Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #91
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
How resilient is your product to heat?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #92
EatSleepDriftS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
EatSleepDriftS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
still available?
EatSleepDriftS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #93
Driftwurks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Driftwurks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
How resilient is your product to heat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUd665qG8M
Driftwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #94
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bought some of this stuff via Amazon the other day (Prime 2-Day Ship FTW) and I'm pretty happy considering how inexpensive it was.

I used about 30sq ft to do the majority of my trunk and the area under the rear seats. There has been a noticeable reduction in road and exhaust noise, some of the other noises that go through the chassis are still there, so I might be buying more to see if I can quiet those down as well.

One install tip, if your trunk was anything like mine and is dirty/greasy/generally nasty, Clean it really well before trying to apply the matting. Originally I just vacuum out the trunk and wiped things down, but still had some adhesion issues so I got out some heavy duty degreaser and went to town. An easy way to test for adhesion is to run a piece of painters tape or masking tape across the surface before trying to apply the mat, should save some waste.

For those of you wondering about heat, I have a wood stove in my house that heats the lower floor. Since it was ~40* outside I left the mats sitting in front of the stove (about 1' away) as I was working and would go inside and grab one as needed. Interestingly enough, the mats never got 'hot' to the touch, just warm, maybe slightly above room temperature and were cold after sitting outside for 5 minutes. While warm, I did notice that they were much, much easier to work with though...
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #95
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
GTMat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Last chance to get your GTMat 10 sq ft samples! We are ending the promotion at the end of this month. Give us a call today for early shipment Wednesday morning: 1-855-GTSOUND.

Happy Holidays!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #96
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Just wanted to update you guys on our sample. We are still offering free samples, however the size has changed. We are sending out 2" x 3" cuts of all 4 mat brands: Pro, Ultra, Onyx, 110.

If you are interested in receiving this, don't hesitate to PM me your address or to give us a call.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #97
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
PM sent! I'm curious so I figured I would try some out.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #98
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Where would the most optimal place to put this sample be in a coupe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #99
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Depends on what noise you want to cut down on... What's the loudest part of the car?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #100
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
For most coupes, we have been recommending the entire hatch area plus the doors. Usually that requires 30-36sqft.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #101
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

godsmack is an unknown quantity at this point
How much sqft would you recommend for a hatchback from the hatch to rear foot panels?
godsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #102
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsmack View Post
How much sqft would you recommend for a hatchback from the hatch to rear foot panels?
Get me a model and year and I'll take a look.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #103
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Just ordered, took less than a minute, look forward to seeing your product!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #104
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Never recieved my sample thing
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #105
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwire View Post
Never recieved my sample thing
PM me your info and I'll look into it.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #106
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Just a note guys/gals: If you are submitting your address to us for a sample pack, please include a ship to name. Also an email and phone number are helpful in case it is returned to us by USPS.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #107
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Have you called us for your sample yet?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #108
Jay Gadsby
Leaky Injector

Jay Gadsby is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally go to listen to my stereo at full tilt with the GT Mat installed... and I am very pleased. There are NO trunk rattles what so ever, and all the speakers sound crisp and clear. I used the GT mat to do the trunk lid, doors, and rear deck. Phenomenal product guys! i don't sound like a ghetto junkie anymore!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #109
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Just to follow up on my previous post.

This stuff is rad. Over the last couple of weeks, I've finally gotten around to doing the rest of my interior and there's a noticeable difference in road noise.

Initially, I did most of my trunk and a bit of the rear seat area and felt like this stuff had some promise. Figured I'd order some more to play around with and see what kind of results I'd get, for the 150-170 dollars total I have I'm this stuff (I order through Amazon because of prime shipping) I couldn't be happier.

I found that the areas on my S14 that made the largest difference were behind the rear trim panels, in the void between the cabin and front side of the rear wheel wells and the driver's side door, though the passenger's side door also seemed to be a source of noise as well.

When I did the front side of the rear wheel wells, I covered as much of the well as was reasonable, then covered the inner rear QP as well. Once that was done, I covered the cabin panels around the opening and finally the opening itself. Worked pretty well, though if I did it again, I think I'd pack the void with some sort of insulation/lightweight material (foam, probably) before covering.

The drivers door was HUGE. I hadn't realized how much audible road noise came into the car until then. I think a large part of this has to do with the wear on the door itself, figure every time the car has been driven, the door was opened and closed twice, and then probably opened and closed one additional time for every handful of times driven.

So yeah, if you've got some money and time to burn, give this stuff a shot. I'll be getting some more eventually, I'd like to do the roof and some other minor areas with it to see what differences they make. Also, I believe GT mat offers a product for under hood use, that'll probably end up on my car as well.

It's really nice to be able to talk to people without yelling while the car is in motion.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #110
GTMat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Just to follow up on my previous post.

This stuff is rad. Over the last couple of weeks, I've finally gotten around to doing the rest of my interior and there's a noticeable difference in road noise.

Initially, I did most of my trunk and a bit of the rear seat area and felt like this stuff had some promise. Figured I'd order some more to play around with and see what kind of results I'd get, for the 150-170 dollars total I have I'm this stuff (I order through Amazon because of prime shipping) I couldn't be happier.

I found that the areas on my S14 that made the largest difference were behind the rear trim panels, in the void between the cabin and front side of the rear wheel wells and the driver's side door, though the passenger's side door also seemed to be a source of noise as well.

When I did the front side of the rear wheel wells, I covered as much of the well as was reasonable, then covered the inner rear QP as well. Once that was done, I covered the cabin panels around the opening and finally the opening itself. Worked pretty well, though if I did it again, I think I'd pack the void with some sort of insulation/lightweight material (foam, probably) before covering.

The drivers door was HUGE. I hadn't realized how much audible road noise came into the car until then. I think a large part of this has to do with the wear on the door itself, figure every time the car has been driven, the door was opened and closed twice, and then probably opened and closed one additional time for every handful of times driven.

So yeah, if you've got some money and time to burn, give this stuff a shot. I'll be getting some more eventually, I'd like to do the roof and some other minor areas with it to see what differences they make. Also, I believe GT mat offers a product for under hood use, that'll probably end up on my car as well.

It's really nice to be able to talk to people without yelling while the car is in motion.
Thank you for the review and feedback! I'd like to, again, mention that forum members do get a discounted rate when ordering over the phone. Anyone else need an order shipped before Independence Day?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #111
GTMat
Leaky Injector

GTMat Quadro has launched! Check the link for more information!

GTMat Quadro Premium Product
Old 07-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #112
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
just ordered some. cant wait for a quieter ride.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #113
GTMat
Leaky Injector

We have had a lot of request for installation pictures. Our project install is delayed right now, so here is what we have.

DISCLAIMER:
This is an install that was not performed nor advised by our staff. A customer at a MECA event wanted to purchase and decided to install on the spot before the competition. The material was cut with a razor blade, hastily.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #114
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
just bought a 30' roll so i can do my doors panels.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote