Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had 1 s14 sr / 1 s14 that had 2 full built rb26 and both of them blew up // in that same s14 im now ls1/g-force tranny

I gave up on the RB's after the last one blew up again , but i still love those engine

I hope it goes better for you

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #32
kris
Zilvia Member

kris is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know why people are so against V8's. Hell if i had the cash and gave a shit i would yank my SR out right now.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #33
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her selfridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ridesnowx4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
dont count on it. its just gonna get worse. even some of the japanese drivers that drift in the american circuit are using them. Dai... oh why, Dai..
Agreed^^^
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #34
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good to see you building a new car finally, Marc! I still remember when you lost the old 14.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #35
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Why do engine builds turn into "why didn't you throw a V8 in there" threads?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #36
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

ridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her selfridesnowx4 is making a name for him/her self
^^ Good question, I've had this 25 for over 5 years and i'm not about to give up on it to put the new "standard" in drift car motors. I can still kick just as much ass with a responsive tuned RB.

Thanks for the positive vibes!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #37
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
why yuno LS???

just kidding. nice fab work
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
kris
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesnowx4 View Post
^^ Good question, I've had this 25 for over 5 years and i'm not about to give up on it to put the new "standard" in drift car motors. I can still kick just as much ass with a responsive tuned RB.

Thanks for the positive vibes!

TQ, HP, cheap power mods, cheaper motors, they sound better (<lamest reason but still a reason) reliability at higher power levels IDK? I am not saying you should do a V8 really do what ever the hell you want to do. Just wondering why there is so much ricer hate for the V8.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
frizzle
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (45)
frizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruinfrizzle is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Looking good Marc.
frizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #40
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
TQ, HP, cheap power mods, cheaper motors, they sound better (<lamest reason but still a reason) reliability at higher power levels IDK? I am not saying you should do a V8 really do what ever the hell you want to do. Just wondering why there is so much ricer hate for the V8.

because if you wanted a v8 you should of bought a camaro.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #41
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin240sx View Post
because if you wanted a v8 you should of bought a camaro.
If you wanted an I6 you should have bought a Skyline?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #42
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
If your more into competing go ls becuse thats the only way you'll keep up and there reliabe at 500hp stock bottom end , unless u build a sr or rb. but rb,sr,ca,ka's are good for dd/weekend warrior status. but thtas just me, But this is what he wants to do so let him do it.
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #43
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I'm sure i'll eventually have no choice but to slap a mildly built LS into this car but for now i'm still going to give it my all next season, as long as I can have a responsive tune and fine tune the steering components I'll still have a blast like i've always had since I started drifting in 03. It's all about the fun and the passion!

I may have finished 31st out of 65 drivers at D1GP Anaheim in 2009 with built SR on a 3071 that we didn't have time to tune the day before so it ran like poo, too rich and required me to kick the clutch at LEAST 10 times down the straight to make it to top of 3rd for the first corner, it was the slowest, most sluggish car there BUT I still had a blast regardless and would do it again and again.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #44
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^ That's what I like to hear...Do you my man!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #45
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If Formula D keeps going this direction all cars will soon have to be the exact same. Then it will be just Nascar sideways.
Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #46
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

But we all know after watching the last 4 years that it IS going to be that way. I like V8's but not as much as RB's, 1J's 2J's and even high horsepower SR's.

Either way, if the RB doesn't cut it by the mid XDC season, then I'll have to switch over. I've always been the guy who doesn't ever quite have the necessary equipment to beat the guy that just started drifting but has everything...
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #47
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
formula d has unfortunatly moved away from grass roots style thats why i like d1gp style dont get me wrong i enjoy seeing fd events but dude give it your all when your competing id rather see a underdog take out pro drivers all day long.
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Alright, back on topic

Tomorrow I took the day off from work, still had a bunch of Paid Time Off that won't roll over to next year.

Gotta change out fluids
Wire up fans & relay
Wire up headlights
See if she starts up again and try to figure out why it's hunting for idle between 1200 and 4500 RPMS.......

Then I need to slap this old, rotten, smelly Sparco and go for a little test run so I can start adjusting all these new suspension arms.

Once it feels like I won't need to do anymore fabrication then I can rip the motor and everything back out to send it to our Paint shop. The owner of Intensepower.com is set on this new color but I think it looks too close to our old signature color.

I NEED COLOR IDEAS... something poppy and stands out but doesn't look like every other car in the line up :/ SUGGESTIONS?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #49
DailyDrivenS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
DailyDrivenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NICE WORK look forward to seeing the progress
Old 12-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Midnight Purple III!
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #51
kris
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
Midnight Purple III!
really cool color but probably not "poppy" enough. Color choice sucks its the hardest thing to do. I am in the middle of changing my car so its not a garage queen and color is part of that. colors i think are cool for a 240 fastback--

Gold candy (well pagan gold over black) looks like a carmel-a bitch to paint though. I painted my scooter this

quick link to see what it looks like

midnight purple III--shows scuffs and is only cool in sun light otherwise its just a dark color

guards red with some flair (my top choice dont wanna spit out the flair as i want it all for my own)--

House of color- neon chartreuse want to get noticed? here you go lol--way cool color but hates sunlight so after a year you are painting again--kinda wild on a whole car though

Synergy green/snakeskin green--very cool colors (damn American shit is try to infiltrate again!!!) not quite sure on a fastback
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #52
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big fan of the motor choice as well as the dash logger
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #53
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtmensch View Post
Big fan of the motor choice as well as the dash logger
Thank you! I may have a few questions for you about my Stack ST500/700
Old 12-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #54
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
really cool color but probably not "poppy" enough. Color choice sucks its the hardest thing to do. I am in the middle of changing my car so its not a garage queen and color is part of that. colors i think are cool for a 240 fastback--

Gold candy (well pagan gold over black) looks like a carmel-a bitch to paint though. I painted my scooter this

quick link to see what it looks like

midnight purple III--shows scuffs and is only cool in sun light otherwise its just a dark color

guards red with some flair (my top choice dont wanna spit out the flair as i want it all for my own)--

House of color- neon chartreuse want to get noticed? here you go lol--way cool color but hates sunlight so after a year you are painting again--kinda wild on a whole car though

Synergy green/snakeskin green--very cool colors (damn American shit is try to infiltrate again!!!) not quite sure on a fastback
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look all these up and post up a couple I've been looking into as well.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #55
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Here's a quick update! After wiring up a consol port to the ecu harness we pin pointed why it was running so rough.

- MAFS was obviously bad, as I thought.
- TPS wasn't calibrated right because my Q45 throttle body had a broken piece on it for the cruise control and that broken piece wa preventing the throttle valve from closing completely.
- My throttle body gasket was missing half of itself hahaha, MAJOR vacuum leak. - AAC Valve is either dirty or bad, it's still hunting for idle but at least it runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1NT6rgJ6E&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NylqB0oflmQ&

Last edited by ridesnowx4; 12-26-2011 at 12:55 PM..
ridesnowx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #56
Aki180sx
Leaky Injector

Aki180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I like this build...page 2 and it already runs and drives so we are not just drooling over parts in someones spare bedroom.

do you plan on going to the xdc rounds in Texas? I want to see this in person.
Aki180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:51 AM   #57
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I'll be running the West Coast series and possibly the east coast and Texas rounds when I find some funding and transport!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #58
rev-em-hard

rev-em-hard is an unknown quantity at this point
marc, the build looks great! keep it up! Find a two car trailer and split fuel costs with me and we can tow both cars with my diesel van as I will be doing them all if I have the funds also. call me foo! PS: I get to go back to france in april! not days that interfere with XDC of course
rev-em-hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #59
ridesnowx4
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Good stuff! I'm going back to France sometime in July to visit family.

I've been looking for two car trailers but they're tough to come by.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #60
rev-em-hard

rev-em-hard is an unknown quantity at this point
we just got to find some $300 beat to shit 32ft travel trailer and demolish the top and deck that fucker.
rev-em-hard is offline   Reply With Quote