Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
jambadre
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jambadre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ebay Turbos

Does anyone know if some of the turbo kits sold on ebay for the KA engines are any good ? They are only around 800 bucks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/jdm-N...71391818QQrdZ1

Sory if this has been asked before, just couldnt find anything about it.
jambadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
well its usually....
you get wat u pay for
but i looked at the auction, im wondering if those r new parts

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like how at the bottom of the description it says:

"Fits 94 up Nissan 240sx S14, S15with KA24DE Engine."
ladiesman8527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiesman8527

Attention to detail is amazing.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
rossfashow
Zilvia Junkie

rossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura about
hella cheapo, you get what you pay for.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
jambadre
Zilvia Member

So does that come down to dont even bother ? or it might be worth it ?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
i think my post made it clear that the people selling that bullshit dont know what theyre talking about. buy it if u feel like wasting money by all means.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiesman8527

yea ive seen that a long time ago, made me rofl. To think that someone would take their S15 sr out for a ka, its different... but its crazy.

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
jambadre
Zilvia Member

What would you suggest then ?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

lol, save your money and buy some quality shit.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
total waste of money
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #12
kodama
Leaky Injector

kodama is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kodama
i knew someone who bought a kit like this for their civic. the turbine overheated on the intake side, broke, and went flying into the cylinders (wasnt running an intercooler at the time).

i wouldnt touch one of those kits w/ a 20 foot pole.

and what would i suggest. depends on what you want to do. you could buy a quality kit, or just get an sr20. up to you (buy the sr )
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #13
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
The IC kits are fine. Turbo's I would just use a used garret. Manifolds Id reccomend Xo2 racing they are better than the SS auto junk.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #14
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I find the people who are into all of the cheap ebay stuff are the same people who while visiting Tijuana are interested in the donkey show and up with a prostitute.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
rossfashow
Zilvia Junkie

rossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura aboutrossfashow has a spectacular aura about
dude! im hella up to watch a donkey show. lol.. na.. my friend told me that you havent seen anything until you've seen a donkey show.. its like you see it and you cant stop because you are soo speechless that it is sooo disgusting but and you are like wtf...
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #16
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
You could piece a better kit than that for 800.

Cmon.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
People on Zilvia only roll ebay when it has a brand name to go with it.

Like Megan... or K-Sport...
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #18
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
ksport might as well just have its model's called ebay's

K Sport's presents Ebay's!

best in shitty crappy weakass coilovers.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #19
coupelove626
BANNED

coupelove626 is an unknown quantity at this point
eBay is awesome. Just dont buy no name brand performance parts. Like that turbo kit.
coupelove626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:25 AM   #20
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I agree that ebay stuff its ok, as long as there's no moving parts - IC Kits, manifolds (spend a couple hundred $$$ a couple times on ebay stuff or spend a few hundred more on a JDM manifold and have it last longer), exhaust, whatever... just not turbos, not wastegates, not BOVs.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #21
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That cold pipe won't line up on a KA throttle body.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #22
sbanzer123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
sbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the roughsbanzer123 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
let me give you a hint

http://media.putfile.com/Turbo-explosion
sbanzer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #23
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring
ksport might as well just have its model's called ebay's

K Sport's presents Ebay's!

best in shitty crappy weakass coilovers.
I know someone who has an r33 GTR with a big frickin turbo (gt40 something I think?) and he has K Sports on the car. "It needed struts. I couldnt find any replacement's for cheaper then the price of these coil overs"

Correction, they might have been d2's....either way = /
Old 01-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #24
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
JGS FTW!! www.jgstools.com/turbo
Old 01-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #25
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
for $700 you could buy a new s15 turbo from nissan! and for a little less then that you could also buy a s14 turbo.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #26
S.ONE.THREE
BANNED

S.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to allS.ONE.THREE is a name known to all
i have that same turbo in my rx-7 but i had the intake side polished and its been running fine on 15psi for the past 6 months...
here is a picture of the motor after the instill into my S5 vert 6 months ago.
S.ONE.THREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #27
Eric240sx1990
Leaky Injector

Eric240sx1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
well, that movie of the turbo blowing up proves nothing....
they must have been spinnin that turbo for some serious boost... almost 400 hp or something... thats y it blew up

it could have been a used turbine.. they could have assembled the turbo by themself

who knows what parts they were using.... and also, was that a Talon? i lol at talon....

who knows where the ebay turbo was made and it it was tested for quality controll.

Ive bought numerous parts off ebay and never had any problems wiith buying performance parts from ebay. Cept one time where I bought headlights for my focus and the wires overheated and my headlights went out while I was driving home at night..... pretty safe.....

my suggestion would be to <1. piece together a high quality turbo and manifold.> <2. buy one of those 200 dollar FMIC's off ebay (you will have to fab your own cold pipe for the KA). <3. get some higher capacity injectors and tune it> Some of the FMICs are good quality and some are crap aluminum foil feeling peices of crap. just look through the sellers feedback to see if they are reputable.

2002 F.o.r.d. Focus SVT All-Weather package, Steeda STS, Cool flow, borla catback, 3" ss dowmpipe, H&R cup kit, Front upper and rear upper Focus sport strutbars Focussport 9 mm wires, Denso iridium plugs,
Eric240sx1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
yea, i was thinking about buying a turbo off ebay too. i think it was the t3/t4 t04e 57 trim. decided to wait it out a bit for a better turbo, and i gotta get a new pc tower before i go turbo so it just made sense. if you wanna go for like 180-200hp, here's what you can do

- used t25 -- $150 tops, usually about $100
- 370cc injectors -- $100
- walbro 255lph fuel pump -- $85 (zilvia sticky for sale section)
- used smic -- $100 give or take or ssauto fmic kit -- $220ish
- ssauto bottom mount manifold -- $200ish
- jgs oil lines(feed+drain) -- $100ish
- apex'i safcII -- $200ish used
- custom downpipe or one from sr(im not sure, somebody correct me) -- $??

i think thatll do it, i think i might be missing a few parts(still a bit hungover). around the same price as the kit give or take a few, but itll probably last you a lot longer. IMO, dont go ka-t until you have enough money to get decent parts. the list i provided is just a cheap and quick way to turbo your car. hope it gave you some hindsight. btw check out ka-t.org

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
jambadre
Zilvia Member

Ya i've seen Ka-t.org, they have some sick stuff, so does AMSperformance...
I think im just gonna wait a hella long time until i can properly built the bottom end of my KA, and get the proper parts for the turbo kit. Thanks for all the info though
Old 01-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #30
wootwoot
Post Whore!

15 psi on the stock top mount? Are you trying to detonate?