but sierra too.

northstar is fun, but sierra is better.
if you can't use your boarding gear for more than one year you suck at life. if you're still growing, you buy the board a little big, its pretty simple really.
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:06 PM   #37
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self
i came back from reno today, and was in lake tahoe all week before that.. tried out my new setup

2k6 cartels,
Burton Moto boots,
and old SIMS board..

Snow was nice up there... really nice.. but i love boarding while its a blizzard.. makes it so much more fun.. haha.. we should plane a Zilvia Snow trip!!
-usmd-180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #38
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self-usmd-180sx is making a name for him/her self
+1 for San Jose avid Snowboarder...

down for a zilvia bay trip... ([email protected])

A little advice to those newcomers to the sport, IMO, you should rent from a resort,local, or any shop along the way to try it out for the first time... But buy the snow gear before you go... cause most of the times people love it the first time, and buying snow gear pays itself after several future trips

As stated many times, when purchasing a board, I prefer about lip height, and I like it wide... Many different types of boards out there so beware which style u want to venture into.. Speed, Freestyle, etc..

TIPS WHEN ON THE SLOPE:

When you fall, it is human nature to catch ones self with his/her wrists, and hands, DO NOT.. i repeat DO NOT catch urself in this manner, it could lead to more possible injuries.. the safest method to fall IMO is to tuck your hands and cross your arms across your chest.. Keeping your wrists and hands safe is important.

Another good tip is when you fall, it is to try to get back up on your feet and move off to the side as stated earlier. Not only out of common courtesy by as well as your wel being and the other coming down fast as well.

And the last tip I can give would have to be about getting off the ski lift. (Noobie's Death Zone) IMO, it will get easier as it gets more repetitive.. But try to get a good balance and weight distribution before you stand up. Then as you get up.. let the lift kind of nudge you forward as you proceed down. Keeping the back foot on the stomp pad, keep good balance and dont cling ontop ppl beside you..

Practice makes perfect! Always... and be safe! Always know your limit...

Happy Seaons!
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #39
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb890
if you can't use your boarding gear for more than one year you suck at life. if you're still growing, you buy the board a little big, its pretty simple really.

i said you can use it more than once, that why i said start off with the good stuff.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #40
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb890
telling a person who just got into the sport to buy a $1,000 board is the WORST advice i have ever seen.

i have big feet so i needed a wide board. i love my Ride Yukon, its really responsive and quick reacting for a wide board. i have Drake Matrix bindings which i highly recommend, Drake makes some great bindings. and Northwave boots. brands don't matter as much as the quality of the stuff because all brands have their good stuff and shitty stuff. so to the kid who said Burton and K2 are top of the line, pay no attention to him. Burton's and K2's high-priced stuff is nice, but the lower grade stuff is trash. I had a Burton Floater and it sucks. My friend has a Burton Canyon (their expensive wide board, more than the Ride Yukon) and i like my Ride Yukon MUCH MUCH more.

don't buy for the name brand, buy for the quality and find something you like.

he dont have to take my advice, you never know, but he might like it better than it all. the vapor is a light weight board with good flex for tricks. i used it and it really nice.
if he starts out, why not start with one of the best?
you might like the yukon, i aint ragging on you making that decision.
and you said it yourself, burton make good stuff only if it top of the line, and i did suggest top of the line.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:56 PM   #41
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

+1 for 2k6 cartels...

i dont think u guys comprehend my 6 bolt setup
Old 12-29-2005, 11:09 PM   #42
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal of Glory
thats what most people think, if you've skated you'll think you'll have no problem getting on a snowboard...well thats not entirely true.....snowboard control is alot different from skateboarding...I've been skating on and off for the last 9 years or so too...
Post of the year.

I went in thinking that the 8 years of skateboarding would help...

Nah, not so much.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #43
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
Quote:
Originally Posted by -usmd-180sx
+1 for San Jose avid Snowboarder...

down for a zilvia bay trip... ([email protected])

Happy Seaons!
u wanna work together to plan a trip? i wanna go to bear valley again to use my lift ticket plus i wanted to go before i go back to school so yea lets go! hotels are nearby i think plus bear valley isnt that hard and when i went i didnt see too many ppl.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #44
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

sure, Im going back up possibly the 2nd week of Jan. A couple of my buddies are goin as well.. maybe we can carivan.. and all pitch in for a cabin..

would be mighty sweet. Would you prefer tahoe or reno? I can do both, but i think we might be going to kirkwood in Jan. Thats on the Tahoe side..

Name possible places we can all go boarding, lodge, and how long the trip would be.

So we can get a headcount on whom might be going, and so forth. Ill start a survery to see how many ppl wanna go, and where.

Ski or Snowboarding : ( / )

Reno or Tahoe : ( )

Name of Resort : ( )

Name of Lodging : ( )

How many ppl going with yourself : ( )

Do you have any Season Passes (Resort passes, Snowbomb Cards, Etc)

( )

Hope this helps our Zilvia Trip.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #45
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I wanna go!! Don't exclude me Jon Wayne!

snowboard

tahoe

where ever

just me

nope
Old 12-31-2005, 02:48 AM   #46
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Ski or Snowboarding : snowboarding

Reno or Tahoe : (i think its reno but either is fine )

Name of Resort : ( bear valley but kirkwood is nice)

Name of Lodging : ( whereever)

How many ppl going with yourself : ( just me)

Do you have any Season Passes (nope just a free lift ticket for bear valley)
Old 01-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #47
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

so umm i was think we should go snowboarding 14-16 sat-mon or leave friday reason being the 16th is a holiday that way some of us dont have school ::nudge nudge evan:: so umm lets get a cabin or hotel/motel and head up there and snowboard
Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #48
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
I'm in!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #49
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

in as well..

but the true question IS... where ya wanna go hit the slopes?

tahoe or reno..

depending mostly on where we can get the lodging at.. Its gonna go towards that direction.. Im down for anything.. Boreal, Sugar Bowl, Bear Valley, Heavenly, Kirkwood, to name a few... lets get a vote... i got atleast 6 or 7 friends going with me too.. so lets make it a fun trip!

Also, if we are leavin on Fri-Mon, 13-16... we can snowboard like 2 days... Sat & Sun. would be fun, cause most the time I go up, I always wanna go boarding the day we come back down... just a thought
Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #50
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

We can go snow drifting! lol j/p

I like Tahoe better.. but I'm not picky.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #51
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

lets try to get this all set up the first week of Jan.. so when the 2nd week rolls around.. we can all go without a hitch..
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #52
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

i wanna go to bear valley or kirkwood +1 to those resorts.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #53
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Kirkwood's dope.. has those "play areas"
Old 01-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #54
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

+ 6 for kirkwood im voting for my friends too..

Plus, i think there are dope ass cabins near the Heavenly resort, and Kirkwood is like 40 mins away from all the casinos...
Old 01-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #55
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Jon isn't invited anymore.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #56
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
yay im going again tommorow at 5am woot woot! mt. high..
jdm538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:04 AM   #57
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

what what what!!! how come im not invited anymore? cuz i changed ur mind from RB to KA-T
Old 01-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #58
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

Dorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enough
I've been snowboarding for about 11 years now. I ride a Lib Tech with Drakes and Northwave boots. Mission Six clothes. Pretty solid setup.
Dorifto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #59
-usmd-180sx
Zilvia Addict

UPDATE:

Kirkwood +1

Lake Tahoe +1

Lodging - anywhere cheap

Date - Jan 14 -16th (coming back 16th)

Coming from - San Jose

Email - [email protected]

lets keep this alive!!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #60
papa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
papa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to papa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto89
I've been snowboarding for about 11 years now. I ride a Lib Tech with Drakes and Northwave boots. Mission Six clothes. Pretty solid setup.
how do you like your lib?? i have an M3 right now but i start looking into there stuff