Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Central States

South Central States Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lonestarbash & Lonstardrift Rd2 Double Header weekend!

I am proud to announce a DOUBLE + HEADER event. It is going to be over the top big with some cool surprises. Guest driver and Judge Matt Powers will be in attendance!

June 29th - Classroom session, Autocomp Racecars, in Fort Worth

This will be known as day one of the weekend, and is a free day and laid back, no driving. Matt Powers will be part of a classroom session we will be hosting. He will cover his experiences in Formula Drift as a driver, along with other topics of his choosing. This will be a laid back teaching session which you must RSVP for a spot, because I want our drivers to have first dibs on the classroom session. One week before the event I will close registration for the classroom session and if I feel we have any spots left open I will give them away to first come first serve. The second portion of this classroom session will be given by the owner of Autocomp, Marty, and will cover basic car setup and suspension stuff. Come prepared with your questions carefully formed and ready for Marty so he can help you out.

Time: 2pm-whenever
Location: Autocomp Racecars 2515 Minnis Drive, Haltom City, TX
(817) 759-2277 ‎
Price: Free, but you must RSVP. Drivers only. PM me.

------------

June 30th - THE MOTHER FUCKING LONESTAR BASH!

Our first few years of LSB were amazing, then last year we had a bit of a snafu with double scheduling with an XDC event, which sucked some of our drivers away from us. This year we are going for broke. I am bringing in Matt Powers and his pirate ship Formula Drift S14 to spice things up, along with possibly a couple other drivers coming out with him. He will be tandeming with us! I have also gone ahead and made sure all the usual suspects will be available for Lone Star Bash, and have a drivers list already shaping up with names which have already RSVPed to come such as Stewart Leask, Robert Turnbow, Will Parsons, Brock White, Brad Burnett, Josh Steele, Fielding Shredder, Spencer, Kyle, Tyler, Matt, Justin, Mario, Aaren, and about a dozen more top tier Texas drivers. I am working to make this the biggest LSB yet and I am aiming for over 60 drivers at the minimum. The tandem at this event is going to be insane, especially since Matt Powers told me he is looking forward to smashing his car up at the event. I am planning on having free beer for everyone of age in the crowd....

Time: Drivers arrive at 8am, crowd arrives at 10am or whenever they want.
Price: Drivers are $50, spectators are $10.
Registration: Drivers must preregister online by pay paling 51 dollars to [email protected]. If you do not preregister, we will accept at payment at the gate, but with a 24 dollar late charge bringing your total to 75 dollars. Please register early before the event! Registration closes on Thursday night.

------------

The night of June 30th, Autocomp Racecars will be open for free tire mounting and shop space to fix broken cars. This is a full service shop with plenty of tools, and if you fix your stuff yourself, it won't cost you a thing. The shop will be open from sometime in the afternoon for as late as it takes to finish your work. You can also pitch a tent in their yard or pitch a sleeping bag in their air conditioned parts room if you can't afford a hotel room. You will be shot if you steal something and your body will be burned.

-------------

July 1st - Round 2 of the Lone Star Drift Series!

This is the day after Lone Star Bash, and is going to be at the Nascar Track Road Course at Texas Motor Speedway. It should be an awesome fight in our points race for those 3 Formula Drift licenses we will be giving out at the end of the year. Our first event of the year had 24 caged cars fighting it out, with an additional 37 cars just having fun practicing. The level of driving was awesome, as was the new fleet of drift cars we had attending. We will have a guest judge helping out, Matt Powers, and he will also be tendering at the track with our drivers to keep things interesting.

Time: Drivers arrive at 8am, spectators arrive at 10am or whenever they like.
Price: Drivers $99, spectators are $10.
Registration: Drivers must preregister online by pay paling the $99 to [email protected]. There will be no registration at the gate for this event, it must be done online. All registrations must be finished by the Thursday night before the event.

To sponsor the event please contact Aaron Losey at 210-269-4071. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Here are the Facebook event pages:

http://www.facebook.com/events/361167793919363/
http://www.facebook.com/events/314360548629401/

------

Thank you to all our sponsors!

Non Stop Tuning @ nonstoptuning.com
Spec Clutches @ specclutch.com
Kenda Tires @ kendausa.com
Autocomp Racecars @ 817-759-2277 ‎
ASD Motorsports @ asdmotorsports.com

Last edited by aaronlosey; 04-30-2012 at 09:50 PM..
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
InfraRed407
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
InfraRed407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InfraRed407
Can't Wait!
InfraRed407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Its going down!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
We just picked up a new sponsor for the event which is really exciting. For the competition on day two ASD Motorsports is donating 2 bad ass hydro ebrakes to our prize pool! They are already in my hands and look amazing. By far the nicest hydro ebrake setups I have ever played with, and I have had and used half a dozen at least. They sent me one setup of each style, both a push and pull. These prizes will be placed in our prize pool which already consists of some other really nice stuff. Thank you very much ASD Motorsports!

asdmotorsports.com

Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
InfraRed407
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
InfraRed407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InfraRed407
This is coming up soon!
InfraRed407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Also, Matt posted up this video on our Facebook event page to get you guys excited to drive with him!

thunder on the lot 2012 on Vimeo
Old 07-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Media roundup from round 2 : ) Post up good media links and pics. I will add more as I find it.

First off we have Jake's Flickr stream with some rad stuff in it, go check it out.

Flickr: Jake Guenthardt's Photostream

Next up is Sy Pham's pics. They have more of a variety in the cars shot.

Facebook

Facebook