Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post JDM Godzillas Unlock Top Speed Only at the Track [News]

We're very torn about this one. In Japan, the new 2009 Nissan GT-R's are limited to a top speed of 112 mph (180 km/h). Which, quite frankly, is depressing. Remember though-- that's Japan only. American and European hoons are (supposedly) limited to 155 mph (250 km/h). Back in Japan, should you take your Godzilla to a track, the GPS doohickies tell the computer to remove the limiter. Makes sense, right? Limit the car to a moderate top speed on the road, and then unleash its full, city-smashing, Mothra-wrasslin' potential on the track. We have two major problems with that.

First of all, this is a Skyline. When the R32 left the factory, the engineers colored the governor yellow so that buyer's could easily locate it and rip it out, unlocking the engine's full and quite super potential. With the new GT-R, Nissan is doing a 180, and not just in kilometers per hour. According to reports, the ECU on the latest Skyline is is quite heavily encrypted and therefor not easily hacked. So, that's no good.
Our second gripe is all about Orwellian, Big Brother-type precedents. Yeah, how cute, when you get to the track you can go faster. We get it. But how long until this sort of technology filters down to the rest of us? As in you're in a 35 mph zone -- you can only go 35 mph. Never forget how O'Brien described the future to Winston Smith, "...a boot stamping on a human face forever." We may be hyperbolizin' and feeling a bit like the Red Rocker, but we're still shuddering. (You need to take a SOMA or something dude... - Ed.) [Gizmodo]

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Yeah that's pretty fucked up.

Pretty soon i gotta ask permission to take a piss.

Oh wait nevermind did that in boot camp already.

It's sad though.

Taking such a nicely engineered car but not letting the motor breath like the way it was intended to.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
If it ever gets to the point where the computer governs your speed to the speed limit on the street you might as well have a fully automated car.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 AM   #4
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
that shit really sucks! hopefully somene will learn to tune the ecu real quick and eliminate this problem.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 AM   #5
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Ok we need the kid that hacked the iphone stat

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I heard in the US, you can only get the new Skyline with a contract through AT&T as well.

but seriously. governer = lame

Would this have something to do with an effort to snuff out wangan racing before the cars hit the streets?
Old 12-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
weaaak they really should call governors pussifiers
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
Would this have something to do with an effort to snuff out wangan racing before the cars hit the streets?
I doubt it.

Damn car companies...they're so compelled to make their new cars so friggin' complicated.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
that shit really sucks! hopefully somene will learn to tune the ecu real quick and eliminate this problem.
Only a matter of time, I'm sure Top Secret, JUN or another japanese tuner will sell a 5k ecu that takes care of this. :ghey:

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl'S13 View Post
Only a matter of time, I'm sure Top Secret, JUN or another japanese tuner will sell a 5k ecu that takes care of this. :ghey:
for anothr 10k, u can get the matching FMIC, cams, and upgraded turbos too! haha
Old 12-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you guys remember the cars in IROBOT? always on auto. take it off auto and the government knows.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #12
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
HAHA that means most of us here can past it on a top speed run
Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
HAHA that means most of us here can past it on a top speed run
Haha we're gonna hear all kinds of sohc crx's talkin shit about how they smoked a new skyline with their non-vtec cars on the freeway

Anyway, this more likely, sounds like a business movement. A target for more revenue through very expensive keys that will unlock the cars full potential. Kinda like the Ipods how they can only carry mp4, mov, etc formats, and it so happens that apple conveniently recommends its "quick time pro" software to convert typical video formats, only for a small fee of $xx. Yeah, I think a lot of shit is getting shady just to make money off the public. High Demand? Find a way to screw the buyer.
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Just got back from Mitsuwa and saw the latest Option Mag. Mines, Amuse and a few others have already started evaluating the car.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #15
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
you guys remember the cars in IROBOT? always on auto. take it off auto and the government knows.
I will shoot myself before I let the gov get that involved in my life.

Governors are lame. If you're retarded enough to go too fast for the situation, you probably deserve to die in a fiery, metal-smashing crash.

Learn control. Learn discernment. Or go buy a Kia/Vovlo.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
SR20d2fourT
Zilvia Junkie

SR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura about
I think cities will be against it just because of the amount of money they get from all the tickets issued. It gives cops something to do other than site side by side and talk shit.

Sucks for the new GT-R though. My S14 don't have that shit. :}
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiI40sx View Post
Haha we're gonna hear all kinds of sohc crx's talkin shit about how they smoked a new skyline with their non-vtec cars on the freeway

Anyway, this more likely, sounds like a business movement. A target for more revenue through very expensive keys that will unlock the cars full potential. Kinda like the Ipods how they can only carry mp4, mov, etc formats, and it so happens that apple conveniently recommends its "quick time pro" software to convert typical video formats, only for a small fee of . Yeah, I think a lot of shit is getting shady just to make money off the public. High Demand? Find a way to screw the buyer.
huh what Cesar, Ipods will hold any kind of format you throw at them including a full operating system for your computer. I know people using older Ipods as boot drives for their computers.
Plus MP4 happens to be a superior format for film and music compression because its lossless. Do you know what that means? MP3's sound like shit because they are lossy. Do you want me to explain to you how lossy sucks? You are getting into conspiracy theories here Cesar, without any knowledge of formats, go have a beer.

To bring it back to Topic, Japan has always limited their cars in some form or another and the tuners have always figured ways around it. Used to be Highway top speeds in Japan were 60 kilometers an hour. I do not know what they are today but with that kind of limit on freeway speeds 112 mph is pretty fast, lol.
Oh and let us not forget that it used be back in the day of the old GTR's that HP was not supposed to be above 280HP. Now they are least not asking the car manufactures to adhere to that anymore.
I.E. who cares thats over there. lol Next subject.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-05-2008 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: saw a grammatical error :D
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
In time some aftermarket ecu will come out... But for the time being this does suck... IROBOT cars, WOW... I'm keeping my s13 forever if thats the case...
xblack240x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #19
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
huh what Cesar, Ipods will hold any kind of format you through at them including a full operating system for your computer. I know people using older Ipods as boot drives for their computers.
Plus MP4 happens to be a superior format for film and music compression because its lossless. Do you know what that means? MP3's sound like shit because they are lossy. Do you want me to explain to you how lossy sucks? You are getting into conspiracy theories here Cesar, without any knowledge of formats, go have a beer.

To bring it back to Topic, Japan has always limited their cars in some form or another and the tuners have always figured ways around it. Used to be Highway top speeds in Japan were 60 kilometers an hour. I do not know what they are today but with that kind of limit on freeway speeds 112 mph is pretty fast, lol.
Oh and let us not forget that it used be back in the day of the old GTR's that HP was not supposed to be above 280HP. Now they are least not asking the car manufactures to adhere to that anymore.
I.E. who cares thats over there. lol Next subject.
alot are 60-80KPH

i routinely stay at 140
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #20
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wtf... one of my fam members is gonna grab one when its on the market but 155?
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im sorry but those writers are fagshits.. go complain to nissan for giving us a sweet ass car.. might as well complain for airbags and not factory equiped race steering wheels.. that stuff is there for safety concerns... imagine how many kid teens are going to kill themselves when they take daddys gtr out for a ride and the familys trying to sue nissan.. and this probably helps keep the insurance down.. they sound like fanboys calling it the skyline anways... let people alter/remove it and then have a reason to void the warrentee..
Old 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how many cars on the street have speed governors ? forreal is everyone just upset this car comes with one? i just got a negative rep for my opinion.. but forreal a speed governor is not that big of a deal.. Typical 240sx cant go past 112 or so thats about simular to the 180kmh.

this site is a freaking joke, they are ranting about an airbag becuase of its shape
http://jalopnik.com/340866/the-big-a...u-your-dignity
Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
I've got the cure.

Who wants to set up camp in underground San Angeles?
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #24
remety
Leaky Injector

remety is on a distinguished road
How are you supposed to break that bitch in?
remety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Do not fear.

Soon, so soon.

A new Haltech Ecu, Beyond the measure of any previous Stand Alone will be released.

Will plug into the New Skyline.

Happiness will be attained.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #26
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
lol haltech ftmfw

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote