Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Koni Sport (Yellow) Strut & shocks

I have pretty much decided to get a set of Koni Sports. I've just heard an overwhelmingly (and almost unanimous) number of positive reviews about them, and not just for 240sx.

I have a few questions though before I invest in a set. Could you guys help me out?

1) The front Koni Sports are "inserts" which go into your OEM front strut housing with some modification (cutting & drilling). I have a set of old blown KYB AGX which are just laying around. Could I perform the same procedure on these as OEM? Or are the KYB AGX and stock front struts internally different?

2) Has anyone revalved them before? If you know how much it costs, please let me know.

3) Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
jmauld
Zilvia Junkie

jmauld is making a name for him/her selfjmauld is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jmauld
1) OEM and AGX bodies are not the same shape. I do not believe the Konis will fit inside of the AGX. The procedure is fairly easy, just takes a little bit of time. BTW, if you're the original owner of the AGX shocks, then you should get those warrantied, and sell them as good shocks.

2) Typical rebuild prices: http://www.propartsusa.com/information.php?info_id=15 *I've never used these guys.

3) I got mine from shox.com several years ago. However, recent phone calls to these guys and they seemed to be getting a chip on their shoulders. Use your own discretion before ordering from them.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #3
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Thanks jmauld. They're not my AGXs....and my friend who gave them to me had no receipt or anything If that were the case I would've just use the AGXs.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
93 240sxfastback
Leaky Injector

93 240sxfastback is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget the rear struts are only adjustable off of the car. Set them before you install them.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 240sxfastback
Don't forget the rear struts are only adjustable off of the car. Set them before you install them.

Nope, haven't forgotten.

Now, anyone know where to buy them cheap? thanks.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Paseo564
Leaky Injector

Paseo564 will become famous soon enoughPaseo564 will become famous soon enoughPaseo564 will become famous soon enough
cheap koni's

EBAY. I paid $550 for a Ground Control/Koni combination. Although, that was about a year and a half ago.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #7
spdfreek0o
Zilvia Member

spdfreek0o will become famous soon enoughspdfreek0o will become famous soon enoughspdfreek0o will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to spdfreek0o
pdm-racing sells them, and you can get them installed with ground control spring perches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants
LoLoLoL, you gotta replace the wire on your mig with a spool of hopes and dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101
Its one of them cars that runs on hopes and dreams, and a little bit of boost. lol
Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Grandpa
Zilvia Member

Grandpa is an unknown quantity at this point
I got mine from shox.com as well. Install on the fronts was straight forward.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can get you Konis. What year is your car?

I'll continue this convo w/ you via PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
ep510
Leaky Injector

ep510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurDz

Now, anyone know where to buy them cheap? thanks.
I cannot remember where I bought them --but shop around --They will just get them drop shipped to you from Koni.

Another rebuilder is Truechoice and I am told Fox Shocks ( think dirt bike or Quad) in Canada will rebuild/revalve any brand
Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
welcome to 6 months ago.