Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 AM   #511
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Hey guys! Got a small parts wave going on right now....my new wheels are here! I got a set of 6 Rays Gram Lights 57 Optimise's! All of them are 18x9.5 +12, the lowest offset they make, but I'll prob go a bit lower still with a spacer front and back! 4 are white and 2 are the grey (gun Blue) color. I got a really really ridiculous deal on them so I had to jump on it, thanks [email protected], if you need parts, you should really talk to him!! My reasoning behind going this route you might ask? Well, I have a few!

First off, the 57 Maximum's I had were a touch too small...18's will fit the body styling much better. Secondly, these have a bit lower of an offset and are also a touch wider so thats always good! Thirdly, no one, at least that I have seen, has these wheels on an S14, period! So that makes my setup a little more unique and they styling is much different from what is usually seen on s-chassis cars lately so thats great too! Also, If i fold one up at the track, I wouldnt have to wait/pay harshly as if I had bought Professors/Meisters, etc like I originally wanted!

Tires will be here monday, and a few other goodies will be rolling in too...Ill keep this posted. Im trying to have this thing 100% ready for paint this next weekend so I got lots of work to do....trying to beat the cold weather!

Pics:

All 6, partially haha!

Hotness

Ribbed for my pleasure? Gross!

White + Grey = Crazy Delicious!

Thanks for looking and stay tuned!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #512
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Here's something I whipped up celebrating my favorite vendor...just stole another few g's from me today LOL

It's all about the Benjamins baby

LOL

Project is coming along!

Matching rims 4+ = how it should be done!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #513
palooza73

Trader Rating: (0)
palooza73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey gavster. what pipe bender did you use to make your roll cage?
palooza73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #514
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Haha thanks Logan!

palooza73, its a JD2 Model 3
Old 09-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #515
palooza73

palooza73 is an unknown quantity at this point
so did did you bend a complete hoop? Did the bender kink, or squeeze the piping ?
palooza73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #516
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Those wheels are AWESOME !!!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #517
sxe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
sxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond reputesxe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so wheres the update!! blehh
sxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #518
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Update time! So...last time I updated I got my wheels and sold my other S14 freeing up some space n' capital so I can get some stuff done on this car...

Today...I am updating with the addition of tires, wheels n suspension back on the car + I painted the cage! Tires are Federal 595's - 225/40/R18 all around! The stretch isnt extreme, but I have a feeling it would look a bit more extreme on another brand, like Falken's. They are 9.5" wheels for anyone who cares. After that, and looking at the glorious wheels mounted on the car...I decided to run a different direction with the cage color, and match it to the wheels. Honestly, masking took the most time for this little task and I went through about 3 cans of Rustoleum High Performance "Appliance" paint lol! Masking used up about a roll of tape, a few large plastic sheets as well as about 10-15 school newspapers I stole one day haha...thanks to UNM for sponsoring my car hahaha! Any how...I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking....

OH, I also cleaned off my knee bar and installed it...I opted not to paint it as its just going to be covered by the dash, etc. It would be rather involved too with all the little brackets, etc...any how....next on my slate is to install the column with the steering quickener I got...Also, the motor will go in soon, but I will now be making a custom x-member to accommodate the motors position and abandoning dry sump...in the interest of time, cost, etc, I really dont need the dry sump and I know I can pull off a bad-ass xmember so...look for that as well! Pics of the progress:

First off...Rear wheels...please note I'm still working the flares + spacing the wheels to go a little wider!

Fronts...also going with a large spacer....need to set the ride height too etc...also still working the fender

Now...the tools of the day(s)...Thanks UNM for the free papers haha

Masking techniques

More masked areas...plastic was useful over large spaces!

Roof was done with papers!

More...

So, after it was all dry, I took all the masking off and voila!

Good match to the wheels...almost perfect!

Good contrast IMO...

Hot hot hot

Slammed again...never to be 4x4 again..

Little front shot...first day light its seen in MONTHS

Clean'd knee bar...used WD40 to eat off the flash-rust!

Its coming together!

Thanks for lookin' as usual, I <3 you guys!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #519
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
wow dood looks great! i love the white and silver
Old 10-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #520
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
ha ha ha track slut not yet more like a track virgin she is so clean, looking great man keep it up
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #521
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
the car is so badass it can hardly contain itself. ....or maybe thats me that can hardly contain myself...hmm
Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #522
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Those wheels are hotness
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #523
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing... Good choice on matching the cage to the wheels- looks hot!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #524
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
sick build dude..lookin good!!

Last edited by Slammed Assassin; 10-08-2007 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: mistake
Slammed Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:34 AM   #525
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I like white cages. I like white wheels.

Your car I like.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #526
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Man Gav, I love this car so much and its not even assembled yet!
Makes me wanna handle business with my car in a similar but less awesome fashion haha.

Love the painted rollcage, it would have been sweet if you painted the knee bar in that white colour as well! Even though no one would see it haha, its the thought that counts.

keep up the awesome work though Gavin!
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #527
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
cant wait to see the dash lol
Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #528
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for the props guys...Ill be sure to keep you guys posted as usual, and Ill take some good pics of the steering-quickener since I know a lot of people will have interest in that!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #529
eyehate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
eyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enougheyehate will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
gavin you silly silly man.... you+me+spacers = more hotness on your ride.

someday man.... someday.

DriftExchange
eyehate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #530
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks for all the props guys, keeps me motivated!! I even got to work on it tonight...which is super weird, since I rarely get time during the week between work and school! Im very very close to final paint!! Tonight I prepped the trunk lid. The one that came with the car was pulled and stretched beyond good repair, so i got one from the junk yard for about 40 bucks! It only had one weeeee dent in it which easily fixed. Also, the rest of the goodies I needed for paint arrived! This includes ganador mirrors and a c-west rear trunk lip! I think Ill have the car all prepped out this weekend and sprayed the following weekend, weather permitting! Pics:

Ganador Hotness

The real deal on the lip

Resting on the un-prepped trunk

Another view

The prepped trunk lid

Thanks guys...hopefully that little update will hold you a while!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #531
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
coming allong great keep up the good work

-Juan

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 AM   #532
iHeart240

iHeart240 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to iHeart240
im reallydigging this good luck man i wish i could do this own little project myself lol
iHeart240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #533
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wow man. Some really quality work going on there, definite props to you.

Really makes me wish I had a garage, and the time to learn how to weld and do paint and bodywork. My paint's lookin' a little rough and I can't currently afford anything more than a $199 Earl Scheib overspray special
SHIFT_*grind* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #534
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
best build on zilvia
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #535
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
so awesome man any update is a good one.
Hey I know you a very busy dude, but I sent a PM when you have some spare time think you can take a look? Thanks alot man.

Keep up the work!
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #536
1CLNS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Wow this is turning into an awesome build!

Daily Driven
1CLNS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #537
gprb25
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
gprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of lightgprb25 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
That lip spoiler is a nice addition! You're car is going to look AMAZING! Love the color scheme.
gprb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #538
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CLNS14 View Post
Wow this is turning into an awesome build!
lol, it's only just now turning into an awesome build?

keep up the good work gavster.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #539
DP_Michelle G
Zilvia Addict

DP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really niceDP_Michelle G is just really nice
the Ganador are sex

nice build
Old 10-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #540
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
All I have to say Gav is this!

After all this work and money, you better now EVER and I mean EVER
get rid of this car. Seriously!!!