Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Intake & Exhaust

Old 12-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Parts Shop MAX ~Cobra Downpipe~ Real time quotes and ordering in thread!

NOW FEATURING:
PURCHASES AND SHIPPING QUOTES DIRECTLY FROM THIS THREAD!
SIMPLY CLICK THE BLUE ADD TO CART LINK
VIEW CART

FOR KA-T & SR: MAX 304SS FLEX COBRA DOWNPIPE $380
*made to order please allow about 1 week for fabrication
*if you have the tomei expreme manifold, that will push the turbo back towards the firewall and cause this pipe to hit the transmission
*all manifolds that maintain the stock position are not a problem.
ADD TO CART < click to quote with shipping or to place an order

The MAX Flex Cobra exhaust system combines a turbo dump elbow, downpipe, and flex section into one easy to install system that produces benefits greater than the sum of its parts.

Innovative Features:

>Half inch thick inlet flange that is straight cut between bolt holes. This is 3x as much steel as other flanges which prevents any warping from welding or heat cycling of the turbo.

>Half inch thick asymetric outlet flange eliminates leaks and failed gaskets under the car. More material on the top for strength, less on the bottom so you dont scrape it.

>Superior ground clearance without having to hammer factory metal (with manifolds that maintain OEM position). OEM heat shield must be removed. Down pipe runs paralell to the frame rail.

>Tripod tranny mount features slotted holes. Its so strong and has so much adjustability that if you mount it in its highest position it will raise the entire exhaust system so much that the cat back pipe will hit the subframe and diff.

>Dual 2 inch mandrel bent tubes used in the elbow, 3" flex section. 3" downpipe with only 1 smooth segmented bend for maxumim flow.

>Independant merged tubes in dump elbow keep turbine flow seperated from the waste gate all the way down to the flex section. Our competitors have one big collector or if they do seperate its piped back into the elbow at a not so smooth angle.

>Turbune tube extends past the flange into the turbo completely seperating both sides of the turbo to prevent turbulence and maximixe hoesepower and torque. Other companies have either a bolt on extension that does not seal properly or a flap that does not seperate flow more for more than an inch.

>Vertically oriented flex section eliminates the usual flange and gasket who's bolts are difficult to get to. It also reduces the amount of unflexable weight that hangs on the exhaust manifold. Vertical flex isolates any ground contact in the exhaust system from the turbo and manifold eliminating loose bolts, failed gaskets, and cracked manifolds. Other flex down pipes have the flex section on the bottom of the car towards the cat causing any contact with speed bumps to be transmitted directly to the turbo and manifold. Those horizontal flex section's drag on the ground because the flex is a larger diameter than the pipe which completely misses the whole point of having a flex section in the first place.

>Compatible with all bottom mounted turbos such as T25, T28, S15 turbo, GT2871R, GT25R etc. with 5 bolt outlet. Inlet flange has one slotted hole to accomodate the different 5 bolt patterns and OEM gaskets in T25 & T28 OEM turbos. For turbos with a built in divider plate it is necessary to grind off the turbine tube extension.

>Compatible with Right and left hand drive S13,14, & 15 chassis. Plenty of clearance for the steering shaft firewall and tranny.

>Compatible with above turbos and chassis equipped with SR20 or KA24 Turbo Conversion motors.

>100% 304 stainless steel ~ hand built ~ TIG Welded ~ 11 pounds

.5" thick flanges with extra material around the perimeter stay flat preventing exhaust leaks
adjustable tranny mount allows more ground clearance for the entire exhaust system
o2 bung
Turbine/wastegate devider flange and dual dump tubes separate turbulence from wastegate from inside the turbo down through the flex section
3 layer vertical flex is the only way to have true exhaust system safety and reliability
Slotted 5th hole for T25 and T28 turbo
Smooth segmented bend

We can install a 2nd O2 bung for wideband +$20

Without dump elbow for top mount turbo application $209
All options are selectable when you click the add to cart button.
ADD TO CART < click to quote with shipping or to place an order
*made to order please allow about 1 week for fabrication
*if you have the tomei expreme manifold, that will push the turbo back towards the firewall and cause this pipe to hit the transmission
*all manifolds that maintain the stock position are not a problem
VIEW CART
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 06-17-2010 at 08:05 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
could you guys put a flange on the top of that flex section? I already have a nice turbo elbow I don't want to ditch and I'd love to replace my shitbox greddy one. Or possibly, move the flex section after the bend, and just have a 3 bolt flange for a normal t25/t28 outlet?

BTW: LOVE the new setup for the buys, keeps the PMing down a lot.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
gijoe69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
gijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant futuregijoe69 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gijoe69
will it work with a RB25DET Stock Turbo?
gijoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
could you guys put a flange on the top of that flex section? I already have a nice turbo elbow I don't want to ditch and I'd love to replace my shitbox greddy one. Or possibly, move the flex section after the bend, and just have a 3 bolt flange for a normal t25/t28 outlet?
no, we cant. moving the flex after the bend defeats the whole purpose of the flex if you hit the bend on something or the flex section itself scrapes the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe69 View Post
will it work with a RB25DET Stock Turbo?
no, I think that turbo has six holes
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
pete240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
pete240 is making a name for him/her selfpete240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do you have any downpipes in stock? I blew mine up this weekend and I need something nice asap
pete240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

yes in stock now
Old 12-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I may come down there to see what they look like in person, I was curious if the welds on the inside are smooth. I am insane and the only thing keeping me from buying this right now is the fact that it does not look like this on the inside.
Im insane about what i buy haha.
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 AM   #8
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
This looks awesome.

Great work Dan and Martin.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #9
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
would it be possible to have you guys change the flange out for an rb25 stock turbo flange? just curious cause im running an rb25 turbo on my sr20...
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3ga View Post
I may come down there to see what they look like in person, I was curious if the welds on the inside are smooth. I am insane and the only thing keeping me from buying this right now is the fact that it does not look like this on the inside.
Im insane about what i buy haha.
as far as your turbo is concerned it will be way smoother flowing than the design in pic you posted because the wastegate turbulence is not allowed to re-enter the exhaust flow until it gets to the flex section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
This looks awesome.

Great work Dan and Martin.
thanks Jack!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE_Racer View Post
would it be possible to have you guys change the flange out for an rb25 stock turbo flange? just curious cause im running an rb25 turbo on my sr20...
we cant do that at this time
Old 12-30-2009, 01:43 AM   #11
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Sounds good, Im running a stock t-25 at this time on the SR. I'm trying to figure out which of the two pipes to go with since i may upgrade the turbo later. One thing i was concerned about is how the two pipes are placed together, I was just thinking about if exhaust gas was able to get in between the two pipes or how exactly that was designed.

How much of a difference is it if i get the one without the divider and run it on a turbo that does not have a stock divider like a t-25 or s14 t-28?

Ill be definitely picking one of these up, for now its all about deciding on which to get haha. Do you have any closer pictures of the insides of both turbo elbow sections? Or if you could get a straight photo at each one that would be great!

Thanks alot Dan
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

The exhaust gas can not get inbetween the two tubes until they dump out into the flex section. The turbine side is a uninterupted mandrel bent 2" pipe and the wastegate is a semicircular tube welded onto the turbine tube. We do not back purge to control costs so you can see some oxidation inside the turbine tube. If you are anal about how smooth the inside of the pipe is you can run a flexible ball hone through it.

what you need to do is get the cobra with the divider because you have t25 and when you get the t28, you simply cut the divider.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

That pic is exactly what i was looking for thanks, does the S14 T-28 have a divider? Also how bad would it be to use the non divided one the T-25

I appreciate the pics and input.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
looks awesome, any pics of the ground clearance on it? it's time to get rid of my poo downpipe that hits everything possible
hailandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3ga View Post
That pic is exactly what i was looking for thanks, does the S14 T-28 have a divider? Also how bad would it be to use the non divided one the T-25

I appreciate the pics and input.
I know the S15 does, dont know about S14. I dont know how bad it will be, I never tried it ~ But you seem like a perfectionist so follow my advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
looks awesome, any pics of the ground clearance on it? it's time to get rid of my poo downpipe that hits everything possible
Old 12-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #16
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
I know the S15 does, dont know about S14. I dont know how bad it will be, I never tried it ~ But you seem like a perfectionist so follow my advice.

I hear you haha, is there any way you can get me a slough of pictures similar to the one i had you post of the elbow? Im trying to see how far the welds go and everything. So some high res pics would be good. I am a perfectionist, it hurts. I assume you are the same way? I really want to buy this but i like to thoroughly inspect things before i buy them. Call me insane haha.

I really appreciate the help with all this
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #17
mteehee
Leaky Injector

mteehee is an unknown quantity at this point

I plan on buying one of these very soon.
mteehee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:15 AM   #18
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

^haha im calm.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Also how much room is between the divider plate and the inside of the turbo before it hits the back of the turbo?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

oh fuck I lol'd what the hell is that a leemur?

we do have a proper website with our own products forum where you can see an infinity of pictures and discussion before you buy. ::Powered by MAX::

and of course visiting our shop would be better than any high rez photo.

I only have one left in stock at this time.

I dont know how much room since you cant see it after the turbo is bolted on.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #21
2wo4orty
Leaky Injector

2wo4orty is an unknown quantity at this point
can you also post a pic of where it mounts onto tripod mounts onto the tranny
I can't seem to find any pics on the net
and as of right now my dp is not bolted to the tranny so i think i might be missing a bracket or something.

Plan on getting this in the new year can't wait
2wo4orty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #22
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
oh fuck I lol'd what the hell is that a leemur?

we do have a proper website with our own products forum where you can see an infinity of pictures and discussion before you buy. ::Powered by MAX::

and of course visiting our shop would be better than any high rez photo.

I only have one left in stock at this time.

I dont know how much room since you cant see it after the turbo is bolted on.
LOL Leemurs are awesome.

I see ill check the forum as well.

Does the fabricator know how much room there is? I mean he had to of measured the distance to the inside of the turbo otherwise there could have been clearance issues.

Basically i just want to compare how much the divider sticks out, to the distance from the inner wall of the turbo out to where the flange meets.

THANKS!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I dont have a pic handy - Its just the OEM exhaust mount, one side bolts to the tranny mount, other side bolts to the exhaust.

fabricator does not know how much room there is because the process was to grind and shape the tab little by little till the flange could bolt on flush with the turbo, then we made a template and then production pieces.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:54 AM   #24
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Sounds good! Id like to have one made without the bracket if possible. I pm'd you also!

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 AM   #25
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Damn this is a nice product but i dont feel like spending 400 on it.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #26
rb26man
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
rb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura aboutrb26man has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb26man Send a message via Yahoo to rb26man
looks super clean

rb26man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #27
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Damn this is a nice product but i dont feel like spending 400 on it.
$400 isnt really all that much, the moonface downpipe is a lot more than this one and does not have the flex section. They put a lot of testing into the production of this dp so IMO its definitely worth it. Especially for low cars or anyone that cares about clearance.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

sold out of the premade cobras, I have more raw materials but there will be a slight delay for production if you order right now
Old 01-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #29
drb930
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drb930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does this DownPipe still allow for a Cat in the regular place?

Thanks,
Dave
drb930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #30
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb930 View Post
Does this DownPipe still allow for a Cat in the regular place?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes it does, you are able to run a cat/ test pipe just like you would normally, im sure they could fabricate you a downpipe with an extended bottom tube so you would not have to run a test pipe or cat if thats what you wanted to do.