Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody ever gotten "secondhand" or "contact" drunk?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
now thats a real comment, i respect that, because u can get it in ur system just by contact lol...isnt there a certain type of bagel that also leaves "traces" of wat appears to be thc in ur bloodstream....

hey in all honesty, the laws are changing rather quickly, kind of like the rastafarians wanting it to be legalized...it is in a sense for them, because its used in religious practice...i think it was passed on '03, they can't traffic it, they can't haVE it shipped, or get caught with it in a wrong venue i guess, but they can grow it and smoke it without being penalized
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Have you ever experienced a contact high? I haven't.

I sure as hell know what it feels like to be high and I hang out with a lot of stoners, hell I even hang out with them when they are hotboxing a car... nothing.

Shit's bogus.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Have you ever experienced a contact high? I haven't.

I sure as hell know what it feels like to be high and I hang out with a lot of stoners, hell I even hang out with them when they are hotboxing a car... nothing.

Shit's bogus.
I have to disagree with you here. There are plenty of cases of "secondhand" highs, especially in the situation you describe as "hotboxing" a car. Google might help you out a little bit with your arguement. But have you ever got drunk by being around somebody consuming alcohol? Cause I sure as hell have not.

The people you are describing and "hanging out" with are exactly the reason marijuana will never be legalized. "Hotboxing" a car certainly is not giving you any credibility. It is the people who ABUSE the substance that ruin it for everyone else. I do not smoke and won't, but for the people who do you can thank your fellow "potheads" for giving everyone a bad name.

And back to the Hemp thing. As somebody else said Hemp does not automatically mean marijuana is involved. And sure there is tons of money to be had but is it more than whats with paper? I doubt it, trees are available NOW, Hemp takes an investment for down the road. The government sees dollar signs, but they don't care about the dollar signs if they are twenty years down the road.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
And back to the Hemp thing. As somebody else said Hemp does not automatically mean marijuana is involved. And sure there is tons of money to be had but is it more than whats with paper? I doubt it, trees are available NOW, Hemp takes an investment for down the road. The government sees dollar signs, but they don't care about the dollar signs if they are twenty years down the road.
^False^

Im pretty sure Hemp would put the paper companys out of business. Because 1 hemp grows alot lot more faster then trees so it replenishes its self faster then trees. 2 It will be alot less harmful to the environment because you can have a hemp farm to produce all the hemp you want without cutting down millions and millions of trees to make the same amount of hemp paper.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
^False^

Im pretty sure Hemp would put the paper companys out of business. Because 1 hemp grows alot lot more faster then trees so it replenishes its self faster then trees. 2 It will be alot less harmful to the environment because you can have a hemp farm to produce all the hemp you want without cutting down millions and millions of trees to make the same amount of hemp paper.
I think you missed my point. The United States can continue to cut down trees RIGHT NOW. They can't just pop up Hemp farms overnight. It takes time, capital, and employees. And to be totally honest I would not see it putting PAPER out of business, unless of course they stopped using wood to build thing and started using Hemp. Paper isn't just made from raw trees, the leftovers from production of lumber are also used as an example. Hemp has little uses at the moment to the market, you don't see a large demand for Hemp clothing, or Hemp paper for that matter. Hemp products haven't taken off because frankly they are not worth the cost IMO. I mean hell they have existed for MANY years.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
The people you are describing and "hanging out" with are exactly the reason marijuana will never be legalized. "Hotboxing" a car certainly is not giving you any credibility. It is the people who ABUSE the substance that ruin it for everyone else. I do not smoke and won't, but for the people who do you can thank your fellow "potheads" for giving everyone a bad name.
I don't care what other teenagers do.

They aren't giving me a bad name, they are contributing to a stereotype that holds a lot of merit. Such is life.

I'm just saying, I have never in my life felt any different from being around people smoking.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
I don't care what other teenagers do.

They aren't giving me a bad name, they are contributing to a stereotype that holds a lot of merit. Such is life.

I'm just saying, I have never in my life felt any different from being around people smoking.
Thats where you are VERY wrong. You should care what other teenagers do, because they are what lead to problems. It is the same with cars, in a respect. Because some jackass teenager wants to do donuts in a parking lot all the Imports get cracked down on, its simple cause and effect. When a bunch of kids get high and do something stupid guess what? It makes everybody who smokes look that much worse. Everytime a street racing punk kills somebody it makes ALL of us look bad. I hope you can see the correlation here. And thats great that YOU have never gotten a secondary high, does that mean it does not or could not happen? I am sure YOU do not have cancer, but does that mean cancer does not exist? The answer to both questions is NO.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thats where you are VERY wrong. You should care what other teenagers do, because they are what lead to problems.
I gave up on humanity in 5th grade at the San Juan Capistrano Mission.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
However, I have never heard of anyone getting a DUI/DWI because they sat next to someone who was doing shots of Patron.
valid, but i've heard of people getting cancer because they sat next to someone smoking cigarettes.

edit: i'll go ahead and say that there's no solid evidence of secondhand smoke causing cancer, and that smoking isn't the only way you can get cancer. but i'd really like to hear a solid, logical explanation of why tobacco is legal and marijuana isn't, based on health concern or public safety.

gonna go a little liberal here, bear with me.
the tobacco companies are the face of evil in America. they stay in business because they addict people to their product and their lobbyists hand out the most money.
when smoking bans started enjoying a little popularity in America, the tobacco companies realized they needed a new product that could be covertly consumed in places where smoking is banned, for the enjoyment of the addicted populace. in comes snus, which was never marketed here before, and, in fact, has now been banned in most of the EU.
and then they act like dealers. every magazine i open has a Camel ad in it with a coupon for a free tin of snus with any tobacco purchase. and for the past year or better, every time i go to a large event in the city (fourth of july fair, Taste St. Louis, St. Patrick's day parade, etc etc etc), there are two tents set up: one for Camel and one for Skoal. the Camel tent gives anyone over 18 TWO free tins of Snus for walking in with a valid ID. the Skoal tent does the same with their snus product and Skoal Bandits. first one's free, isn't that the saying?
anyway, tobacco is the devil and it's legal. if the concern is people getting contact highs... i've never experienced one, and that could easily be controlled.