Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
PedroJG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
PedroJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My KA won't stay on, please help!!

Hopefully i'm posting this in the right section but I need some serious help with my s13. Here's the story, a couple months ago I was driving my car and all of a sudden the car started to sputter. The first time it did i just pressed the gas and it was all ok. Then it did a second time while driving to school one morning and completely stalled on me and every time i turn on the car ill be able to drive for about 2min and it'll just stall again. I took it to a mechanic and he checked the fuel pressure and said that it would continuously decrease with that being said he changed the fuel pump. I then drove it home and everything was fine then the next day it did it again. I had it towed home and decided to work on it my self. (great idea right?) well i cleaned up all the emission, egr valve delete, vacuum lines. etc. After everything was cleaned up I put it all back together and now when i start the car it idles around 500rpm and sounds horrible (could just be my ugly ass exhaust that previous owner put in). I've checked timing maybe 20 times already. The engine shakes a bunch and when i try to press the gas it stalls right away. If i just let it idle it'll just shake horrendously and then eventually stall. If anyone can help me diagnosis this problem or fix it please let me know, I've been stuck without a car for 2 months and classes start back up in august!!

List of parts changed/upgraded:
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Egr block off plate
Deleted all the emissions (yes alllllll of it)
Isis radiator with electric fans and shroud
Spark plugs/wires, distributor, etc.
Coolant temp sensor
New Harness and ECU

Last edited by PedroJG; 07-14-2014 at 06:23 PM..
PedroJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links