Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-14-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Ugh. My work shop has stuff all over it.

The old low compression KA and it's transmission. Then I saw someone selling an allegedly low mileage KA with reported 50K miles on it. I drove and bought that one. Then decided like a month later I did not want another 155hp engine in the car. Fast forward time. someone was selling a notchtop SR20 with a spun bearing for like 400. Checked it out, was literally in pieces. bottom and top end seperated. Block looked good, cross hatching was fine. No idea on the crank. Included the transmission.

So now I have two KA's, an SR and two transmission in the work shop. Starting buying swap parts for the SR before it is even built.

Found one shop so far in Atlanta that will rebuild the SR for 3k. Figured shid I can make that no problem, but then thought since its already apart might as well go for forged rods and pistons which they suggested 6k for that so saving up. Then I started talking to a guy who builds LS engines in his garages, helped me take the engine out of my truck.

Now I keep talking myself out of picking up a cheap LM7 and swapping it as I can make 400rwhp pretty easy.

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2022, 06:40 AM   #2
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Ugh. My work shop has stuff all over it.

So now I have two KA's, an SR and two transmission in the work shop. Starting buying swap parts for the SR before it is even built.

Now I keep talking myself out of picking up a cheap LM7 and swapping it as I can make 400rwhp pretty easy.

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
I have my old S14 ka, one spare subaru trans, and like 7 SR/ka 5 speeds.
I keep trying to buy another sr20 to be a back up to the one in the car currently.

If I were in your spot, I'd sit down and have a hard conversation with yourself and really determine what you want/ can do. Inspection is an issue you need to consider, and parts availability/ aftermarket support. We are in a time where all 3 of those engines have good support.

I would have stuck with my KA had I kept reading and doing more research on the ka-t setups. Since I have more cars now I will still try a ka-t and do my own little comparison.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote