Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #811
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Man the color scheme is perfect...nice progress
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #812
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
Gavster marry me! lolz. good work mannnn keep it coming.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #813
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush
youre making me want to turn my zenki into a dedicated track slut and not wait for a 2nd shell!

absolutely awsome

just lower it a bit

+1 rb in s14
hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #814
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Gets better and better every updates you do !!!

Finished car is gonna look awesome !
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #815
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sheesh...Thing is hot like sauce my dude.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #816
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Car and build thread are amazing, keep up the great work.

Seth
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #817
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
keep up the good work!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #818
thetopcow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
thetopcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I thought for sure with 28 pages this would be a done deal! love the work man keep it up!
thetopcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #819
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
Hey how much do you think that seam welding helps? My LS swap is coming up and I'm trying to decide how to handle the frame... Is the seam welding mostly just for rigidity/handling, or does it provide significant resistance to twisting from beastly amounts of torque?

Sorry, kinda nub question I know :<
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #820
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risu2112 View Post
rigidity/handling... resistance to twisting from torque?
:<
They are the same thing.
Rigidity = resistance to twisting
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #821
Risu2112
Leaky Injector

Risu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura aboutRisu2112 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
They are the same thing.
Rigidity = resistance to twisting

I didn't write that very well, what I mean is resistance to damaging the frame from massive amounts of torque, actually bending the frame from the power.
Risu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #822
sliksta1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nice attention to detail! maybe we will oneday meet up at the track.. i live in NM too. how about the snow? i know we got a shit load up in northern NM. check out my thread man.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #823
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I dont think i'ts been covered, i read the whole thread a few weeks ago, but why did you change from kouki to zenki? was it a cost issue? i know you can sell the kouki for a nice profit and throw zenki on for next to nothing, but i thought you had the kouki stuff all painted up and ready to go?! Also, you can probably answer this have you ever seen kouki hood and headlights with zenki fenders and side markers? how about the other way around? Well do they line up fine? i'd like to see what this looks like and if you still have your kouki stuff you could throw it on and it may be a pretty cool/unique look. Sweet as build man love every aspect of it, you better get er done though track days are coming fast!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #824
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I really appreciate it! I'll answer a few reponses now:

Silviaz - school doesnt pay well....yet....it will when Im all done! For now working many jobs and well over 40 hours a week does this for me!

Risu2112 - SicBastard is on the right track, the stitch welding improves rigidity of the entire chassis, i.e. resistance to deformation along the material. I doubt your ls1 will generate so much torque it will tweak an unwelded frame...keep in mind motors are on mounts that isolate (somewhat) the forces generated by the drivetrain and keep everything else peachy keen. The real damage created by your torque monster could come through from busted driveshafts, rear ends, etc, but not so much the chassis. Seam welding cant hurt though and a rigid platform is a good platform in my book! HTH

Sliksta1 - sick, another NM guy! Where are you at up north? Im just seein the mountains gettin caked today lol! I check your thread, the motor build looks good! Thanks for looking at mine too...are you on RSW?

Im not sure Ill get much work done on this car this weekend...Im participating in a time attack with my STi on saturday (Got 2nd over all last month, gotta try to do a little better, lol!) and the girl is in town for the weekend so its a double whammy to the progress. Ill try to get something going at some point though! Keep an eye out!

BTW, it looks like i double linked a photo and the sleazy myspace style pic didnt come out, so here it is:

Old 03-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #825
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
I dont think i'ts been covered, i read the whole thread a few weeks ago, but why did you change from kouki to zenki? was it a cost issue? i know you can sell the kouki for a nice profit and throw zenki on for next to nothing, but i thought you had the kouki stuff all painted up and ready to go?! Also, you can probably answer this have you ever seen kouki hood and headlights with zenki fenders and side markers? how about the other way around? Well do they line up fine? i'd like to see what this looks like and if you still have your kouki stuff you could throw it on and it may be a pretty cool/unique look. Sweet as build man love every aspect of it, you better get er done though track days are coming fast!
Well, I changed because I just like Zenki better....period. I thought I could force myself to be partial to Kouki, but zenki just fits better IMO so I went back. And also, the costing thing, youre right, I was able to pick up some coin by reverting back to zenki AND getting styling I like even more! The kouki stuff was never painted, only primed so I didnt have too much invested there. The hybrid zenki/kouki front might work, but I think the zenki corners are a tad taller than the kouki, and you might be able to make it work, but it would be pretty haggard. The bumpers are also different to accomodate this difference in light height. Interesting idea though! Thanks for reading!!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #826
sliksta1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura aboutsliksta1 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im in espanola lol. but i work in los alamos. thanks for checking it out. i will be posting some more on RSW for sure. cant wait to see your car in action.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #827
ThAzOLa

ThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymore
Huge project dude!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #828
eye-5

Trader Rating: (1)
eye-5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just read from start to finish! Motivates me to work on my project for this season. It's a Autocross/time attack/track day beater. Trading in my RSX Type S for no car payments & rear wheel drive.
eye-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #829
boozels
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
boozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to allboozels is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I <3 this project
making me step my game up

t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com t-apc.com
boozels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #830
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Damn, sweet build. That thing is gonna sound awesome. There better be a side exit exhaust on there!
driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #831
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
car look amazing. great build man.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #832
brewer

brewer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brewer
I've gotta get off of this forum, makes me want to sell my Honda
brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #833
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
i love what u done with the place. amazin build. fab work top notch.
keep it going

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #834
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
ha, nice to have an S14 track slut AND an STI, wtf!
lol, like I should talk.

amazing buildup, proper stuff for proper usage. nice!

more pics puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #835
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Friggin nuts man, can't wait for more updates as always.

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #836
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
why not keep the Kouki rear end and the Zenki front? Kouki tails look much much better we all know that. =)

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #837
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
why not keep the Kouki rear end and the Zenki front? Kouki tails look much much better we all know that. =)
Truth! The Kouki tail's win at everything forever.
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 AM   #838
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
UsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UsJdmTUner
post some pics of your STI....
UsJdmTUner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 AM   #839
driftninja
Leaky Injector

driftninja is an unknown quantity at this point
cleanest and most indepth build ive seen in a privateer project and probably in any professional setting. +100 million for you taking the time to log your progress and share it with us
Old 03-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #840
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Very nice fab work! I really wish I had my own garage so I could build an s-13 coupe in similar fashion (I just can't clog up a rack at my shop for months on end). But any RB can suck my dick (too long, tall, and heavy in my opinion). I want an LSx but I kinda hate to bastardize the car like that. On paper though it just makes sense! Seriously though man your car is just too pretty to be a track whore. Whores are supposed to be ugly fucking bitches that will blow your fucking mind if you let them. LOL! I am extremely impressed, this is the best buil thread and fab-work that i have ever seen. Keep it up!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote