Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
drkidd22
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
drkidd22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recic Valve Hose connections

So, I'm trying to temember some things and can't find the answer for. I'm looking for where the hell is it that the bottom hose of the recirc valve goes to, in the pic it is connected to a pipe, but where does the pipe end? is it at the engine block or does it go back the intake or something?. I removed my stock recirc valve and I'm jusr trying to find out how it was put together from stock.

drkidd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
aznrib
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
aznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her selfaznrib is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the hose connects to the stock turbo elbow. The thing in the first picture where the hose is connected to (totally forgot what it was called), you can throw away. It is used for emission purposes.
aznrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
the recirc valve comes from the IC charged piping or manifold after the turbo... to the Intake Before the turbo....

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
Exactly where it is mounted to on the motor from the factory is beyond me.. lol its been a while.. lol

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkidd22 View Post
I'm looking for where the hell is it that the bottom hose of the recirc valve goes to, in the pic it is connected to a pipe, but where does the pipe end? is it at the engine block or does it go back the intake or something?
Search AIV if you want to know what the function is.

The top hose goes to the intake after the air filter. The bottom hose goes to the turbo elbow.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrib View Post
the hose connects to the stock turbo elbow. The thing in the first picture where the hose is connected to (totally forgot what it was called), you can throw away. It is used for emission purposes.
Keep for visual inspection purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo Power View Post
the recirc valve comes from the IC charged piping or manifold after the turbo... to the Intake Before the turbo....
This is not shown in the picture. The recirculation valve is completely different from the AIV.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
drkidd22
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
drkidd22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Search AIV if you want to know what the function is.

The top hose goes to the intake after the air filter. The bottom hose goes to the turbo elbow.

Thanks to all you guys for quick response. Now I remember I took the AIV pipe along with the old turbo elbow out and took that thing out of the car. The new turbo elbow has a plug in the whole where the AIV would go,

Can I put my o2 wideband at the turbo elbow or should I go a little farther away.?
drkidd22 is offline   Reply With Quote