Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #31
Jordan-S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Jordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW sick ass car nikeboy.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #32
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I remember being all over your nuts for that shell PimpFlex.

Such a sweet steal. I shoulda stolen it when i had the chance. Damn.

Good build, esp. cuz its Luke.

PS. NSX is gay. lol
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #33
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
I remember being all over your nuts for that shell PimpFlex.

Such a sweet steal. I shoulda stolen it when i had the chance. Damn.

Good build, esp. cuz its Luke.

PS. NSX is gay. lol
you really should have, he basically gave it to me. Only shitty part was having to drive to LA to get it.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #34
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
first set of pics not working...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #35
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Ahh first set of pics was just the pics of the shell anyways.

Alright back on track. Here is how to do a proper fuel system in your track car. Most people think if you just throw a fuel cell in it will be good for the track. This is wrong. You will still drop fuel pickup in corners, and cause engine/driving issues.

The proper way to solve fuel starvation is to use a fuel accumulator/surge tank.

Here is the one I make by hand.

This is a .8 liter fuel canister that acts like the fuel accumulators you see on JGTC and Le Mans race cars. The idea behind this is that the canister is always full at all times. Even if the fuel tank pickup is not picking up fuel in every corner. This will completely eliminate all fuel starvation problems associated with our cars. These will work with the stock tank and pump. These will be beneficial with the stock tank or a fuel cell. Each and every one is precision tig welded personally by me, pressure tested, inspected, and hand polished. I am currently offering these with all -6 fittings as pictured, and also with a -8 feed for the really high hp guys. It is also possible to add another feed to support a twin pump system.

First thing is to Take the Canister which is a 10" long piece of stainless tubing with laser cut end pieces welded on, and get it ready for mock up.

Then find a good mounting location, and mock up the lines. Notice we are using aluminum -6 hard line. -6 is larger than stock, and will be adequate to about 450 whp.

Then we started making the fuel lines. Here is the feed line with the 10 micron cleanable pre pump fuel filter.

Next we mounted the low pressure lift pump into the fuel system cage, and bent up the hard lines.

Since the fuel feed line, and AST were mocked up I decided to get the main high pressure pump ready to mount.

Here it is a 255 lph external pump.

Since it came with an odd sized threaded nipple fitting a conventional -6 A/N fitting was not available. So i had to fabricate both together.

Then I mounted the pump to the fuel system cage and bent up the feed line from the AST.

Now that we had the main feed system mocked up I took the AST can out to weld the fittings on and drill the holes.

With that all tigged up I reinstalled it, and confirmed fitment.

After that was looking all pro I made the sending and return lines.

If that isn't a gangster fuel system, then i don't know what is. You could drive this car on its roof and still get fuel to the engine.

Then I took the Greddy catch can and mounted in next to the radiator. This is the correct location when using our modified valve cover. Which I will have pics of in the next few days.

I hope you guys have enjoyed todays update. More coming in the next few days, now that we are back to working on this car full time.

Luke.

Blu808 - Performance Engineering and Innovation
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #36
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I saw this car while we were working on the catch can mounting.... Looks awesome and I LOVE the subframe the front arms and all that goodies!

WOW DJ I AM JEALOUS!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #37
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nice work, car looks good! Love the cage!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #38
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thumbs up

nice build! I admire all the custom fabrication and cage setup, nice color choice also.
Tignometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #39
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Another update. Today I made the breather system for the car. Since the stock breather system sucks on these cars here is what I did.

Took the valve cover.

Then tig welded a -8 fitting on the rear of the valve cover, and a -10 onto the stock location.

Then fitted a -8 fitting on the filter base, and attached the fittings onto the catch can.

Then started to make the lines.

The -10 male fitting in the stock location has a 90 deg -10 push lock fitting attached. Then -10 push lock hose goes from there down to the oem crank case breather tube.

The -8 that is welded onto the top of the valve cover attaches to a -8 90deg fitting that attaches via stainless line to the catch can.

I have also modified the baffling on the inside of the valve cover, and will try and get some pics tomorrow.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #40
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
looks dope. Which catch can are you using?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #41
blu808
Post Whore!

A authentic GREDDY
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #42
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
ya greddy catch can, authentic is a waste of money, but fuck who cares at this point i've already spent to much. Authentic greddy (not a waste of money) intake manifold is on its way.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
blu808
Post Whore!

Can't wait to get this thing out on the track. I finished the brake system today Matt.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #44
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
nice stuff... I am going to go canton racing wild in my engine bay... ps reservoir, coolant fill tank, etc.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #45
twistex
Leaky Injector

twistex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twistex
looks nice but shouldnt you return any blow by from breather after maf on the intake tube ? This may cause incorrect reading because the breather air has already been metered ? BALLIN THO!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #46
blu808
Post Whore!

Your initial thought is correct, over the years I have setup breather systems both ways and blow by is considered un metered air since it was accounted for the previous cycle of the engine. Any air entering the intake tube will lean out the engine if it is not metered.

Luke.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #47
twistex
Leaky Injector

twistex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twistex
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Your initial thought is correct, over the years I have setup breather systems both ways and blow by is considered un metered air since it was accounted for the previous cycle of the engine. Any air entering the intake tube will lean out the engine if it is not metered.

Luke.
yes but any of the air thats not exhaust should be put back into motor so the air can be combusted with the fuel thats supose to be there from what the maf metered and ecu has sent that amount of fuel for that amount of air right ? I mean I see what your saying. Stock is how its setup so is stock way bad ? Worse thing that can happen doing it your way is you will run a little rich if anything and we all know richer on a turbo car is obviously safer!!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #48
blu808
Post Whore!

Blow by is considered spent air as far as the engine is concerned. It was suppose to be burned completely and exit out of the exhaust ports. Any blow by, or crank case air is considered new air and needs to be metered. It's not like we are taking the air in the intake manifold and re metering it.

Stock setups are after the maf for 3 reasons. On a stock engine the stock PVC valve is usually enough to rid the blow by gasses. 2nd on a stock engine there is usually not very much blow by. 3rd Any air that comes from the crank case is considered exhaust technically and cannot be vented to the atmosphere.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #49
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Blow by is considered spent air as far as the engine is concerned. It was suppose to be burned completely and exit out of the exhaust ports. Any blow by, or crank case air is considered new air and needs to be metered. It's not like we are taking the air in the intake manifold and re metering it.

Stock setups are after the maf for 3 reasons. On a stock engine the stock PVC valve is usually enough to rid the blow by gasses. 2nd on a stock engine there is usually not very much blow by. 3rd Any air that comes from the crank case is considered exhaust technically and cannot be vented to the atmosphere.
Also correct me if im wrong, but isn't the stock system also for the oil that sometimes comes from blow by. If that was before the maf it would have a severe effect on it for sure, so the only option before a catch can is putting it after the maf because there isn't anything that can really be hurt to bad beyond the maf (within reason, intercoolers filling up and such is bad news but thats another story)
Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #50
blu808
Post Whore!

That is correct. Infact if you would have just used the stock vent on the valve cover and connected that to a breather, and then to the intake, it would fill up the catch can with oil over a few laps.

With the new vent being on top of the valve cover and with the baffling it won't have any issues.

Luke