Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Intake & Exhaust

Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Parts Shop MAX ~Flex Cobra Downpipe/Elbow~ 2011 model in stock now with lower price!

We have done a big production run on our FLEX COBRA down pipe to bring down costs and to cut down on wait time for fabrication.

Its still 100% tig welded by hand still the by far the best down pipe available for preserving your manifold, gaskets, and exhaust system reliability on a super low car.

The new price is $320 which is $60 off the old price. We also include a wideband o2 bung (and a plug) with every pipe which was a $20 option so that brings the savings to $80. With stainless being soooo expensive going up in cost all the time, its nice to figure out a way actually get you guys a break.

We also implemented a nice laser logo badge, a beautiful brushed finish, and a lifetime warranty.

We hope you enjoy the improvements.

*if you have the tomei expreme manifold, that will push the turbo back towards the firewall and cause this pipe to hit the transmission
*all manifolds that maintain the stock position are not a problem.
*For KA-T fitment: The part was developed on SR and is compatible with KA with a manifold that puts the turbo in the same position as a stock SR.
You should verify the turbo position with the manifold manufacturer.

click the orange MAX FLEX COBRA button to add to cart, quote with shipping, or to place an order

Innovative Features:

>Half inch thick inlet flange that is straight cut between bolt holes. This is 3x as much steel as other flanges which prevents any warping from welding or heat cycling of the turbo.

>Half inch thick asymetric outlet flange eliminates leaks and failed gaskets under the car. More material on the top for strength, less on the bottom so you dont scrape it.

>Superior ground clearance without having to hammer factory metal (with manifolds that maintain OEM position). OEM heat shield must be removed. Down pipe runs paralell to the frame rail.

>Tripod tranny mount features slotted holes. Its so strong and has so much adjustability that if you mount it in its highest position it will raise the entire exhaust system so much that the cat back pipe will hit the subframe and diff.

>Dual 2 inch mandrel bent tubes used in the elbow, 3" flex section. 3" downpipe with only 1 smooth segmented bend for maxumim flow.

>Independant merged tubes in dump elbow keep turbine flow seperated from the waste gate all the way down to the flex section. Our competitors have one big collector or if they do seperate its piped back into the elbow at a not so smooth angle.

>Turbune tube extends past the flange into the turbo completely seperating both sides of the turbo to prevent turbulence and maximixe hoesepower and torque. Other companies have either a bolt on extension that does not seal properly or a flap that does not seperate flow more for more than an inch.

>Vertically oriented flex section eliminates the usual flange and gasket who's bolts are difficult to get to. It also reduces the amount of unflexable weight that hangs on the exhaust manifold. Vertical flex isolates any ground contact in the exhaust system from the turbo and manifold eliminating loose bolts, failed gaskets, and cracked manifolds. Other flex down pipes have the flex section on the bottom of the car towards the cat causing any contact with speed bumps to be transmitted directly to the turbo and manifold. Those horizontal flex section's drag on the ground because the flex is a larger diameter than the pipe which completely misses the whole point of having a flex section in the first place.

>Compatible with all bottom mounted turbos such as T25, T28, S15 turbo, GT2871R, GT25R etc. with 5 bolt outlet. Inlet flange has one slotted hole to accomodate the different 5 bolt patterns and OEM gaskets in T25 & T28 OEM turbos. For turbos with a built in divider plate it is necessary to grind off the turbine tube extension.

>Compatible with Right and left hand drive S13,14, & 15 chassis. Plenty of clearance for the steering shaft firewall and tranny.

>Compatible with above turbos and chassis equipped with SR20 or KA24 Turbo Conversion motors.

>100% 304 stainless steel ~ hand built ~ TIG Welded ~ 11 pounds

options are selectable when you click the add to cart button.

click the orange MAX FLEX COBRA button to add to cart, quote with shipping, or to place an order

*if you have the tomei expreme manifold, that will push the turbo back towards the firewall and cause this pipe to hit the transmission
*all manifolds that maintain the stock position are not a problem
VIEW CART

We also make a FLEX COBRA for the RB25 swap on McKinney mounts - not mass prodution so it runs $80 more than the pipe above.

How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 03-07-2011 at 02:33 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
fuck yeah
Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
BRAIN_Z33
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
BRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
thats some very nice tig work man. keep up the good work!
BRAIN_Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
awesome piece, I got one of the first runs and it has been holding up like a boss
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
how long does it take to receive it after I order to the states?
filluptieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys!

Its in stock in San Diego CA, and it takes 3 days to ship to TX
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Perfect timing as I am ordering one soon! You guys always put out great stuff, thanks for cutting us an awesome break and making some changes to improve over the old model!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
ROOSEY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
ROOSEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
thats probably the sickest downpipe i have ever seen
ROOSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #9
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
is that mean im getting the new design???but i paid the old price and its still not here?
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Will you guys be making anything like this for top mount set-ups?
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
r34sr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
r34sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
how is it that they can make something as simple as a downpipe look so sexy??? i swear ive always wanted to buy every part they offer , not because i need it but just because they are works of art......i thought fortune auto or my stance lx's were the best looking coilovers ever......then they release their coilovers and now i wish i waited a few months :-(
r34sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
awesome. what applications? How about na ka?
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #13
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
is that mean im getting the new design???but i paid the old price and its still not here?
IM me your real name and paypal email address ~ im sure I can sort it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Will you guys be making anything like this for top mount set-ups?
well yes and no
its too sketchy to make a production top mount down pipe because there are so many manifold and turbo combinations, so to get you the essential portion of this downpipe and let you fab a 90 degree elbow on your turbo this is what we can do:

I suppose if we ever made our own top mount manifold we could suport that with a complete downpipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
awesome. what applications? How about na ka?
Chu funny gai, a downpipe for NA?
from the above post:
>Compatible with all bottom mounted turbos such as T25, T28, S15 turbo, GT2871R, GT25R etc. with 5 bolt outlet. Inlet flange has one slotted hole to accomodate the different 5 bolt patterns and OEM gaskets in T25 & T28 OEM turbos. For turbos with a built in divider plate it is necessary to grind off the turbine tube extension.
>Compatible with above turbos and chassis equipped with SR20 or KA24 Turbo Conversion motors.

The second Flex Cobra application we make is for an RB swap using the McKinney RB25DET Motor Mount Kit for S13/S14 240SX

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 01-28-2011 at 12:37 AM..
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #14
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

pmed you my info bro.

thnx
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
hey dan how long is this deal gona last?

i need to jump on this and get the super high exhaust when its out for grabs
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #16
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
nice , but will this raise the entire exhaust system, or just down pipe. i still feel like my resonator will hit even with this item.
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
killer240
Post Whore!

well if your talkin about the whole catback then no it wont, cuz its made like that.
unless you fix it and try to bring it up against the frames.. if you want something thats almost kissing on the frame, might as well sell what you got and do a custom exhaust.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
it would be cool to have this with a v band at the elbow to flex pipe.

so i can bolt the elbow (tack weld the bolts so they wont back out) on my turbo and then v-band to the flex pipe..

id buy the sh!t out of that
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
pmed you my info bro.

thnx
Refunded you $60 for the price change on 2011 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
hey dan how long is this deal gona last?

i need to jump on this and get the super high exhaust when its out for grabs
at least until we run out again, but we will try to produce with the same scale in the future to maintain the same price on other production runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
nice , but will this raise the entire exhaust system, or just down pipe. i still feel like my resonator will hit even with this item.
The tranny exhaust mount is slotted/adjustable so it is optional, but yes it is can to raise the rest of the exhaust system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
well if your talkin about the whole catback then no it wont, cuz its made like that.
unless you fix it and try to bring it up against the frames.. if you want something thats almost kissing on the frame, might as well sell what you got and do a custom exhaust.
You shouldt shorten the hangers on the rest of the exhaust system so you dont abuse the tranny mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black240Ct View Post
it would be cool to have this with a v band at the elbow to flex pipe.

so i can bolt the elbow (tack weld the bolts so they wont back out) on my turbo and then v-band to the flex pipe..

id buy the sh!t out of that
I see why you would want to do that being used to your former exhaust systems issues but maybe you dont need to do that because point of the vertical flex section and the ground clearance is your turbo bolts wont be prone to loosening
Old 01-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #20
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hot-spec. i'd really like one of these down the road!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #21
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice deal, glad you guys are continuing to develop products for the S-chassis.
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #22
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
LOL the transmission hanger/bracket plate looks like a penis. Otherwise a nice product
Old 01-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #23
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

you have an uncanny ability to spot cock n' balls anywhere
Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #24
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
you have an uncanny ability to spot cock n' balls anywhere
only 8% of kids have this curse
Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #25
whitepony22
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
whitepony22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have an old school Full Race bottom mount T2 with a FP 20G. Any ideas on fitment with this? I don't believe the manifold is off from factory location, but I couldn't tell as I'm still finishing up my build.
whitepony22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #26
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I don't know, maybe full race can answer that.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #27
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

just curious when will my dp come in? been 22days since i placed my order.....
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #28
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

All old downpipe orders that were waiting on this shipment will be dispatched Monday.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #29
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

now i get why its taking 4ever but its worth the wait to get the new stuff!!was planning on welding my own wideband o2 bung but now i wont have to wooohooo...u guys rock!!!

Quote:
All old downpipe orders that were waiting on this shipment will be dispatched Monday.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #30
killer240
Post Whore!

im so stoke bout how it will sound, will get mine at the end of the month along with my shift knob. next is the catback. sweetness